Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

I have a lot of respect for Gus for doing this. However, all of you who think Duke was the reason we are losing, was a trouble maker in the locker room are poorly mistaken! He is not the reason we suck. All of you praising this and this kid losing his dream need to take a step back. He raised the level last year, he took a chance on us when we were not a passing team, he helped us last year and really could have done things this. This is disappointing and he needs some encouragement.

War eagle Duke.

It's just the facts....the kid failed to meet his obligations. The coaches kept him on the field so that's in them, but he needs more than what football provides at this point in his life. I hope he turns it around but both sides took a chance here.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. I totally agree

I just don't like that Auburn fans saying some of what I've read.

Feel the same way from a different perspective. WDE

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of respect for Gus for doing this. However, all of you who think Duke was the reason we are losing, was a trouble maker in the locker room are poorly mistaken! He is not the reason we suck. All of you praising this and this kid losing his dream need to take a step back. He raised the level last year, he took a chance on us when we were not a passing team, he helped us last year and really could have done things this. This is disappointing and he needs some encouragement.

War eagle Duke.

I'm pretty sure you are thoroughly mistaken.

Nope. The guy helped lead us last year and if you think he is the cause...Wow. You need your vision checked.

Seriously dude. People need a chill pill.

The guy had serious issues, I can't believe Auburn fans are piling on.

Best of luck to him. Thanks for helping our team last year.

Can't believe people think he took the chance and not us. It's not like he didn't drop 4-6 passes, miss blocks, loaf around the field, etc. I'm not piling on.....I'm just glad we can move on from this. Duke shouldn't be out fighting at Sky Bar on a Saturday night.

Read my response to yours. I with you.

Duke needs to grow up, he has gotten multiple chances. We agree.

Duke was given a lot of chances due to his background, and I respect gus for that, it had to be tough to draw the line for gus, but he has to control the program. I just hope that Duke can become the man that the coaches were trying to develop and this might be the tough lesson he needed.

Duke was given a lot of chances due to his background, and I respect gus for that, it had to be tough to draw the line for gus, but he has to control the program. I just hope that Duke can become the man that the coaches were trying to develop and this might be the tough lesson he needed.

Yep, sad it had to come to this. So much talent. Really helped us last year.

Best of luck to him. it didn't work.

Another opportunity for a young guy though.

-Rumors of fighting

-Suspended bowl game(rumors of fighting)

-Offseason trouble(rumors of fighting)

-Dogging all season

-Dropped passes

-Terrible routes and blocking

-Fighting

This has been a long time coming. He was a cancer on the team, and it's good that he's gone.

Hell, Myron Burton may have even left the team because of how many chances Duke got.

I hate that our coaches don't have the balls to cut this s*** out early. It's playing out exactly like it did at the end of Chizik's tenure.

Wtf happened to the "Gus doesn't put up with that stuff" mentality?. The guy was called out weekly by different people for loafing, lazy routes and half hearted attempts at catches but still plays. I think Gus needs the opposite of some anger management training. I'm beginning to wonder how much some of these players respect him. If there is an issue there, he needs to demand that respect.

Perhaps this could explain some of the lethargic play and jsu and sjsu manhandling our lines for most of the game.

Gus. Has. No. Balls.

He's too nice, and it's biting him in the ass.

War eagle Duke.

Nope. The guy helped lead us last year and if you think he is the cause...Wow. You need your vision checked.

You are the one who needs a reality check.

War eagle Duke.

For someone whose been around this board, I really thought you would have more intellect than that. Come on, you are just trolling..with your own damn fans. So stupid, it's hard to take you seriously.

War eagle Duke.

For someone whose been around this board, I really thought you would have more intellect than that. Come on, you are just trolling..with your own damn fans. So stupid, it's hard to take you seriously.

Sorry I can't support someone with such a virulent need for self destruction? He's put himself ahead of the team for too long. It's good that he's gone from this team.

Do I wish him ill will in the future? No, but I am glad we decided to (finally)get rid of him after his many poor decisions. Perhaps, I didn't read your post more thoroughly. Yes, he needs to progress as an adult, and yes I hate that it had to come to this. He is going to have a long, hard road ahead of him in terms of how he decides to steer his path.

Duke was given plenty of chances but totally ignored on the field. Sorry but I dont care if he gets in fights. I want to win games and he is / was a playmaker. Gus needs all the help he can get right now. In the end, its his W/L record that really matters, not if he is a disciplinarian. That has already hurt Auburn from last year. I would bet if Duke got the ball his attitude would have improved. This will not be good for AU.

Seriously? Lmao!

