Driving while black

TitanTiger

I think his post is a reflection of having lived the life of an officer of the law. Do the job for awhile and come back to us in a couple of years.....

You could also imagine walking in the shoes of a minority.....especially in this area

Living as a minority is no different than living as anyone else. It's all perception.

Please tell me you don't really believe this. Please tell me you're just seeking attention.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/03/15/many-conservatives-blowing-it-ferguson-doj-report/

I don't understand. Please explain.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, if you have access to running water, heated water, and proper sanitation, you are privileged. No matter what color your skin is.

What a WTF moment..

The thing is, if you have access to running water, heated water, and proper sanitation, you are privileged. No matter what color your skin is.

What a WTF moment..

Do you disagree?

What a WTF moment..

Do you disagree?

I think USN meant the equivalent of: what is your point?

I think his post is a reflection of having lived the life of an officer of the law. Do the job for awhile and come back to us in a couple of years.....

You could also imagine walking in the shoes of a minority.....especially in this area

Living as a minority is no different than living as anyone else. It's all perception.

Come on Weegs. No way in he** you believe that. :no:

Wait a minute, are you guys saying that because I'm not a minority, that I couldn't possibly speak on or have an expert opinion on what it's like to live as a minority?

Wait a minute, are you guys saying that because I'm not a minority, that I couldn't possibly speak on or have an expert opinion on what it's like to live as a minority?

What caused you to reach that conclusion?

Don't get it?

I don't suppose I do, but I am willing to listen.

If you have been following the narrative of this thread, you would get it.

So you cannot spell it out for me (or Titan as you are attempting to address)?

Knowing that the next argument will be that theses two examples don't equate, I suppose I will state what you already know.

Just as I can't tell a minority that their plight isn't a big deal, (because I'm not one), a person that isn't a cop doesn't have any business telling a cop how to do his job.

I thought you guys had degrees. That wasn't that hard to unpack.

Knowing that the next argument will be that theses two examples don't equate, I suppose I will state what you already know.

Just as I can't tell a minority that their plight isn't a big deal, (because I'm not one), a person that isn't a cop doesn't have any business telling a cop how to do his job.

The problem there is that no one told you "you can't tell a minority their plight isn't a big deal". In fact, no one told you anything of the sort. If anyone has told you anything, it is that your points should be supported by facts or logic. Logic is, of course, debatable. Throw some out there if you want to discuss it, but you didn't do that did you?

You have still not addressed Titan's logic, despite your failed attempt at baiting others into addressing it for you. When your logic is: "if you have not done x job, you have no business expressing an opinion on how people do x job", you should be prepared to address the glaring flaw in such logic: it precludes you from questioning anything at all, unless you have direct personal experience with it. In other words, it means that if such logic is accepted, the only opinions that are accepted on anything are those of people that have direct experience.

Since you speak of a degree, I would have expected that to be explained to you in Introduction to Logic.

So you just proved the first part of my post. And I guess that it was my fault for assuming that you guys were intelligent enough to pick that up.

So you just proved the first part of my post. And I guess that it was my fault for assuming that you guys were intelligent enough to pick that up.

I'm listening if you wish to explain how.

Seriously weegs? :no:

Man you are really digging yourself into a logical pit.

You don't have to be a criminal or crazy to to recognize criminal or insane behavior.

You don't have to be a criminal or crazy to to recognize criminal or insane behavior.

Timely, but still late, arrival Homer.

I think the case that police have stressful jobs that can lead to mistakes is obvious. Just search [police psychological problems].

It's also true that the nature of the job - exerting authority with lethal capacity - attracts people with personality problems. Search [police personality traits].

These problems are often manifested in their personal lives, such as spousal abuse. Search [police spousal abuse].

Bottom line, a lot of attention needs to be paid to hiring the sort of people who are psychologically adjusted to handle the job. And the ones who make good LEO's need to be compensated appropriately. Given the nature of the job (civil employees) this is often a challenge.

But the job is what it is. Stress or job demands should never be used as an excuse for inappropriate use of force. And we as a society have the responsibility to ensure that it isn't.

This sometimes requires us to distinguish an "honest" mistake from an action that is pathological and/or criminal in nature. Some of these incidents that are getting filmed clearly qualify as the latter. Making a "big deal" out of it is not "hating cops". Just the opposite. And it's our duty as citizens to make it a big deal.

Jeez, I've got a life. :gofig:

Jeez, I've got a life. :gofig:

You lie, like a cheap Persian rug.

I think the case that police have stressful jobs that can lead to mistakes is obvious. Just search [police psychological problems].

It's also true that the nature of the job - exerting authority with lethal capacity - attracts people with personality problems. Search [police personality traits].

These problems are often manifested in their personal lives, such as spousal abuse. Search [police spousal abuse].

Bottom line, a lot of attention needs to be paid to hiring the sort of people who are psychologically adjusted to handle the job. And the ones who make good LEO's need to be compensated appropriately. Given the nature of the job (civil employees) this is often a challenge.

But the job is what it is. Stress or job demands should never be used as an excuse for inappropriate use of force. And we as a society have the responsibility to ensure that it isn't.

This sometimes requires us to distinguish an "honest" mistake from an action that is pathologically and/or criminal in nature. Some of these incidents that are getting filmed clearly qualify as the latter. Making a "big deal" out of it is not "hating cops". Just the opposite. And it's our duty as citizens to make it a big deal.

Well stated Homes. :thumbsup:

Archived