Will we see JJ at QB vs. UK?

AURealist

@AUGoldMine: Auburn's Gus Malzahn on the off week: "We decided this week that ALL positions are open to competition."

Including QB!?

That's a smart statement to make public.

The press conference announcement of JJ's return writes itself:

"We decided last week that ALL positions are open to competition and JJ won his position back and will be the starting QB against UK."

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AUGoldMine: Auburn's Gus Malzahn on the off week: "We decided this week that ALL positions are open to competition."

Including QB!?

"We decided last week that ALL positions are open to competition and JJ won his position back and will be the starting QB against UK."

A learning experience: NEVER announce your starting quarterback 5 months before the first game of the season. In fact.....never announce the starter until you absolutely have to. JMO.

For everyone losing their marbles about JJ likely starting vs UK, let's talk about the reasoning and logic behind this, and other tidbits that I have gathered from people I know in the AD. First, if I am to believe many of the optimists around here, the season is still not a lost. And don't you think the coaches feel that way as well? I mean, Gus has made some bone-headed decisions with his play-calling, but I'm sure him and every other coach still believe they can turn this around, or at least they better, or they all deserve to get fired. So, that brings us to these last two games. From what I know, benching JJ was a short-term solution in the beginning, meaning SW was never considered really being a long-term starter. Gus wanted JJ to clear his head, and from what I'm told, JJ has worked his butt off since he's been benched and has been positive throughout this whole ordeal. If you haven't noticed, it's why we have been very simple on offense with SW, asking him to not lose instead of to win ball games for us. How many throws has SW thrown over 10-15 yards in those two games? I can only count a handful. Gus went really conservative, and wanted to see how JJ would respond. Which brings us to why JJ over SW makes more sense in the long run. Yes, I agree, SW hasn't been a total bust, far from it, but neither has he done anything to "win" the job, per say. The coaches know that we are limited with SW on offense, regarding big plays. However, JJ, IF, I mean a BIG IF, gets his head right, the coaches know that we can compete in every game this year. I know it appears I have criticized SW about his play, but I never said he was horrible, just thought he wasn't good enough right now to take our offense to the next level. And the coaches believe that JJ has the higher ceiling, by far, than SW, hence the reason why they benched him these last two games and have him come in for the UK game. By the way, who's to say that the players don't know this already?? My inside info and .2 cents, FWIW

Benching JJ as a short-term solution should have been pulling him for a series or two against JSU and or LSU. We did him no favors by keeping him in those games while he was struggling. SW is not a stop gap QB and we should open up the offense for him. This offense can be just as or even more dangerous with an accurate throwing QB as it can be with a zone run QB. White can clearly move the ball - take the handcuffs all the offense and let's play ball.

In the mean time we should continue to work with JJ as he is one play away from again being the starter. Coaches needed to start earning their keep. CGM is not earning the dollars he is being paid. While we are in the evaluation process and all positions are open I would hope our head coach would evaluate his performance.

Again, agree to disagree. I trust the info I have. I really don't get the way some of you guys view SW. If SW had shown glimpses of potential, I would be ecstatic. And don't give me, he's played just two games. If I remember correctly, JJ played 2 and a half games before this year, and he looked pretty good and showed glimpses of something special. I don't see any of that from SW. Again, I know JJ has struggled this year, which is an understatement. However, he has the most potential out of the two, bar none. Hence why the coaches haven't put their faith in SW. I think it makes perfect sense why they benched JJ these last two games. In the MSU game, if JJ made the interception instead of SW on the first drive, how much booing would you hear from OUR CROWD? Putting SW allowed people to forgive the mistakes SW made. The coaches are really wanting JJ to regain his confidence back. And the hatred that he has received from our fans, I don't blame them for not letting him QB at home. Yes, SW had a limited playbook, but from what I"ve been told, it's because the coaches are not sold on SW. So, again, you go back on who do you think has more potential? The coaches want to win. They know they can't lose these next two SEC games, as well as they have to be competitive against the big boys. IF JJ has his head straight, he can give us that. SW is limited, sorry, it's true. Again, I'm not apologizing for what JJ has done this fall thus far, but I'm no fool either. I see, as the coaches do, what he can do IF he corrects his mistakes. I don't get the SW love at all. He plays hard and is confident. OK, so do a few other guys on our team, but no one talks about them as much as you guys foam all over SW. I don't care about who the player is, I look at if that guy can make plays. And obviously the coaches think that way as well. I just want Auburn to turn it around. If it's so clear that SW is the best QB, why not name him the starter tonight? Again, IF JJ continues improving, like he has done these past two weeks, he will be starting against Kentucky. I am assuming there will be a meltdown. If he doesn't do well at first, then yea, they'll put SW in. It is what it is though....

