Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

-Rumors of fighting

-Suspended bowl game(rumors of fighting)

-Offseason trouble(rumors of fighting)

-Dogging all season

-Dropped passes

-Terrible routes and blocking

-Fighting

This has been a long time coming. He was a cancer on the team, and it's good that he's gone.

Hell, Myron Burton may have even left the team because of how many chances Duke got.

I hate that our coaches don't have the balls to cut this s*** out early. It's playing out exactly like it did at the end of Chizik's tenure.

If this is true, it's really sad. I thought someone threw this out there in the 'MB leaves team' thread and it was debunked. Just going from memory.

Yep. That was me. SMH! We need Burton back on the team.

Back to D'haquille... Wish him the best and hope he will learn his lesson.

I remember you started the thread saying we needed MB back (after SW was named starter for the week). The thhread here makes for interesting reading at this point. There was speculation when MB left that it had a lot to do with special treatment for Duke. It's just sad, if true.

It is sad but it is also a lesson in quitting. If MB doesn't quite, he is probably a starter Thur (week) evening. Gus and DC probably gave Duke too many chances, but the quitting is on MB, just like the constant on and off field fighting is on Duke.

I agree with that, probably to a fault. Sometimes it's actually better to know when to say when.

Thanks Britt, was hopping I didn't piss ya off. :)

You don't have to hop, 24.

;)

Auto correct.... I kid. :)

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

carl lawson ‏@carllawson14 2m2 minutes ago

Pray that you are able to learn from it and make a new path for yourself.

Carl Lawson was mature beyond his age as a freshman. He continues to be. What a solid person.

carl lawson ‏@carllawson14 2m2 minutes ago

Pray that you are able to learn from it and make a new path for yourself.

Carl Lawson was mature beyond his age as a freshman. He continues to be. What a solid person.

It is a shame Duke doesn't have Carl's or J Wall's maturity and personal responsibility. If he did, he could have been one of the greatest.

I wish the guy the best of luck in his future endeavors. The guy had great potential but if someone who is a senior and supposed to be a leader on this team is setting a bad example for the rest of the team with his lack of effort and off the field behavior then he should be asked to leave. No one is bigger than the team and all should be held to the same standard even coaches. If you don't lay down the law your players will lose respect for you and you will potentially lose the team. Look at what happened to Myer at UF. I had high hopes for Duke and I do hope he gets it together to get to the next level. With his dismissal it just means the next player in line needs to step it up and has the opportunity to show his skills off.

Everything's not Gucci!!! Gus showed Duke the Dior. I'm Prada Gus for doing what he had to do, making Duke turn his Cardin. If Duke was our man, we gotta change the Chanel, bc Armani's gone now. I heard that when Gus gave him the news, Duke felt queasy and had to Ralph Lauren.

I'd like to say you made an Anne Vallerie Hash out of that, but you showed youself to be a real Ann Demeulemeester of the form. Even so, many will call for the powers that be to Boris Banovic you. I wouldn't suggest you repeat anything like this -- could Lacoste you your posting privileges.

Thanks for appreciating some cheese sprinkled into this thread. I don't get all the flamers on here.

I'm saying this as a former classmate, not a fan... but that guy sucked. One of the most arrogant people I've ever known. I'm enjoying his downfall. Now someone who cares about the team and not just themselves will take his place.

Duke's just a "byproduct" of his upbringing. When you choose a school that is out of state because your family thinks you'll be murdered if you don't, it takes more than 1 1/2 years to escape those demons. AU took a chance on the kid and it didn't work out. The NFL doesn't care about his personal demons, so if he can find the motivation, he'll be fine.

Wow. I can't believe the people saying yes and are happy about this....man

I'm happy that CGM had the cahunas? to make this move. From everything I've heard over the past year it is a legit move. Could be like jumbo Fisher and overlook his crimes because his talent?!?

Everything's not Gucci!!! Gus showed Duke the Dior. I'm Prada Gus for doing what he had to do, making Duke turn his Cardin. If Duke was our man, we gotta change the Chanel, bc Armani's gone now. I heard that when Gus gave him the news, Duke felt queasy and had to Ralph Lauren.

I'd like to say you made an Anne Vallerie Hash out of that, but you showed youself to be a real Ann Demeulemeester of the form. Even so, many will call for the powers that be to Boris Banovic you. I wouldn't suggest you repeat anything like this -- could Lacoste you your posting privileges.

Thanks for appreciating some cheese sprinkled into this thread. I don't get all the flamers on here.

People are just irritable.

I'm finding myself grateful for 2012. I'm much better prepared for this tailspin.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just think, this time next year we will be 5-0 and ready to compete for a national title. If we want to bet on history repeating itself. Just gotta make it over this hump.

I'm finding myself grateful for 2012. I'm much better prepared for this tailspin.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just think, this time next year we will be 5-0 and ready to compete for a national title. If we want to bet on history repeating itself. Just gotta make it over this hump.

