Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

There seems to be increasing talk about Les Miles' precarious situation at LSU, and the decision makers are not vocalizing any support for him, so I've added LSU to the Possible Vacancies list in the original post. That's going to require a huge buyout.

I can't really feel sorry for the mad hatter. He has made many millions of dollars and I presume he has financial brokers who have invested it wisely. He can walk away and live the rest of his life in ostentatious luxury.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add Syracuse to the list....not so attractive in many ways but an ACC school and Power 5 member.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/reports--syracuse-fires-head-coach-scott-shafer-151533181.html

Wow. The carousel is beginning to get out of hand...

Sometimes you can't help but stand back and just watch the chaos. Like they say, everyone loves a good trainwreck!

I hope LSU doesn't decide to go after Dabo. Imagine what he could do with the state of Louisiana. Scary.

You don't think bama will out bid them if saban jumps to Texas?

I hope LSU doesn't decide to go after Dabo. Imagine what he could do with the state of Louisiana. Scary.

Probably would. From what I am hearing, UT has a $10-15 mill signing bonus on the table. Crazy money.

I really think Bama will make a serious run at Dabo once Saban leaves. And I think Dabo stays put until then because he knows he should be #1 on Bama's list. He's turned Clemson into a monster and I would hate to see him run the same system as us and recruit the same kids as us at Bama. And if LSU gets Jimbo...boy IMO our road back to the top just got tougher because LSU will keep their level of D while adding a prolific offense to the mix. People on here don't like Jimbo because of his defense of his players (yeah he lets them run wild) but he can coach and has a national championship as a HC on his resume. If it wasn't for him teaching his players how to abuse women (kidding) I was all for him to be AU's HC before Gus was hired.

Probably would. From what I am hearing, UT has a $10-15 mill signing bonus on the table. Crazy money.

Yea... I expect to see A LOT of big money changing hands this off season. I'm thinking "blow your mind" kind of money. Anyone who didn't realize that college football was big business won't have any trouble believing it once the carousel stops spinning.

Funny though..nobody seems to worried about one of these coach-less schools luring Gus away....why is that?

Funny though..nobody seems to worried about one of these coach-less schools luring Gus away....why is that?

Because Gus loves Auburn and wants to stay here and turn it into the powerhouse he knows that he and Will can?

The stars are aligning. Gus has a subpar year before he turns it around in a major way at AU while this year's unusually high number of coaching vacancies, which under normal circumstances, would normally have teams reaching for Gus is avoided.

Yup, I'm on the same stuff Aubie in my avi and doc are on today. ;D

Must someone bring this into every thread?

Why not...a few years ago, every time there was an opening anywhere from Canada to NFL to NCAA people about lost their lunch worrying that someone would lure Gus away.

Why not...a few years ago, every time there was an opening anywhere from Canada to NFL to NCAA people about lost their lunch worrying that someone would lure Gus away.

A few years ago, he had just come off of 2 national championship runs in 3 years and every program was interested in potentially snapping him up.

I will be honest. I wouldn't want to be the guy that followed Saban at Alabama when he leaves or retires. Not with that fanbase and those expectations. I let someone else fall off first.

Because a top school would look at your recent performance at your current job?

Oh.....hadn't thought of that.

So the same guy who was a genius three years ago all of a sudden doesn't know how to coach? Guess that's what has happened to Les and Richt and those dozen other coaches who have lost (or soon will lose) their jobs. It's a crazy world.

Why not? Because it's irrelevant to the thread and there are countless threads discussing it on the main forum. But hey everyone! In case you didn't know, Gus isn't a hot commodity right now. Send all ty letters for that nugget to au64.

So the same guy who was a genius three years ago all of a sudden doesn't know how to coach? Guess that's what has happened to Les and Richt and those dozen other coaches who have lost (or soon will lose) their jobs. It's a crazy world.

I wouldn't say don't know how to coach but if I'm an AD I'm hiring someone off hopefully excellent seasons, not disappointing ones. But that's may just be me

I wouldn't say don't know how to coach but if I'm an AD I'm hiring someone off hopefully excellent seasons, not disappointing ones. But that's may just be me

I think that's what most people do...and it makes sense of course but how does an AD judge the HC prospects of a guy who has only been a coordinator or assistant somewhere?.....like the bama coaches being mentioned for so many open jobs.

It's an inexact science for certain. ...but I don't necessarily think a bad season, when judged by the record alone, is a good indicator of a coach's potential. And now that Memphis State has lost a couple games, does that mean their HC is no longer a hot prospect?

If you look at the stats, I bet hiring a new coach and having him turn a program around is not much better than the flip of a coin.

Only a short sighted bunch of bovine clodpated morons would fail to see the big picture...

I will be honest. I wouldn't want to be the guy that followed Saban at Alabama when he leaves or retires. Not with that fanbase and those expectations. I let someone else fall off first.

Hell I would. With all that talent he would leave behind I would win an NC the first year, be anointed, sign an extension for umpteen years with a fat buyout. Compete for the next few years. Ride off into the sunset after they fire me.

Hell I would. With all that talent he would leave behind I would win an NC the first year, be anointed, sign an extension for umpteen years with a fat buyout. Compete for the next few years. Ride off into the sunset after they fire me.

And if you didn't and slipped up and only won say 9 games? Hot seat is on.

Archived