***Auburn 21 LSU 45 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All is not lost. Louisville might be 0-3 but Jacksonville State is an impressive 2-1 after they trounced Tennessee State 48-13. Two hard fought wins to start the season and an expected loss in death valley, where Auburn hasn't won in 16 years. Maybe the pollsters will go easy on us.

All is not lost. Louisville might be 0-3 but Jacksonville State is an impressive 2-1 after they trounced Tennessee State 48-13. Two hard fought wins to start the season and an expected loss in death valley, where Auburn hasn't won in 16 years. Maybe the pollsters will go easy on us.

Easy on us? We won't even be an afterthought and rightfully so. Good thing for us Jax St is sooo impressive. :)

Gus changed the offense and put all his eggs in the "Jeremy throwing the ball basket" and now we are dead in the water on offense. His confidence is shot. And we owe Ellis Johnson an apology. The reason we had no defense is we had no players. There is going to have to be a heck of a coaching job done to right this ship.

He is going to have to get in line

Pretty much sums up Gus right now: Matthew Stevens @matthewcstevens

Malzahn said the discussion at halftime to make a QB switch "wasn't that long"

I'm not on the lets fire Gus Bus yet but it just shows how stubborn this man is.

What happen to Muschamp's in your face and yelling at his players when they screw up. Has he lost his touch?

We have two Coordinators and no coach. Thats is the problem. CWM might just leave on his own for another coordinator position end of this year. Hooked his wagon to wrong HC

Hard to fathom but Will could've simply went to LSU. Could you conceive that?

no

I turned to the SC GA game and at halftime they showed the highlights of our game. They were laughing at us and making fun of us. One of the guys said his six year old daughter could tackle better. Said she would know not to try to tackle Fournette in the shoulders ( referring to tray matthews attempt at a jump tackle)

This is Auburn Football... SMH

JMO but the problem with this team is our all time WR Duke Williams.....carry over of discipline problems from last season.....had all summer to get his act together and could not even make it to the first game without problems.

THAT'S the problem? A guy that doesn't even get the ball for 3 quarters and hasn't had an impact in the first 2 games is the problem? Not the atrocious blocking or horrible defense? You guys are ludicrous.

It's about to get VERY interesting around Auburn. I'll go ahead and make my observations and comments before things get out of hand around here. I know MANY will be calling for a new QB but if the end of the game wasn't evident enough as to what Gus's mindset will be going forward...let me clue you in on something. Unless we lose 2-3 straight games...Gus ain't pulling JJ! Those plays at the end of the game just bought JJ more time at QB.

Additionally, i'm sure Muschamp will be getting some serious heat as well. There is plenty of blame to go around with this team. However, I don't blame Will though. Will is working with what he has. He can't make plays. Guys not tackling and then basically just gave up. Will can only do so much. At some point those guys on defense have to be fed up and challenge guys. Will can't do that for them. It's sad that a program like Auburn has to put it's entire faith and defense in the hands of a DE and if he plays or not. I get he's a special player but that's not the history of Auburn defense..well it has been the last 10+ years but we can't depend on one player.

That was one of the worst displays of Auburn football i've ever seen. Gus has a TON of explaining to do!!!

Great post. But, CWM is on the hook regardless. D is pathetic, but at least it is better than the O. I have a feeling it will get real interesting when the Powers at AU tell CGM to bench JJ. If he doesnt, it is his last year. We have WRs and we have (so we heard, ha ha) that S. White is dead accurate. End of discussion. If CGM continues to play Khiel Fazier part II, he is gone and good riddance. The game is too big for JJ. I hope he transfers and make great plays in the arena league, but we have SEC football to play.

Never been so disgusted with a QB decision. Yep, It almost happened, but no I didn't turn the game off. However he did make me mute the sound roll over and take a nap. Can we please retire No. 6 due to the humiliation for whomever may follow? Yes, there's more lacking than QB but when one player becomes unbenchable, it sets a bad standard for of the rest of the team to uphold. It's a second and third chance, in games two or three, no way should he make it four.

Note to Gus: mental acuity is a necessary QB skill, please make sure the next guy can walk and chew gum at the same time, it's becoming a pattern.

JMO but the problem with this team is our all time WR Duke Williams.....carry over of discipline problems from last season.....had all summer to get his act together and could not even make it to the first game without problems.

THAT'S the problem? A guy that doesn't even get the ball for 3 quarters and hasn't had an impact in the first 2 games is the problem? Not the atrocious blocking or horrible defense? You guys are ludicrous.

