Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

Malzahn needs to bring in a new OC, OL coach and DL coach. Norm Chow would be a good hire to replace Lashlee.

you are an idiot.

Not necessary

That which is understood need not be discussed.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn needs to bring in a new OC, OL coach and DL coach. Norm Chow would be a good hire to replace Lashlee.

you are an idiot.

Not necessary

Yet true.

Cristobal has a good shot at the Miami job. Believe he Is going to have some support from former players and some of the local coaches

Cristobal has a good shot at the Miami job. Believe he Is going to have some support from former players and some of the local coaches

I'm thinking so, too. Not sure what FIU was thinking firing him.

My Knights could really use an innovative coach to change our 1960's offense.

That's for sure. Need to do a better job recruiting in central Fl.

Agreed 100% UCF could really be a force in the future with the right hire. Love their campus and living in Orlando is a lot nice than Gainesville or Tallahassee in my opinion.

I predict....no Coordinators taking a HC job in the SEC this season.

If I'm wrong, it's because the ADs in the conference just can't seem to learn from other schools' bad experiences.

Well, I was really hoping that RG would move on (by choice or not), but I don't think he is head coaching material.

UGA and USCe both have enough money to lure Rodriguez out of Arizona. So does Miami.

VT could go for Kirby Smart. VT is already defensive minded and Smart is brainwashed in the Saban "process."

I'm thinking Fuente to South Carolina.He's done a terrific job at Memphis. He has experience recruiting in the south.

Would UGA take a flier on Kiffin? The dogs are so desperate for offense. They've got Pruett and a truck load of defensive talent, so they need someone who can recruit offensive talent and develop them. Kiffin may have learned something about being a coach at Bama. UGA and Kiffin might be a really good match. Scare the bejesus out of Saban. Give Auburn heartburn for sure.

While I'm sure they have the money, why would they want to? He was fired from Michigan, and he's not exactly tearing up the Pac-12 at Arizona. I've got no love for a coach that can't win at Michigan. As for Kiffin, I'd like to think Georgia isn't foolish enough to hire a guy that got fired from his dream job, midseason, at the airport terminal.

I am also hoping UGA calls for Smart. Let them replace their consistency with a guy who has never been a HC before.

I am also hoping UGA calls for Smart. Let them replace their consistency with a guy who has never been a HC before.

agree...he's got my vote....

If Georgia does let MR go then maybe they lure Smart to Athens and he will bring along Kiffin as OC. In any case, I just don't see Kiffin getting another power 5 gig for a while.

agree...he's got my vote....

and a defensive coordinator who hasn't really slowed down Auburn's offense.

you are an idiot.

Really no need to name calling

CMR was an ASST when he came to UGA wasnt he?

Well, I was really hoping that RG would move on (by choice or not), but I don't think he is head coaching material.

UGA and USCe both have enough money to lure Rodriguez out of Arizona. So does Miami.

VT could go for Kirby Smart. VT is already defensive minded and Smart is brainwashed in the Saban "process."

I'm thinking Fuente to South Carolina.He's done a terrific job at Memphis. He has experience recruiting in the south.

Would UGA take a flier on Kiffin? The dogs are so desperate for offense. They've got Pruett and a truck load of defensive talent, so they need someone who can recruit offensive talent and develop them. Kiffin may have learned something about being a coach at Bama. UGA and Kiffin might be a really good match. Scare the bejesus out of Saban. Give Auburn heartburn for sure.

While I'm sure they have the money, why would they want to? He was fired from Michigan, and he's not exactly tearing up the Pac-12 at Arizona. I've got no love for a coach that can't win at Michigan. As for Kiffin, I'd like to think Georgia isn't foolish enough to hire a guy that got fired from his dream job, midseason, at the airport terminal.

He wasn't supported at Michigan. I believe he was fired in his 3rd year (can't remember) but in a 3rd year there are really only 2 full years of recruiting. He was changing the whole makeup of Michigan which means different players than what they traditionally recruited for smash mouth football. He wasn't supported all that well from Alumni and former players. Notice how Hoake (sp?) had success in his first year with Rich Rod's players...I believe that Rich Rod would have been somewhat successful at Meatchicken if he had been given a fair shot and would have been ahead of osu in implementing a spread high powered offense in the big ten.

He wasn't supported at Michigan. I believe he was fired in his 3rd year (can't remember) but in a 3rd year there are really only 2 full years of recruiting. He was changing the whole makeup of Michigan which means different players than what they traditionally recruited for smash mouth football. He wasn't supported all that well from Alumni and former players. Notice how Hoake (sp?) had success in his first year with Rich Rod's players...I believe that Rich Rod would have been somewhat successful at Meatchicken if he had been given a fair shot and would have been ahead of osu in implementing a spread high powered offense in the big ten.

Correct on the Michigan situation.....he met resistance from day one about his non-Big 10 style of play. Ahead of his time for the Big10.

Richt was OC at Fl St.

A ton of UGA fans here in Atlanta want Smart bad. They think he is the next monster coach, that he knows UGA well and knows how to recruit the Southeast. I think Smart is tops on their list today.

UGA would be crazy to replace Richt. Auburn needs to keep the whole staff intact with the possible exception of Garner if Rocker becomes available. I would like to see Rocker as DL coach and Garner in an off the field position concentrating on recruiting.

He was the OC at FSU but the number of failed coordinators trying to transition to HC has been growing rapidly the past few years

Edit* I saw JFDTIger beat me to the punch

He was the OC at FSU but the number of failed coordinators trying to transition to HC has been growing rapidly the past few years

Edit* I saw JFDTIger beat me to the punch

Yep.....all the more reason to hope those vocal dawg fans get their first choice.

My post should not read "failed coordinators" but "coordinators" -- glad you understood what I meant anyway, AU64.

Might want to throw WVU on the grumbling. Rich Rod is throwing his name out there big time.

You mean going back there? He probably took them as high as they have ever been but the old "you can't go home again" adage makes me wonder.

Archived