Including QB!?

Well, the stage has been set, the best practice player with most potential will start against UK. AURealist, are you writing the press release? It needs a little more explantion regarding JJ doing everything he was asked to do with a great attitude.

So just so I'm straight on this...either we play JJ and potentially have a more open playbook but greater chance of interceptions that could keep us from winning or we play SW with less chance of interceptions but a more limited playbook that still keeps us from winning? Is there a third option?

Including QB!?

Well, the stage has been set, the best practice player with most potential will start against UK. AURealist, are you writing the press release? It needs a little more explanation regarding JJ doing everything he was asked to do with a great attitude.

Actually, no. But I'm sure Gus' usual writers will prepare something nice.

Life's highway is crowded with people that have potential. The ones that succeed are the ones that perform and are confident in their abilities. It will be interesting to see how the UK games unfolds.

Again, agree to disagree. I trust the info I have. I really don't get the way some of you guys view SW. If SW had shown glimpses of potential, I would be ecstatic. And don't give me, he's played just two games. If I remember correctly, JJ played 2 and a half games before this year, and he looked pretty good and showed glimpses of something special. I don't see any of that from SW. Again, I know JJ has struggled this year, which is an understatement. However, he has the most potential out of the two, bar none. Hence why the coaches haven't put their faith in SW. I think it makes perfect sense why they benched JJ these last two games. In the MSU game, if JJ made the interception instead of SW on the first drive, how much booing would you hear from OUR CROWD? Putting SW allowed people to forgive the mistakes SW made. The coaches are really wanting JJ to regain his confidence back. And the hatred that he has received from our fans, I don't blame them for not letting him QB at home. Yes, SW had a limited playbook, but from what I"ve been told, it's because the coaches are not sold on SW. So, again, you go back on who do you think has more potential? The coaches want to win. They know they can't lose these next two SEC games, as well as they have to be competitive against the big boys. IF JJ has his head straight, he can give us that. SW is limited, sorry, it's true. Again, I'm not apologizing for what JJ has done this fall thus far, but I'm no fool either. I see, as the coaches do, what he can do IF he corrects his mistakes. I don't get the SW love at all. He plays hard and is confident. OK, so do a few other guys on our team, but no one talks about them as much as you guys foam all over SW. I don't care about who the player is, I look at if that guy can make plays. And obviously the coaches think that way as well. I just want Auburn to turn it around. If it's so clear that SW is the best QB, why not name him the starter tonight? Again, IF JJ continues improving, like he has done these past two weeks, he will be starting against Kentucky. I am assuming there will be a meltdown. If he doesn't do well at first, then yea, they'll put SW in. It is what it is though....

I really don't get the way some of you guys view SW: I view him as a redshirt freshman who hasn't thrown 4 interceptions in 2 games.

If SW had shown glimpses of potential, I would be ecstatic: Statistically he's been better than Jeremy Johnson. http://espn.go.com/c...am/stats/_/id/2 Sixty-three percent of Jeremy's yards in 53 percent of the pass attempts. More yards/attempt as well, higher rating, less interceptions (oh, I get they're very close...i mean 1 YPA more...big whoop, right? But if beating the guy you replaced in almost every facet of the game except TDs, which you stated is because he has a limited playbook, doesn't show potential, then I don't know what does. Methinks, a personal bias on your end is present here)

However, he has the most potential out of the two, bar none: This is casually being thrown out there around the board. How do we know? Jeremy looked awesome against Arkansas in 2014? He's built more like a Gus QB? That being said, all the potential in the world won't bring you championships. You have to show it. A 2 ton rock technically has more potential stored up than I do, but I put odds on me in a 40-yd dash.

if JJ made the interception instead of SW on the first drive, how much booing would you hear from OUR CROWD: A bunch. Because we've seen it a lot this year. It was an anomaly at the time for Sean, and after 120 minutes of game time played for him, it still is

