Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

LSU fans compare everything to Saban/Bama....it's like the jilted lover syndrome. They are sick and tired of having to face their old lover every year and watch him reach the top of the mountain while they are left with a grass eating, crazy old uncle known as the mad hatter.

When are they going to learn that it's not Saban that makes bama what it is... it's the giant machine around him. If he was so great, then he wouldn't have lost 3-4 games in 3 of his 5 years at LSU... just like Les.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU fans compare everything to Saban/Bama....it's like the jilted lover syndrome. They are sick and tired of having to face their old lover every year and watch him reach the top of the mountain while they are left with a grass eating, crazy old uncle known as the mad hatter.

When are they learn that it's not Saban that makes bama what it is... it's the giant machine around him. If he was so great, then he wouldn't have lost 3-4 games in 3 of his 5 years... just like Les.

Very true, this is something to consider. Sometimes the support (boosters) surrounding the program is such a strong influence it impacts the school negatively, like Texas. Or does something stupid like Miami. The Bama machine is very effective.

UAT has a large bandwagon contingent in the US. I see people in Kentucky wearing Alabama t-shirts during football season and UK sweatshirts during basketball season. They pull for whoever is winning.

CNS has a unique situation in Tuscaloser. Mark Emmert thinks CNS can do no wrong and has as much as said so to the media. Couple that with the REC, rogue boosters et al and you're able to keep the Dodge dealership in business and the money flowing. The Charles Robinson expose' on DJ Fluker, among others, just seemed to disappear....UTK kicked a guy off the team for his part but UAT moves along, unscathed. Coaches "loaning" money to players....fire the coach when it's exposed and not a sniff from the NCAA....

When are they going to learn that it's not Saban that makes bama what it is... it's the giant machine around him. If he was so great, then he wouldn't have lost 3-4 games in 3 of his 5 years at LSU... just like Les.

He was at LSU 11 years ago, is it possible he's become a better coach now than he was then?

He was at LSU 11 years ago, is it possible he's become a better coach now than he was then?

Saban has said this himself

Saban has said this himself

Of course he did. He's an egomaniac. That's documented fact.

The truth is, he's not the legend that bama likes to make him out to be. He's been out coached numerous times, even at bama. If he did not have the machine that is bama football around him, he'd certainly be in the top 10-15 coaches in the country, but he wouldn't have the god-like status that people tend to give him.

According to CBS, Texas is going to "break the bank" to get him. With Kiffin and Smart both possibly leaving at the end of this season y'all might get to see a mushroom cloud over West Vance (although somehow I doubt it).

According to CBS, Texas is going to "break the bank" to get him. With Kiffin and Smart both possibly leaving at the end of this season y'all might get to see a mushroom cloud over West Vance (although somehow I doubt it).

I would think that Charlie Strong would be given another year at least.

You would think, but this is an impatient world we live in and he's had some embarrassing losses to accelerate the heat under his seat.

You would think, but this is an impatient world we live in and he's had some embarrassing losses to accelerate the heat under his seat.

True statement, but Strong will be successful wherever he lands, or if he stays at Texas.

I've told some of my Auburn friends to not fret over what Bama is doing this year. I've said many times to them to let them win their 100th natty (Bama math) this year because if they do, I believe Saban is gone. At first I thought he would go to ESPN. But now it looks like he could leave for Texas or the Colts. And when that happens, I'm going to pop some popcorn and watch the biggest meltdown of all time happen!!

I'll submit this to you guys about saban. Which unit on Auburn's team has made improvement?

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

What did Muschamp do when guys didn't play well? He benched them. He treated it like a business and put the productive players in and took the unproductive out. And what happened?

The defense responded and got better.

Who did Muschamp learn this from?

Saban.

This is why bama is so productive. The good players play, the not so good don't. Nothing personal. It's just business.

I'll submit this to you guys about saban. Which unit on Auburn's team has made improvement?

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

What did Muschamp do when guys didn't play well? He benched them. He treated it like a business and put the productive players in and took the unproductive out. And what happened?

Saban.

This is why bama is so productive. The good players play, the not so good don't. Nothing personal. It's just business.

Saban or not, this is an integral part of big boy/girl sports. Something that has been missing from AU and something Gus may need to learn.

Saban or not, this is an integral part of big boy/girl sports. Something that has been missing from AU and something Gus may need to learn.

But when Gus benches his QB, everyone loses their collective minds because he's "hurting his confidence".

In all seriousness, however... who on our offense should Gus be benching? I can think of a couple of wide receivers, but who's going to take their spot if he does?

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

There's a fine difference between tough love and "the process"

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

There's a fine difference between tough love and "the process"

The process works.

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

I coached an under 14 select team that was very successful in tournaments and won leagues in Texas. I did this before I ever heard of Nick Saban.

I played and benched players based on how they were playing.

SOB.... now appears that Saban stole that concept from me and I am responsible for every championship they have won under Saban.

My bad ya'll.

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

So who should be benched on offense...and who should take there place?

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

Gray King caught some nice passes about a month ago....I wonder whatever happened to that kid?

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

Gray King caught some nice passes about a month ago....I wonder whatever happened to that kid?

Had a terrible holding call on a key drive. Felt bad for the kid

The defense.

Who coaches the defense?

Muschamp.

Saban.

i felt worse for everyone else. That was a red zone td called back and traded for 3 points.

But when Gus benches his QB, everyone loses their collective minds because he's "hurting his confidence".

In all seriousness, however... who on our offense should Gus be benching? I can think of a couple of wide receivers, but who's going to take their spot if he does?

^^THIS^^

Auburn has never had the luxury of having 4-5*'s sitting on the bench, waiting for the starter in front of them to screw up or get injured so they can get on the field. Auburn hasn't had the luxury of kicking another teams ass so bad that we can give the second string live game reps throughout the season. Auburn hasn't consistantly had top shelf coaches that know how to train and develop the talent so that there is a seemless transition between the 1st and 2nd string. Auburn has had a virtual coaching carousel in the program, it's hard to impliment a "Process" that's effective when you are changing out coordinators/position coaches and schemes every other freaking year.

Word is Strong is thinking about taking the Miami job

That. And the reason he looked good is that he has been running on the second team with Sean, so they have developed rhythm. I doubt he'd help Jeremy much.

Archived