:bow:

Two thoughts, if duke did get into a bar fight... Why was he even allowed in a bar? Gus should have made bars off limits, (for duke only) bars in town should have dukes picture at the front door as not eligible to enter. Hell he should have been sleeping on cdc's couch until season was over. Second ... If Burton quit because of duke he has some growing up to do too.

Why do some of you say that Duke was a cancer on the team? I'm in the dark about this matter.

It's a combination of things....I'm just glad it's over and we can move on. I hate it for the kid but we have to move forward.

I apologize for my emotional tone last night about all this....I've seen too much of it and I'm moving on from it as well. War Eagle!

Two thoughts, if duke did get into a bar fight... Why was he even allowed in a bar? Gus should have made bars off limits, (for duke only) bars in town should have dukes picture at the front door as not eligible to enter. Hell he should have been sleeping on cdc's couch until season was over. Second ... If Burton quit because of duke he has some growing up to do too.

You make a good point and how do we know that Gus didn't make bars off limits for Duke and is what escalated the problem and was a factor in leading to his dismissal?

You make a good point and how do we know that Gus didn't make bars off limits for Duke and is what escalated the problem and was a factor in leading to his dismissal?

Yeah, Gus can make bars off limits all he wants. He can make weed off limits, he can make unprotected sex off limits, he can make Spongebob tweets off limits... and none of it has any bearing whatsoever on whether or not players will actually do or not do these things.

(By the way, most of them are smoking weed. Even the good kids.)

Yeah, Gus can make bars off limits all he wants. He can make weed off limits, he can make unprotected sex off limits, he can make Spongebob tweets off limits... and none of it has any bearing whatsoever on whether or not players will actually do or not do these things.

That Spongebob stuff has got to go! Ruinin' 'Murica and Auburn Football!

:angry:

I'm happy that CGM had the cahunas? to make this move. From everything I've heard over the past year it is a legit move. Could be like jumbo Fisher and overlook his crimes because his talent?!?

I wasn't saying he shouldn't be off the team although I don't know what exactly happened. But the yes he's off as if some didn't want him on the team is sort of messed up imo.

Btw I don't see how people were so disgruntled with his past when so much is speculation. I will admit I don't get too upset with the fight stuff because who knows what caused it. But I think it's stupid to be in that atmosphere. But I guess in the same breath you can say are athletes not supposed to be able to enjoy that environment like so many college students? I didn't go to bars and clubs in college so I don't know all the dynamics. Went to several house parties I was invited to say that's what I'm using as a barometer

MCLOOFUS ALL AUBURN PLAYERS ARE ANGELS HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT??mm???m

Well, they were until Britt came in spreading the gospel of Spongebob. Now they're all doing the marijuana, hanging out with their good time pals, making time with fast women...

MCLOOFUS ALL AUBURN PLAYERS ARE ANGELS HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT??mm???m

Well, they were until Britt came in spreading the gospel of Spongebob. Now they're all doing the marijuana, hanging out with their good time pals, making time with fast women...

patrick_sponge_bob_squarepants.jpg

I wasn't saying he shouldn't be off the team although I don't know what exactly happened. But the yes he's off as if some didn't want him on the team is sort of messed up imo.

Btw I don't see how people were so disgruntled with his past when so much is speculation. I will admit I don't get too upset with the fight stuff because who knows what caused it. But I think it's stupid to be in that atmosphere. But I guess in the same breath you can say are athletes not supposed to be able to enjoy that environment like so many college students? I didn't go to bars and clubs in college so I don't know all the dynamics. Went to several house parties I was invited to say that's what I'm using as a barometer

I think after a while people just get sick of players constantly bringing the drama. He was suspended twice before. I've heard there have been other incidents that lesser players could have been benched for at least.

Duke, as good as he is, for all the potential he has reminds me of that saying: "No matter how hot a girl is, some guy somewhere is sick of her s***." That's Duke for me (and Auburn now). I'm just sick of his s***.

I was his biggest fan after last year and going into this season, but by the middle of the MSU game, it was clear to me from what I saw him do in games that he had quit on this team. For that reason, I am glad he's no longer on the roster. But that's kind of the theme of the season for me. I was glad when Sean White was named the starter over Jeremy Johnson. I'm glad that Jovon Robinson isn't playing after he disrespected his head coach on the sideline during a game. Would I rather Duke have given even 75% effort, Jeremy would not have had a mental breakdown and Jovon Robinson still be out there trucking LBs? Of course, but I can wish in one hand and **** in the other and we'd see which one filled up first.

We are Bizarro Auburn. Everything is wrong and upside down. Good Duke left the building quite some time ago, and now it's time for Bad Duke to go find him. May they meet each other again on an NFL roster again someday.

i get it. i think anyone who fights that much has problems that i cant comprehend.

Archived