Driving while black

TitanTiger

The one area where you guys and most people absolutely fail with these threads where you, having never left your homes and families wondering if today will be the day that some thug idiot with an agenda will take your family's breadwinner away, is that you forget that these men and women are HUMAN BEINGS, that have every bit the capacity to mess up, do things wrong, have a bad day and treat someone badly, say the wrong thing, pass judgment too quickly, and behave in a bad manner just like YOU do, and you want to come home from your mundane, safe little 9-5 office job in your khakis and buttondown, driving your little car, and want to act like you know better than these guys on how to do their job while you peck away on your Macbook?

JUST STOP POSTING THESE IDIOTIC THREADS VILIFYING THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ALLOW YOU TO LIVE YOUR SAFE LITTLE LIVES BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE STONES TO DO WHAT THEY DO.

You guys don't have a clue what it's like to do what they do.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, Courtier's reply.

My best friend is a Birmingham police officer in some of the worst parts of town, and you're talking out of your ass in an attempt to shut down the conversation.

Yep, Courtier's reply.

My best friend is a Birmingham police officer in some of the worst parts of town, and you're talking out of your ass in an attempt to shut down the conversation.

Oh, so you know someone so that means you have experience? Novel. You people are disgraceful.

Yep, Courtier's reply.

Oh, so you know someone so that means you have experience? Novel. You people are disgraceful.

I don't have to study haute couture to tell the emperor has no clothes, Weegs.

How many people in this thread are, or ever have been a cop? Serious question.

Regardless of the absurdity of the logic behind that question, I'll answer it anyway: I am not, have never been, and never will be a cop. However, I was raised by a Navy Master at Arms, which is a Navy cop. When I was born (1979), he was still heavily involved in drug interdiction while stationed in Key West. We left the country shortly thereafter, and he declined several opportunities to head up a civilian police drug task force upon his Navy retirement. I also have several acquaintances that are cops. Some I consider friends, some disgust me. A close friend is currently an assistant state DA (Georgia), that is currently setting up to run for a Superior Court seat. Do I get to continue to post my thoughts?

Since we are in the personal question mood, how many people in this thread have been harassed by the local constabulary on a consistent basis without doing anything wrong? How many have been arrested? How many have been wrongly arrested and held multiple days in jail without the ability to post bond?

The one area where you guys and most people absolutely fail with these threads where you, having never left your homes and families wondering if today will be the day that some thug idiot with an agenda will take your family's breadwinner away, is that you forget that these men and women are HUMAN BEINGS, that have every bit the capacity to mess up, do things wrong, have a bad day and treat someone badly, say the wrong thing, pass judgment too quickly, and behave in a bad manner just like YOU do, and you want to come home from your mundane, safe little 9-5 office job in your khakis and buttondown, driving your little car, and want to act like you know better than these guys on how to do their job while you peck away on your Macbook?

JUST STOP POSTING THESE IDIOTIC THREADS VILIFYING THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ALLOW YOU TO LIVE YOUR SAFE LITTLE LIVES BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE STONES TO DO WHAT THEY DO.

In other words, rather than deal with the holes in your logic, you just double down.

Since we are in the personal question mood, how many people in this thread have been harassed by the local constabulary on a consistent basis without doing anything wrong? How many have been arrested? How many have been wrongly arrested and held multiple days in jail without the ability to post bond?

boom

boom

*raises hand to all three*

And in case anyone thinks those things only happen to "idiot thugs", this is me:

268159_1456604390415_4179976_n.jpg?oh=155274dc06e0362522f6810a2af2a5f5&oe=5674384D

How many people in this thread are, or ever have been a cop? Serious question.

uggghh, my entire family.

It's kind of our thing, military then police. at least 3 generations for every sibling. dunno if it goes further back than that.

Well this has already been done a little but I could say what about the worry people have of their bread winners not returning home because of fear from the possibility of running into bad policeman. Or a mother? So many of y'all seem like you don't believe this imagine that everybody isn't lying what if sometimes it was true. These people are human beings as well. When I was in college I didn't think it was possible to drive four hours and not get pulled over. If I get hungry late at night I have to make a decision to wait in the morning because don't risk being pulled over and who knows what and look suspicious. The stuff sucks

And in case anyone thinks those things only happen to "idiot thugs", this is me:

I'd have arrested you too. What if there was a child sex slave tied up in that bass? ;)

Musician, thug, what's the difference. You dang young people with your loud rockin and rollin music. Its just a madder a time before all of you is locked up for smokin dope or somethin.

And stay the hell off my lawn!

I'd have arrested you too. What if there was a child sex slave tied up in that bass? ;)

That's the trusty Fender Mexi Jazz I've toured with for over a decade. If there's a child sex slave in there, she's as poorly grounded as those single-coil pickups.

Musician, thug, what's the difference. You dang young people with your loud rockin and rollin music. Its just a madder a time before all of you is locked up for smokin dope or somethin.

Some rockin and rollin just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2VVlS3HfKo

If you are white, driving a 17 year old camry with faded paint and a missing hubcap at 2:30am you get followed and pulled over occasionally too. Living proof. It is called stereotyping. We all do it.

