Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

Next man up!

Melvin Ray will make the most of this.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Duke gets his life turned around. I am hopeful too that he can turn it around in time to have a nice pro career. That said, it doesn't seem too hard not to fight other people. All the things we talk about on these forums: Pride, accountability, character...they count more than receiving yards and touchdowns. Just my opinion.

Are we better with a good Duke? Absolutely.

Is this on Duke? Absolutely.

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

Remind me again- what's that ignore feature and how does it work?

You just hit 'ignore' and hope nobody quotes that person.

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

You click on your own profile, top right of the page, then click on 'Manage Ignore Preferences' and add a user.

Got it and added número uno. I take back everything bad I've ever say about you..behind your back obviously. Thanks though big guy.

"Big guy"- I thought Britt was a girl for the longest time (not recently) based on the screen name… lol. Sorry for the off topic, that just brought back that old memory. Ha

Duke was given plenty of chances but totally ignored on the field. Sorry but I dont care if he gets in fights. I want to win games and he is / was a playmaker. Gus needs all the help he can get right now. In the end, its his W/L record that really matters, not if he is a disciplinarian. That has already hurt Auburn from last year. I would bet if Duke got the ball his attitude would have improved. This will not be good for AU.

Seriously? Lmao!

Figured your reaction, since this is the opposite of your view. I'm much closer to yours. Wonder what cole thinks of builder's post ....

I'll ask if cole called him......

Duke or builder?

Duke and hopefully no voicemail.

Duke was given plenty of chances but totally ignored on the field. Sorry but I dont care if he gets in fights. I want to win games and he is / was a playmaker. Gus needs all the help he can get right now. In the end, its his W/L record that really matters, not if he is a disciplinarian. That has already hurt Auburn from last year. I would bet if Duke got the ball his attitude would have improved. This will not be good for AU.

Seriously? Lmao!

Figured your reaction, since this is the opposite of your view. I'm much closer to yours. Wonder what cole thinks of builder's post ....

Wow. I guess people quickly forget that the Auburn football team has lost...not 1....not 2....but 3 current or previous football players that have DIED because they've been in an altercation yet people are ok if a player fights as long as he's not getting arrested. Regardless of if it was or was not our players fault...they ALL died do to an altercation that turned deadly quickly. Do i have that right or am i off base?

Yeah, one very good player with a bad attitude does not win games, but one bad attitude can ruin a locker room.

Seriously? Lmao!

Wow. I guess people quickly forget that the Auburn football team has lost...not 1....not 2....but 3 current or previous football players that have DIED because they've been in an altercation yet people are ok if a player fights as long as he's not getting arrested. Regardless of if it was or was not our players fault...they ALL died do to an altercation that turned deadly quickly. Do i have that right or am i off base?

that is a good point of view and I wish these young men would keep this type of thing in mind

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

You click on your own profile, top right of the page, then click on 'Manage Ignore Preferences' and add a user.

Got it and added número uno. I take back everything bad I've ever say about you..behind your back obviously. Thanks though big guy.

"Big guy"- I thought Britt was a girl for the longest time (not recently) based on the screen name… lol. Sorry for the off topic, that just brought back that old memory. Ha

It says 'male' on my dang profile -- sheesh!

Shoulda picked a manly screen name like 'Maverick' I guess.

:poke:

You can take a vacation.

It says 'male' on my dang profile -- sheesh!

Shoulda picked a manly screen name like 'Maverick' I guess.

:poke:

Sorry i didn't look at your profile :(

Wow. I can't believe the people saying yes and are happy about this....man

Your schtick is old and far too predictable.

outrage.jpg

Nobody is happy, simply disappointed. Maybe a little relieved. Not happy.

I was afraid of something like this when LSU backed off his recruitment. Of course they had several 4* and 5* WR signees in that class who were freshmen. LSU had backed off signing another 5* WR a few years earlier (Benton) for a different reason though.

WarEagle1983 is spot on. I hope he figures it out before it cost him more than money. I hope and pray that you do Duke.

I have a lot of respect for Gus for doing this. However, all of you who think Duke was the reason we are losing, was a trouble maker in the locker room are poorly mistaken! He is not the reason we suck. All of you praising this and this kid losing his dream need to take a step back. He raised the level last year, he took a chance on us when we were not a passing team, he helped us last year and really could have done things this. This is disappointing and he needs some encouragement.

War eagle Duke.

-Rumors of fighting

-Suspended bowl game(rumors of fighting)

-Offseason trouble(rumors of fighting)

-Dogging all season

-Dropped passes

-Terrible routes and blocking

-Fighting

This has been a long time coming. He was a cancer on the team, and it's good that he's gone.

Hell, Myron Burton may have even left the team because of how many chances Duke got.

I hate that our coaches don't have the balls to cut this s*** out early. It's playing out exactly like it did at the end of Chizik's tenure.

I have a lot of respect for Gus for doing this. However, all of you who think Duke was the reason we are losing, was a trouble maker in the locker room are poorly mistaken! He is not the reason we suck. All of you praising this and this kid losing his dream need to take a step back. He raised the level last year, he took a chance on us when we were not a passing team, he helped us last year and really could have done things this. This is disappointing and he needs some encouragement.

War eagle Duke.

I'm pretty sure you are thoroughly mistaken.

War eagle Duke.

It's just the facts....the kid failed to meet his obligations. The coaches kept him on the field so that's in them, but he needs more than what football provides at this point in his life. I hope he turns it around but both sides took a chance here.

Wish nothing but the best for Duke and turning things around, but seriously, Jonathan Wallace just got a great honor and it goes unnoticed by most. More JW's will lead to success....

War eagle Duke.

Nope. The guy helped lead us last year and if you think he is the cause...Wow. You need your vision checked.

Seriously dude. People need a chill pill.

The guy had serious issues, I can't believe Auburn fans are piling on.

Best of luck to him. Thanks for helping our team last year.

Can you switch sides and leave the forum 4ever damn bammer.

eiry4.jpg

Good move by Gus. Duke was cancer. Chizik wouldn't be able to pull this trigger.

He was probably tired of just dealing with him as well.

Much respect

War eagle Duke.

Nope. The guy helped lead us last year and if you think he is the cause...Wow. You need your vision checked.

Seriously dude. People need a chill pill.

The guy had serious issues, I can't believe Auburn fans are piling on.

Best of luck to him. Thanks for helping our team last year.

Can't believe people think he took the chance and not us. It's not like he didn't drop 4-6 passes, miss blocks, loaf around the field, etc. I'm not piling on.....I'm just glad we can move on from this. Duke shouldn't be out fighting at Sky Bar on a Saturday night.

War eagle Duke.

exactly

Good move by Gus. Duke was cancer. Chizik wouldn't be able to pull this trigger.

Seriously? Even Chizik dumped guys after their 17th offense.

War eagle Duke.

It's just the facts....the kid failed to meet his obligations. The coaches kept him on the field so that's in them, but he needs more than what football provides at this point in his life. I hope he turns it around but both sides took a chance here.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. I totally agree

I just don't like that Auburn fans saying some of what I've read.

War eagle Duke.

exactly

Funny...no one said he was the reason for the 3-2 start. We pointed out the obvious. Been to a game yet?

Archived