***Auburn 26 Texas A&M 10 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one of the concerned folk, I'm thrilled with this win. The D looked well coached, especially some of the young DBs, for the first time in awhile. The play calling was much more thoughtful, even the gadgets.

It's clear, though, that we don't have s QB the coaches trust or a receiver we can count on. Our running game isn't prim time, but it was enough last night.

In short, love the improvement, and WDE!

As one of the concerned folk, I'm thrilled with this win. The D looked well coached, especially some of the young DBs, for the first time in awhile. The play calling was much more thoughtful, even the gadgets.

It's clear, though, that we don't have s QB the coaches trust or a receiver we can count on. Our running game isn't prim time, but it was enough last night.

In short, love the improvement, and WDE!

This is point.

A&Ms first drive... We were giving up a little bit of yardage. But, the D was gang tackling. I said to my buddies in the next room not watching, "Come here and pay attention. Auburn's playing football!" That's what they did. They balled out. Excited for the Georgia game.

I think our O looked as good as it has all year. We were playing a team that was suspect on stopping the run and we exploited that with gameplan and execution. A lot of that success goes to JR. He is a different level of back than the other guys. He has great vision. Almost always cuts to the right hole and has the speed and power to go with it. He would have made a diff in earlier games.

JJ did a nice job. Managed the game nicely. He threw some nice slants. I think his height gives us the ability to do that more than SW.

Going forward we will need more than this to win. We will need more yds throwing and QB that keeps the ball 7 or so times on read options. We did not needed it tonight. I believe JJ gives those opportunities going forward.

Ok ok ok let's slow down for a second

1. We held onto the ball too long... again. Why can't we have more 2 play 76 yard drives?

2. Why are we throwing 30 yard completions on 3rd and 2. Terrible playcalling.

3. The only reason our offense has looked ok recently is because we're not turning the ball over. Now if we started turning it over 5 times game and we still put up 26 then yes we have an impressive offense, but 0 turnovers... again? Comeon.

4. J. Jones needs to be benched already. It seems like he is always 7 miles away from where the ball is going. Does he even do anything? Ever?

Post NEVER.... Why do you do nothing but complain here? We just won an SEC game on the road by 16....Go find something else that makes you happy because you are never happy with anything Auburn related. TROLL

pretty sure it was sarcasm. JS

Satire is not for everyone

To be fair, its not really for you if that is your best effort. It takes too much concentration to divine. War eagle though

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Let's try this again?

1. Why is no one talking about how well our offense sustains long defense-resting, clock-killing drives?

2. The play calling is fine.

3. Why is no one talking about how our offense doesn't turn the ball over?

4. J. Jones will be an NFL starter.

After all the close calls and disappointments you have to hand it to the coaching staff and players for keeping it together, no giving up and keeping on keeping on. Sometimes you just have to keep your chin up, keep playing and keep trying to get better. I just kept thinking that as hard as the guys were playing some good things were going to happen before the season was over and last night was just the beginning. I could see this team winning out.

Let's try this again?

1. Why is no one talking about how well our offense sustains long defense-resting, clock-killing drives?

2. The play calling is fine.

3. Why is no one talking about how our offense doesn't turn the ball over?

4. J. Jones will be an NFL starter.

I hear you. I guess I am not paying enough attention to see how good J Jones really is. If he is as good as you say, then we are better at corner than we have been in a long time because Davis is also balling. Would be great if we end up seeing the team that we expected to see. WDE

A very good win, all facets of the team played well. Red zone play calling is still a frustrating but the offense played well. Hats off to JJ. The defense played lights out. Kudos to Muschamp and staff. Lets close out the season @ 9-4. WDE

Could a win like this affect recruiting?

Joey Gatewood @DuelThreat2

How bout them auburn tigerss ‪#WDE

10:36 PM - 7 Nov 2015http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/11/recruits_react_to_auburns_26-1.html#incart_river

Looks like we've already signed up a Cook for the Bus.

Tim Cook@tim_cook

The Tigers are back! Congratulations ‪@CoachGusMalzahn ‪@auburnqb6 ‪@CoachWMuschamp Jovan Robinson! The best is yet to come!

10:11 PM - 7 Nov 2015

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Apple-CEO-excited-about-Auburn-win-40905770

Joey gatewood is a future franchise qb in the NFL....watch. He's all fsu I think though

Interesting...Gus told Maria Taylor that Rhett Lashlee called most of the plays that worked

My guess is to keep Rhett promotable to future HC possibilities , as well as everything finally clicked at QB so everyone looked good.

Loved the game last night. I am not the first to mention this but I wanted to bring it up again....