And the hatred that he has received from our fan: Haven't seen much "hatred" but then again, I'm not sure your perception of it. I've seen a bunch of frustrated people with all positions on the field. QB is in the limelight a lot more, so proportionally, I would say the QB always receives the most frustration when there are offensive woes. I like Jeremy. From all accounts, he's a hard worker, team player, great in practice...but so are possibly 63 other guys on this team that lay it on the line every day at practice and don't reap the rewards of a gameday down.

the coaches are not sold on SW: Are they sold on the alternative?

who do you think has more potential: I'd rather answer go with who appears to pass the eye test on the field, and I got to give that edge to Sean White

They know they can't lose these next two SEC games, as well as they have to be competitive against the big boys: They've lost the first two. What's stopping them from losing the next 2?

IF JJ has his head straight: Placing these next two games that we "can't lose" on the mental stability of someone who has proven shaky at best. Worked out well for Kiehl Frazier (no knock on Kiehl, I was his biggest proponent on these boards in 2012. He just lacked what 99.999 percent of people lack: the ability to hack it in the SEC as a QB. No shame at all there, I applaud the efforts he gave the team while he was here)

foam all over SW: Again, please direct me to a post or link where this has happened. The kid's been a game manager so far at best. I'm not sure he's capable of winning us games with his arm even. But he generally recognizes linebackers are adversarial to his goals as a QB

I don't care about who the player is, I look at if that guy can make plays: And you have concluded that Jeremy Johnson is more of a playmaker than Sean White is? Based on?

And obviously the coaches think that way as well: I may be dense, but this isn't obvious to me at all. So the coaches benched a guy who can make plays for a redshirt freshman? And now that the RS freshman held his own/arguably outperformed the original guy, the coaches are benching another guy who can make plays for the original guy who could make plays? Makes sense...

If it's so clear that SW is the best QB, why not name him the starter tonight: Insert JJ for Sean White. Still would not be an answer to this question. Which again is what makes the switch puzzling.

I am assuming there will be a meltdown: I mean, I'm gonna be honest here. If a linebacker in a Kentucky jersey has more targets than our leading receiver, then yes I probably will have a meltdown. Especially since this time around we seem to be trading a used Pinto for a Lamborghini in the QB spot.

All in all, I don't care who starts, but there will come a time when this "potential" charade has to stop and JJ is going to have to put all his chips on the table in a game environment. I hope like hell he can do it, I really do. Last I checked, on Sunday in the paper Sean White or JJ aren't listed in the SEC standings. AUBURN is. And every week we keep this "evaluating" going on in the QB position is another week we potentially hamstring ourself in that position going into Spring Practice and next season. Make a decision Gus. Make it final. Make it now. Just win, baby.

EDIT: Also, Auburnguy101, not attacking you or your source here at all. I believe every bit of it. I just don't buy all this stuff we're getting fed. Personally, I think the shorthand reason why, if this switch is made, Jeremy will get the job back isn't stats or good practices, but simply because...he's Gus's guy.

The question is who will start the game not who will finish the game. JJ did not play well in any of the games he played in. Looked a little better in 2nf half against LSU when they had their subs in and no pressure. SW played like the old style Bama QB's he managed the games but did nothing spectacular. Based on that SW starts the game as long as he is not hurting us he plays the whole game. Now we get to also find out who wants to be a receiver. Last year Sammie's ability to open up the field helped NM and Williams. With Sammie gone and now Williams it is time the others stepped up. RL Gimpy has been our best receiver hopefully the two weeks will allow him to get healthy. Smith, Truitt and others have to get open and catch any ball that touches both hands whether a great throw or not. Without receivers helping their QB it doesn't matter who is QB then we have to hope we can win by running alone and that is tough if not impossible in the SEC especially if receivers don't block downfield to help the running game.

Not sure where this rumor started, but they played starters until well into the 4th quarter. Most of the second half was against starters.

I have a hunch we see JJ start vs UK.

Would not surprise me a bit...I think SW is just holding the fort until the coaches get JJ back on track. Gus is not likely to give up on the anointed one after only three games.....no matter what we saw. It's an "away" game and no crowd to react when he trots onto the field with our first offensive opportunity. A good time to give him another try. JMO....more like 70:30...

We need to pray a lot

And drink a lot

and do a little dance, get down tonight.

Bottom line ... this is a cluster f...!

If you're going to play SW then you've got to let him play his game and be creative in the play calling.

