2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can NOT miss on this guy! Especially to UAT or Smart

I agree with you. Ignont may be the best of a terrific group of LB's.

I ask this because I have no clue about his ability. But, if he's moving back to his original HS because he was going to play RB at IMG because they were loaded at LB, how can he be the best if he couldn't crack the starting lineup at IMG? Are the LB's they have just that good?

I ask this because I have no clue about his ability. But, if he's moving back to his original HS because he was going to play RB at IMG because they were loaded at LB, how can he be the best if he couldn't crack the starting lineup at IMG? Are the LB's they have just that good?

He might their best option at LB and at RB and they have a bigger need at RB. Not saying that is the case but I saw my son play a position in football last year and in Rugby this year that was not his best position but it was where the team needed him the most. The position he was best at in Rugby he was best on the team at but there were two other kids who were very good at that position. The position he played at he was also the best at but there no adequate players at that position. I am the assistant coach on the Rugby team and I helped make the decision to play him out of position. The position he is being recruited at in college Rugby is the position he did not play for us this year.

My point isn't necessarily that Ignont wasn't one of the top LB's at IMG it could have been coach trying to put best team on the field. Ignont wants to play LB so he moved back to his old school.

He might their best option at LB and at RB and they have a bigger need at RB. Not saying that is the case but I saw my son play a position in football last year and in Rugby this year that was not his best position but it was where the team needed him the most. The position he was best at in Rugby he was best on the team at but there were two other kids who were very good at that position. The position he played at he was also the best at but there no adequate players at that position. I am the assistant coach on the Rugby team and I helped make the decision to play him out of position. The position he is being recruited at in college Rugby is the position he did not play for us this year.

My point isn't necessarily that Ignont wasn't one of the top LB's at IMG it could have been coach trying to put best team on the field. Ignont wants to play LB so he moved back to his old school.

Any chance that leaving IMG was encouraged by a school (not naming names) that wanted better leverage in the recruiting process?

Any chance that leaving IMG was encouraged by a school (not naming names) that wanted better leverage in the recruiting process?

Not that I wouldn't put it past any school, but how would that help a school leverage wise?

Not that I wouldn't put it past any school, but how would that help a school leverage wise?

more access maybe? Equaling more face time.

Okay, but let's just say Auburn was encouraging him to come back to Buckhorn so they could have more access. Now Georgia and Alabama have more access too.

Okay, but let's just say Auburn was encouraging him to come back to Buckhorn so they could have more access. Now Georgia and Alabama have more access too.

True, but now UF has less access.

True, but now UF has less access.

Yeah, I guess I was just under the impression that this is an AU/UAT/UGA battle.

I was thinking more that they have a coach in their back pocket at that school, or maybe some boosters who play fast and loose with easy access to that school. I get the impression that IMG plays no favorites, but it's not unheard of at all for a kid to transfer to a city school that is "friendly" to a specific university when that university wants to keep an eye on them.

I was thinking more that they have a coach in their back pocket at that school, or maybe some boosters who play fast and loose with easy access to that school. I get the impression that IMG plays no favorites, but it's not unheard of at all for a kid to transfer to a city school that is "friendly" to a specific university when that university wants to keep an eye on them.

I understand what you are saying. I just see it more as, he didn't want to play RB at IMG, and would rather play at home with his buddies. The purpose for him playing at IMG was to better prepare him for he next level. He wasn't going to get the experience at the position he is being recruited at, so he is going back home.

It was was encouraged by a school, IMG. It was a mutual parting of ways Ignont & IMG were not happy.

It was was encouraged by a school, IMG. It was a mutual parting of ways Ignont & IMG were not happy.

Good to know... thanks E.

Okay. I just talked from my buddy who has a kid at IMG. The word is it was 100% IMG's decision for Ignot to leave. He said it was not mutual. There were two kids kicked out the same day. IMG has a very strict character code so in my opinion he screwed up. Hopefully he learned an accountability lesson there. One thing about that school, you have all the resources to succeed but you got to do your part.

Okay. I just talked from my buddy who has a kid at IMG. The word is it was 100% IMG's decision for Ignot to leave. He said it was not mutual. There were two kids kicked out the same day. IMG has a very strict character code so in my opinion he screwed up. Hopefully he learned an accountability lesson there. One thing about that school, you have all the resources to succeed but you got to do your part.

Interesting.

A place like IMG MUST adhere to a strict character policy or they will be blown out of the water in the media.

A place like IMG MUST adhere to a strict character policy or they will be blown out of the water in the media.

You would definitely think so. FWIW, I am not so sure everything is on the up and up with IMG anyway. Full disclaimer, I have no proof what-so-ever; just a feeling.

wde

IMG's football facilities are crazy good. They have better training facilities than many colleges. They plan on being in the football business for a long time.

I am not sure how to post images. They are available online though.

You would definitely think so. FWIW, I am not so sure everything is on the up and up with IMG anyway. Full disclaimer, I have no proof what-so-ever; just a feeling.

wde

What laws/rules do you think they are breaking?

wde

Would that not rather be suited for the IMG Discussion Thread?

wde

Again, I do not know. IMG just seems like an AAU/Basketball Prep school entity for football.

wde

Like I said seems like I'm the only person that has at least a peep hole view of the school and they didn't break any rules that I saw

The key with IMG is that they are going to have to stay on the up-and-up. They are in a prime scenario for a booster of a specific school to turn them into a football factory for that school. The scenario could very easily be arranged that a school targets a kid they think has extreme potential in his sophomore or junior years. Their booster pays for him to go to IMG with the agreement that he will go to their school. He also pays some of the staff at IMG to help make sure the kid commits, doesn't visit certain schools, etc.

It's probably not happening, now, but it easily could. Unfortunately, there is a lot of money to be made by people who don't care about the rules as long as they get paid.

The key with IMG is that they are going to have to stay on the up-and-up. They are in a prime scenario for a booster of a specific school to turn them into a football factory for that school. The scenario could very easily be arranged that a school targets a kid they think has extreme potential in his sophomore or junior years. Their booster pays for him to go to IMG with the agreement that he will go to their school. He also pays some of the staff at IMG to help make sure the kid commits, doesn't visit certain schools, etc.

It's probably not happening, now, but it easily could. Unfortunately, there is a lot of money to be made by people who don't care about the rules as long as they get paid.

uat..cough cough...

Yep. Any school in the SEC fits this profile other than maybe Vandy and Kentucky (football only for UK since UK works the system (cheats) with the best in basketball).

wde

Archived