1. How about Shon Coleman! Kid had an NFL starter level game last night. I never once heard Garret's name called last night. This had to be Shon's best game at AU. Garret is supposed to be the next coming and he did not show up.

2. What happened to Mack. The TAM 5 star DT? Was he hurt. Did he play. He was a freshman highlight film early this year and I do not recall him even being in the game yesterday.

3. How good is Carlton Davis! Dude looks pretty big as a CB too. That was an extremely athletic play he made on the ball when he intercepted the pass in the end zone.

4. Carl Lawson. Nough said!

5. Stat Tiger mentioned this... Jovon Robinson looked very good. Great to see him playing like this.

6. No turnovers makes a huge difference.

I was impressed by the secondary as a whole. Nick Ruffin, Blake, Carlton, Stephen Roberts, Jones played great as a collective whole. Trey has looked very timid and the injury sure seems to have played a part in that. Would love for him to be healthy enough to play against the puppies, but that group looked good together.

and the sad thing is, A&M doesn't score that TD if they don't pick up that targeting penalty. That was complete crap.

Great 1st half. Ok 2nd half. Auburn fell back into the fg game again last night. I was very impressed with the way our defense stopped Tamu from scoring inside the 20 multiple times but Auburn cannot continue to score 2 TDs and kick 4 FGs and win big games. Downfield pass didnt exist all night and Tamu started loading the box. Auburn was able to overcome this because Tamu is that bad on run d but Georgia will not be the same story. If SW is still hurt UGA game then JJ will have to find the confidence to launch it down field a couple more times than he did last night. Lets go for 4 Tds and 2 Fgs next game!

Ok ok ok let's slow down for a second

1. We held onto the ball too long... again. Why can't we have more 2 play 76 yard drives?

2. Why are we throwing 30 yard completions on 3rd and 2. Terrible playcalling.

3. The only reason our offense has looked ok recently is because we're not turning the ball over. Now if we started turning it over 5 times game and we still put up 26 then yes we have an impressive offense, but 0 turnovers... again? Comeon.

4. J. Jones needs to be benched already. It seems like he is always 7 miles away from where the ball is going. Does he even do anything? Ever?

Really though?!! :-\/> We all know there is still a lot to work on but my goodness let's enjoy it for a minute. Because i'll be honest i thought we were going to get our butts handed to us. I thought we'd fight but we have not played a solid game on O and D in the same game all season long until this game! Give this team some credit b/c they could've easily been like the 3-9 team and just flat out quit!

Even then, this looked like the biggest step forward we've made all season on both sides of the ball. This was a game I was worried about when I still thought we were a good team because their offense requires a lot of the opposing team's secondary. Our pass defense really stepped up tonight and our offense finally found rhythm.

We still aren't good, but we looked better in this game than we have all season. I'd hardly call that something to complain about.

Defense has progressed again under Muschamp. Guys are flying around and making plays. Good for recruiting.

We need to get better passing the ball. Jovon looks good against an Ole Miss and an A&M, but our OL doesn't hold up well against UGA and definitely not Bama. We'll have to throw the ball from now on to set up the run. Getting the ball quickly to our play makers will be a must.

Our red zone woes are now a full year old. Can't let that continue.

Great 1st half. Ok 2nd half. Auburn fell back into the fg game again last night. I was very impressed with the way our defense stopped Tamu from scoring inside the 20 multiple times but Auburn cannot continue to score 2 TDs and kick 4 FGs and win big games. Downfield pass didnt exist all night and Tamu started loading the box. Auburn was able to overcome this because Tamu is that bad on run d but Georgia will not be the same story. If SW is still hurt UGA game then JJ will have to find the confidence to launch it down field a couple more times than he did last night. Lets go for 4 Tds and 2 Fgs next game!

Agree although I expect the decision about not throwing the ball downfield was made by the coaches...not JJ. With the running game established and JJ hitting the quick passes there was no reason to take the risk of putting it in the air down field.

Hate all those FGs...but the game plan strikes me as ideal for TAMU....weak rushing defense and inexperienced QB....and AU coaches took advantage on both sides of the ball.

Something to note here that some may not realize is that while they were only FG's, we scored on every possession in the 2nd half. (except our possession to end the game of course). We convert even two of those to TD's and this game doesn't even look close on the scoreboard. It wasn't nearly as close as the final score seems to indicate.

Something to note here that some may not realize is that while they were only FG's, we scored on every possession in the 2nd half. (except our possession to end the game of course). We convert even two of those to TD's and this game doesn't even look close on the scoreboard. It wasn't nearly as close as the final score seems to indicate.

Excellent point

Archived