So did AU concede the Miss St game or am I confused?

I really don't get the way some of you guys view SW: I view him as a redshirt freshman who hasn't thrown 4 interceptions in 2 games.

If SW had shown glimpses of potential, I would be ecstatic: Statistically he's been better than Jeremy Johnson. http://espn.go.com/c...am/stats/_/id/2 Sixty-three percent of Jeremy's yards in 53 percent of the pass attempts. More yards/attempt as well, higher rating, less interceptions (oh, I get they're very close...i mean 1 YPA more...big whoop, right? But if beating the guy you replaced in almost every facet of the game except TDs, which you stated is because he has a limited playbook, doesn't show potential, then I don't know what does. Methinks, a personal bias on your end is present here)

However, he has the most potential out of the two, bar none: This is casually being thrown out there around the board. How do we know? Jeremy looked awesome against Arkansas in 2014? He's built more like a Gus QB? That being said, all the potential in the world won't bring you championships. You have to show it. A 2 ton rock technically has more potential stored up than I do, but I put odds on me in a 40-yd dash.

if JJ made the interception instead of SW on the first drive, how much booing would you hear from OUR CROWD: A bunch. Because we've seen it a lot this year. It was an anomaly at the time for Sean, and after 120 minutes of game time played for him, it still is

And the hatred that he has received from our fan: Haven't seen much "hatred" but then again, I'm not sure your perception of it. I've seen a bunch of frustrated people with all positions on the field. QB is in the limelight a lot more, so proportionally, I would say the QB always receives the most frustration when there are offensive woes. I like Jeremy. From all accounts, he's a hard worker, team player, great in practice...but so are possibly 63 other guys on this team that lay it on the line every day at practice and don't reap the rewards of a gameday down.

the coaches are not sold on SW: Are they sold on the alternative?

who do you think has more potential: I'd rather answer go with who appears to pass the eye test on the field, and I got to give that edge to Sean White

They know they can't lose these next two SEC games, as well as they have to be competitive against the big boys: They've lost the first two. What's stopping them from losing the next 2?

IF JJ has his head straight: Placing these next two games that we "can't lose" on the mental stability of someone who has proven shaky at best. Worked out well for Kiehl Frazier (no knock on Kiehl, I was his biggest proponent on these boards in 2012. He just lacked what 99.999 percent of people lack: the ability to hack it in the SEC as a QB. No shame at all there, I applaud the efforts he gave the team while he was here)

foam all over SW: Again, please direct me to a post or link where this has happened. The kid's been a game manager so far at best. I'm not sure he's capable of winning us games with his arm even. But he generally recognizes linebackers are adversarial to his goals as a QB

I don't care about who the player is, I look at if that guy can make plays: And you have concluded that Jeremy Johnson is more of a playmaker than Sean White is? Based on?

And obviously the coaches think that way as well: I may be dense, but this isn't obvious to me at all. So the coaches benched a guy who can make plays for a redshirt freshman? And now that the RS freshman held his own/arguably outperformed the original guy, the coaches are benching another guy who can make plays for the original guy who could make plays? Makes sense...

If it's so clear that SW is the best QB, why not name him the starter tonight: Insert JJ for Sean White. Still would not be an answer to this question. Which again is what makes the switch puzzling.

I am assuming there will be a meltdown: I mean, I'm gonna be honest here. If a linebacker in a Kentucky jersey has more targets than our leading receiver, then yes I probably will have a meltdown. Especially since this time around we seem to be trading a used Pinto for a Lamborghini in the QB spot.

All in all, I don't care who starts, but there will come a time when this "potential" charade has to stop and JJ is going to have to put all his chips on the table in a game environment. I hope like hell he can do it, I really do. Last I checked, on Sunday in the paper Sean White or JJ aren't listed in the SEC standings. AUBURN is. And every week we keep this "evaluating" going on in the QB position is another week we potentially hamstring ourself in that position going into Spring Practice and next season. Make a decision Gus. Make it final. Make it now. Just win, baby.