Dead Serious. It's all about wins and losses. Ask Chizik. Back in the day, players learned more by running the steps at Jordan Hare than by being suspended. Overall it hurts the team benching a player. "Leaving a thoroughbred in the stable won't win a race" -Pat Dye

Figured your reaction, since this is the opposite of your view. I'm much closer to yours. Wonder what cole thinks of builder's post ....

I'll ask if cole called him......

After the short pass that he caught, broke a tackle and gained 18 yards, i was enthusiastic. I didn't remember much run after catching last year. Oh well. I have no idea what he did or what kinda person he is but you don't just kick talented kids to the curb. He had to have earned it.

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

Thats the Auburn spirit...... quit. Should rewrite the Creed. I believe in a practical world and that I can only count on... quitting. I believe in quitters and quitting and supporting quitting and tell others to quit. Could write a longer Creed but that would be too difficult so I quit.

Well, now the million dollar question is, what does this do the relationship between Gus and Coach Craig??? Duke was his boy. How does Coach Craig react to his guy being dismissed mid-season, essentially ruining his chances at a degree and the NFL (possibly)?

Personally, I'm glad Gus did this. I have no inside information, but from my observations, Duke was a cancer to this team. I watched him running around the field, avoiding contact, running sloppy routes, dropping routine passes, etc. The most telling action he made was in the SJSU game, when he recovered the onside kick. He sprinted to the sidelines, jumping and celebrating, but the entire time had this smart-ass grin on his face. Something didn't set well with me on that.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens from here. I hope it's not a complete self-destruction, and I hope Coach Craig is onboard with Gus.

Anyone care to weigh in on this??? Haven't seen any posts regarding Coach Craig and his relationship to Duke, and whether this will affect his relationship with Gus.

I watched Craig sit patiently behind Nix, take the reps in games he was given and give it all, then when the starting job was his he gave it everything he had in every single game. I remember seeing Craig on campus one day and saying we are throwing down at our house tonight if we win. Craig said he would be there. They won, and Craig came by and made an appearance, sang with the band, and had a drink or two. True to his word.

I have zero doubts that Auburn means more to Craig than Duke does.

I will bet that Auburn honors Duke's scholarship for a degree. So I think earning it is all on Duke.

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

You can take a vacation.

The only person I have ever put the ignore on this forum but as we know the function does not work when re-posted in a reply. You really should go find another team to support loser. Worst AU fan I have ever come across or more likely just a troll. Go away.

Everything's not Gucci!!! Gus showed Duke the Dior. I'm Prada Gus for doing what he had to do, making Duke turn his Cardin. If Duke was our man, we gotta change the Chanel, bc Armani's gone now. I heard that when Gus gave him the news, Duke felt queasy and had to Ralph Lauren.

Everything's not Gucci!!! Gus showed Duke the Dior. I'm Prada Gus for doing what he had to do, making Duke turn his Cardin. If Duke was our man, we gotta change the Chanel, bc Armani's gone now. I heard that when Gus gave him the news, Duke felt queasy and had to Ralph Lauren.

:laugh: Is it sad that i understand that entire statement.............

post-49537-tyrion-lannister-WUT-gif-Imgur-aFIe.gif

post-49537-tyrion-lannister-WUT-gif-Imgur-aFIe.gif

Lmao at the img.

Let me take a stab at translating.

Everything's not (OK)!!!

Gus showed Duke the (Door).

I'm (proud of) Gus for doing what he had to do, making Duke (be responsible for his actions).

If Duke was our man, we (need to move on because he is no longer with the team and thus cannot be our man).

I heard that when Gus gave him the news, Duke felt (sick) and had to (purge his stomach).

Let's not pretend like we could throw when he was here. It's a shame Gus and Co convinced him to stay abd wreck his NFL chances though.

I really think Gus allowing him to comeback after the suspension last December and the second one last Summer was more than enough chances. His NFL career was already in jeopardy with a history of off the field fighting. Gus needed him on the team, but he was also allowing him to get right for the NFL. He'll be lucky to walk on somewhere now

Dorial Green Beckham says hello

I deciphered it. I just don't get the purpose because, well, it's stupid.

That is true but this site would shut down if it only allowed purposefull and well thought out posts

Wow. I can't believe the people saying yes and are happy about this....man

Your schtick is old and far too predictable.

outrage.jpg

Nobody is happy, simply disappointed. Maybe a little relieved. Not happy.

I'm really about tired of you....I specifically read people saying yes I'm glad.....so if that's not happy what do you call it? Sthu and read the freaking thread

Archived