But the officer cited none of those reasons. He said it was because of "prolonged eye contact."

then the driver said he didn't even see him so that was a lie. He looked suspicious bottom line. He was not arrested or killed. The cops gave me different reasons for stopping me, taglight, swerved. I didn't get mad or a ticket probably because i was cordial to him and he was to me. Didn't write a warning just recommended i fix tag light which i didn't. The second time i was stopped for swerving (i know i didn't swerve) this cop didn't even mention the taglight. Just checked my license for warrants i suppose and said drive safe. I didn't challenge him. I recently traded up from that 96 to an 06 Camry. For my work commuter car and don't get followed as much. My point is the taglight don't really matter, swerving is imaginary, can't be proven either way. I looked like a stoner late at night. When he saw my credentials i was sent on. I'm not crying about it.

You are suspiciously consistent in threads about race-based police abuse. There has to be a reason.

some people are honest some are not. I don't know why the man was stopped. I do know he was not even ticketed much less abused. Get over it. Police are constantly scrutinized for either doing too much or not enough. As long as i am not being physically or verbally abused or wrongfully fined i will take it. Unless cop is an a**hole i can't get upset over a stop that results with a warning. Black or white.

Sounds like you are OK with bullying behavior by cops. I think we can do better.

we absolutely need to do better. Asking LE to be less vigilant is not doing better. Asking them to be more respectful and less condescending is my wish. I have seen that too, and filed complaints.

Red herring. <_<

Some rockin and rollin just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2VVlS3HfKo

I heared Donald Trump say most of you musicians was murderers and rapist. That there noise wood make anybuddy voilant.

If you are white, driving a 17 year old camry with faded paint and a missing hubcap at 2:30am you get followed and pulled over occasionally too. Living proof. It is called stereotyping. We all do it.

But the officer cited none of those reasons. He said it was because of "prolonged eye contact."

then the driver said he didn't even see him so that was a lie. He looked suspicious bottom line. He was not arrested or killed. The cops gave me different reasons for stopping me, taglight, swerved. I didn't get mad or a ticket probably because i was cordial to him and he was to me. Didn't write a warning just recommended i fix tag light which i didn't. The second time i was stopped for swerving (i know i didn't swerve) this cop didn't even mention the taglight. Just checked my license for warrants i suppose and said drive safe. I didn't challenge him. I recently traded up from that 96 to an 06 Camry. For my work commuter car and don't get followed as much. My point is the taglight don't really matter, swerving is imaginary, can't be proven either way. I looked like a stoner late at night. When he saw my credentials i was sent on. I'm not crying about it.

You are suspiciously consistent in threads about race-based police abuse. There has to be a reason.

some people are honest some are not. I don't know why the man was stopped. I do know he was not even ticketed much less abused. Get over it. Police are constantly scrutinized for either doing too much or not enough. As long as i am not being physically or verbally abused or wrongfully fined i will take it. Unless cop is an a**hole i can't get upset over a stop that results with a warning. Black or white.

Sounds like you are OK with bullying behavior by cops. I think we can do better.

we absolutely need to do better. Asking LE to be less vigilant is not doing better. Asking them to be more respectful and less condescending is my wish. I have seen that too, and filed complaints.

Red herring. <_</>

not

Red herring. <_</>

not

Is that really the only alternative?

Has anyone even suggested it?

According to the video, there seems to be a lot of this going on in this city. Why? Is there a larger story?

LEO are at an all time high when it comes to a heightened sense of alert and stress because of what has been happening with the cop killings and violence. Who are the ones calling for violence against cops? You blame cops for being overly cautious and more inclined to pull over a certain race, but what you should be doing is telling these idiots who are calling for this violence and making it hard for the rest, to shut their mouths and stop this madness.

LEO are at an all time high when it comes to a heightened sense of alert and stress because of what has been happening with the cop killings and violence. Who are the ones calling for violence against cops? You blame cops for being overly cautious and more inclined to pull over a certain race, but what you should be doing is telling these idiots who are calling for this violence and making it hard for the rest, to shut their mouths and stop this madness.

The two are not related. If this guy had given any actual indication that he was up to violence, you might have a point. But pulling someone over for looking at you too long isn't from "being overly cautious" due to cop killings.

A police officer taking the risk of pulling a car over in the dark for this and risking being shot seems strange?

There may be other reasons he pulled the guy over that were not stated. Did he run the plates of the car? They also have automated systems that scan the plates of cars. The Virginia shooter was caught that way.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/2015/08/26/license-plate-readers-used-catch-va-shooter-made-greensboro/32455179/

http://cironline.org/reports/license-plate-readers-let-police-collect-millions-records-drivers-4883

Was he looking for someone that was associated someway with that car? What part of town was it? Time of night?

The two are not related. If this guy had given any actual indication that he was up to violence, you might have a point. But pulling someone over for looking at you too long isn't from "being overly cautious" due to cop killings.

They aren't related? If I pass you and stare at you in the eyes for an extended period of time without saying anything or nodding, or waving, you would not perceive that as somewhat hostile?

Lmao. Cops had a heightened alert because of cop killings....But tell people to shut up. Classic

You are an educated man, and that makes no sense to you? This whole movement started because of an overly aggressive male with a history of violent behavior not doing what a LEO told him to do. He told him to get out of the middle of the street. Instead of just saying yes sir and doing it, he acted aggressively.

Archived