Wow, really impressed you broke everything down, a lot of time on your hands, huh? I am not going to get into as much detail as that, because I feel like I've been having a back and forth conversation about a topic I know that will keep going in circles. As I have stated since the beginning, and in other threads, me personally, I would like to see what Jason Smith could do, but that's not happening. So, you now have two QBs. I have nothing against SW, but I just don't see anything that screams he's good. And as much as you claim about me assuming that JJ will be better and correct his mistakes, you are assuming that he can't. JJ's mistakes are mental. He almost reminds me of Jason Campbell when he first started. We knew Campbell had all of the tools, but he just wasn't mentally there. You saw glimpses of brilliance from him, but never put it fully together until his senior year. JJ is the same way. He has the tools and the physical attributes to be an amazing QB, and he has shown glimpses of what could be special. There isn't a physicality issue with JJ, it's all mental. And, apparently you haven't comprehend what I've been saying, but IF JJ corrects his mental mistakes, then yes, our offense can be dangerous again. With SW, if you are actually going to try and compare the physical attributes of him and JJ, I don't know what to say. I am standing by the info I was given. I am sorry it doesn't match with what you want to hear, so you dissected everything I said in making you want to believe that SW is the better choice. This is getting old. I want Auburn to win as much as anyone here. I'm not a big rah rah guy when it comes to players or coaches. I just want to see the best players on the field that will help Auburn win. I believe the coaches do too. I have said all along, and agree, if JJ continues to make the same mistakes, yes SW is the better choice. Sometimes it takes a player to be benched to clear their heads. As I have said, the people I know have said JJ has been a workhorse on the field, trying to regain trust in everyone. And yes, I kind of like that coaches are giving him another chance, as would I. Because see, IF that potentially amazing QB shows off his talents, then this season can be salvaged. As long as that potential works on his mental mistakes, and shows me that he has learned from them, then yes, I take potential over safe any day of the week. And I dare wouldn't just give up on them after 3 games. Hell, if you're going to do that, might as well give up on 4/5 of this team, because last time I checked, I saw a lot of bad plays in these last 5 games from the same players, but not much is being said about them. Alas, I am going to stick with my info, and as I keep saying, we'll agree to disagree.

There is nothing more in this world that I would like to see than JJ come in at the Kentucky game and lit it up. He's got all the tools to be one of the best QBs we have had at Auburn. Let's see if he's got his head on straight.

Very plausible that Gus felt it would be best to let SW play the last two home games in part because of crowd reaction. AU fans can be harsh. I remember being a student and the fans booing Nix because they wanted Craig in the game. They would have probably booed JJ coming out on the field. That would have done the kid NO good to have lost fan support in such a vocal way.

As far as MSU, other than extremely BAD playcalling in the red zone, we did very well. Just couldn't put it in, but Gus is to blame for that IMO. Defense stood up and held MSU and kept the game within reach. When is the last time we've put the game on our D's back to win? I feel that is what we did during that game, the offense just fell short due to ultra conservative playcalling. If we had scored TDs instead of field goals, we would have easily won that game. RZ playcalling was an issue last year, Gus needs to take the reigns back from Lashlee.

We can't be ultra conservative all year, or we will lose many, many more games. SW so far has been serviceable but that kid is going to get himself killed, he HAS to learn to slide or something and not take those big hits. He could have been hurt against SJS, against SEC defenses like Bama, UGA, Ole Miss...he's going to get himself killed. He's just NOT ready to hit the big stage yet. I'm a girl and I see that....don't you think the coaches see that?

Sitting on the bench and watching the other guy do your job can be the best thing for a player. Let's hope this is the case for Jeremy.

Including QB!?

ALL positions should be open every week IMO.

I take it that you are not worried about hurting some kid's feelings when he learns that he will not be starting as he expected? :)/>

You would be right.The only way to have a good team, is to have the best players on the field.The players should know who is performing the best and if they really want to win should not have problem with the best players being on the field.

Including QB!?

ALL positions should be open every week IMO.

I take it that you are not worried about hurting some kid's feelings when he learns that he will not be starting as he expected? :)/>

You would be right.The only way to have a good team, is to have the best players on the field.The players should know who is performing the best and if they really want to win should not have problem with the best players being on the field.

I am not sure how you could open up ALL offensive positions every week and still get quality reps but I guess its the thought that counts

I think we get it. Jeremy Johnson brings tools, physical attributes and potential to the table. Of course, tools and physical attributes are largely the same thing and they seem to be the single largest measure of his potential. The only problem is that he hasn't shown he can apply them any better than the tool-less, low-potential little person who has replaced is filling in for him.