Aside from his previous discipline problems, consider that he is running half-a**** routes, not blocking and yet has advanced to be the #1 WR. That should tell you something about how these coaches determine who will play. Just saying that he is the symptom of the problems...not the direct cause though it might be nice to see a bit more effort from him.

It's about to get VERY interesting around Auburn. I'll go ahead and make my observations and comments before things get out of hand around here. I know MANY will be calling for a new QB but if the end of the game wasn't evident enough as to what Gus's mindset will be going forward...let me clue you in on something. Unless we lose 2-3 straight games...Gus ain't pulling JJ! Those plays at the end of the game just bought JJ more time at QB.

Additionally, i'm sure Muschamp will be getting some serious heat as well. There is plenty of blame to go around with this team. However, I don't blame Will though. Will is working with what he has. He can't make plays. Guys not tackling and then basically just gave up. Will can only do so much. At some point those guys on defense have to be fed up and challenge guys. Will can't do that for them. It's sad that a program like Auburn has to put it's entire faith and defense in the hands of a DE and if he plays or not. I get he's a special player but that's not the history of Auburn defense..well it has been the last 10+ years but we can't depend on one player.

That was one of the worst displays of Auburn football i've ever seen. Gus has a TON of explaining to do!!!

Great post. But, CWM is on the hook regardless. D is pathetic, but at least it is better than the O. I have a feeling it will get real interesting when the Powers at AU tell CGM to bench JJ. If he doesnt, it is his last year. We have WRs and we have (so we heard, ha ha) that S. White is dead accurate. End of discussion. If CGM continues to play Khiel Fazier part II, he is gone and good riddance. The game is too big for JJ. I hope he transfers and make great plays in the arena league, but we have SEC football to play.

At this point i would like to see what Sean can do. I just don't see it happening with Gus unless we lose to Miss St. and struggle to win or even lose against SJSU and then go into the bye week. That's the only time i think he'd be willing to switch QBs. Or unless we're on course for another 3-9 season...then why not. I waited until this game to form a very solid opinion about our situation at: QB, Head coach and defense. It's not good. I just don't know what to say at this point.

Are you joking? Did you watch the games. We are not competitive. Don't look like they are excited to be out there. Auburn will be lucky to win 1 sec game. You can come back at end of season and say I was right.

Aren't coaches always telling players to be team players? Do what's best for team? Gus has to do the same and do what's best for Auburn and that's sit JJ. there's no reason to be loyal when a player can't do his job. I wish my boss was this loyal lol. Perform sucky at my job, but don't worry I am loyal and I am not going to fire you. So I will lose my whole company for you.

Aside from his previous discipline problems, consider that he is running half-a**** routes, not blocking and yet has advanced to be the #1 WR. That should tell you something about how these coaches determine who will play. Just saying that he is the symptom of the problems...not the direct cause though it might be nice to see a bit more effort from him.

Well if he's so bad and the coaches won't take him out, is that his problem or is that the coaches' problem? Do you have a problem with the coaches or do you have a problem with Duke?

Well if he's so bad and the coaches won't take him out, is that his problem or is that the coaches' problem? Do you have a problem with the coaches or do you have a problem with Duke?

Duke is Duke.....It's a coaching problem IMO....not much different than concerns about letting JJ stay in the game when it might be good for the team and for JJ to let someone else run the team for a series or two.

In two or three more weeks, we'll be talking about how Gus has lost his players. I think he's right on par with CGC.

Amazing how you show up so much when times are bad for AU then disappear when times are good. I'll take AU after a loss over updyke U after a win, any day!

Are there any JUCO QBs that have been kicked off a SEC east team ?

We already have a JUCO player that played QB last year on our team...Jason Smith?

We already have a JUCO QB on our team...Jason Smith?

Hmmmm...didn't realize that. Bench JJ...put him in, and go win a NC.

I just don't understand the O play calling. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a convoluted mess. No identity to rhythm no continuity. I think this is where the problem starts. I'm wondering if Gus has some kind of issue or something, I know he knows how to call a game but he's just totally recognizable at this point. I'm totally baffled. Why would he not play the RB he declared the starter more than he did. What did Peyton get 7 carries. What scares me is we have just as big a coaching problem as we do a talent shortfall.

We already have a JUCO player that played QB last year on our team...Jason Smith?

But has he been kicked off an SEC East team like the question asked? :)

Archived