I understand the staff's desire to get him back in the game. They went 'all in' on him a couple of years ago, trotted him out and talked him up and then he was a bust out of the gate. But the big build up and bust also calls into question the staff's ability to recognize and nurture talent, so there's that extra incentive to get JJ back out on the field and kicking butt.

The implication that without JJ living up to his potential, the coaching staff believes Auburn's offense is sunk and this season cannot be salvaged? That just sucks.

I'm now hoping more than ever that JJ can pull it together and plays lights out vs. UK. If anything, it will put an end to my stupid mental picture of JJ as the QB version of Michigan J. Frog.

Have no ideal which QB but we will find out what kind of coach Gus when we play UK. This is a huge game for Gus it can go south on us in a big way and in a hurry. The other SEC teams/coaches are having a feeding frenzy on us right now.

On a good note we aren't Texas thank goodness.

Or Ar-Kansas

Have no ideal which QB but we will find out what kind of coach Gus when we play UK. This is a huge game for Gus it can go south on us in a big way and in a hurry. The other SEC teams/coaches are having a feeding frenzy on us right now.

On a good note we aren't Texas thank goodness.

Or Ar-Kansas

We'll find out about that.

QB is a unique position some guys Like Cam and Nick do great because of physical skills some guys like Drew Breeze do great despite great physical skills. NM had great physical skills but he could also run the zone read properly and take advantage of his physical skills. Cam was big and strong and fast but he also had the ability to read defenses and run when required throw when required. You add the ability to read defenses and the physical skills and they were great QB's. Drew Breeze extremely accurate passer with average arm strength not very big and not a running threat but a great feel for the game. An ability to feel blind side rushers and just avoid them enough to throw a pass to the area where the blitzing linebacker or corner just vacated hitting the runner in stride where they can gain a lot more yardage.

All three of these QB's have one thing in common the ability to see and feel defenses and then use their strength to take advantage of the D. What I am trying to say is we can measure arm strength, size speed, Quickness, Mobility but only during a game can you determine if a QB has "IT". "IT" is the ability to make plays.

So far neither JJ or SW have shown "IT" maybe a light will come on for JJ as some posters have mentioned Campbell it took him a while to find "IT" so there is hope for JJ. SW has been so limited in what plays have been called he really hasn't been given the opportunity to show if he has "IT" With 4 weeks under his belt hopefully SW will be given the chance to prove or disprove if he has "IT" at this point in his career. Like Campbell SW could also take a while to find "IT".

So who here feels that DW may have been a big factor in JJs struggles (being they were roommates) and that this news of DW being no longer enrolled (meaning no longer JJs roommate) could give JJ the relief he needed to become the old JJ? I don't think he should start, because I believe that puts the pressure right back on him...and I'm not sold on him being a better overall option than SW, but the DW situation has brought me to wonder how JJ would do coming off the bench to run a few series (off the bench gives no time for nerves) now that it's possible his bad influence and attitude inhibitor may be gone. Unless SW is lighting it up against KY (which is possible), I do think it would be appropriate to give JJ a series or 2 if possible. His struggles just got a lot more interesting with the DW confirmation and the fact that they were roommates. I'll get my popcorn ready...

So who here feels that DW may have been a big factor in JJs struggles (being they were roommates) and that this news of DW being no longer enrolled (meaning no longer JJs roommate) could give JJ the relief he needed to become the old JJ? I don't think he should start, because I believe that puts the pressure right back on him...and I'm not sold on him being a better overall option than SW, but the DW situation has brought me to wonder how JJ would do coming off the bench to run a few series (off the bench gives no time for nerves) now that it's possible his bad influence and attitude inhibitor may be gone. Unless SW is lighting it up against KY (which is possible), I do think it would be appropriate to give JJ a series or 2 if possible. His struggles just got a lot more interesting with the DW confirmation and the fact that they were roommates. I'll get my popcorn ready...

We don't know what their relationship was like, so there's no telling what effect Duke's leaving will have on him. In the long run, though, it would probably be good to have him room with someone with a better attitude.

There's at least one person here who is convinced JJ is going to start against UK. Like you, I'd be more inclined to let him play only if SW is getting bombed or we're up by 17.

It wouldn't make me feel very good knowing that the leader of the team, a guy who had been holding the keys to the castle from the moment the clock hit zero in our bowl game, could be so completely shaken by a WR with a bad attitude.

If Johnson rebounds, I'm going to hope that his problems had very little to do with Williams.

Archived