Jeremy to start Iron Bowl

RunInRed

I saw that against ole miss and miss st precision check downs and fgs. Sounds like there is some underlying hate for JJ. Even in the spring he was capt check down. The right guy won the job. All QBs have some poorly throw passes that is what happens when you play agaisnt good teamd that create pressure.

I love that you think SW is captain checkdown while JJ is the big playmaker.

JJ

7 starts

1 game over 200 yards passing (against a D2 team)

SW

5 starts

3 games over 250 yards passing

Must be all those checkdowns getting all those 250 yard games (of which JJ has not had a single one). This debate has gone off the rails and only the looneys are still riding the train.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought JJ was on point tonight for JJ standards . . . whatever that means. I thought bama's offensive line did a tremendous job blocking and the few times we got penetration Coker looked like Manziel . regardless i thought we put a respectable showing with some questionable coaching decisions .. not going for it on a few 4th and 1's and not going for 2 after the second td.

I saw that against ole miss and miss st precision check downs and fgs. Sounds like there is some underlying hate for JJ. Even in the spring he was capt check down. The right guy won the job. All QBs have some poorly throw passes that is what happens when you play agaisnt good teamd that create pressure.

JJ

7 starts

SW

5 starts

Must be all those checkdowns getting all those 250 yard games (of which JJ has not had a single one). This debate has gone off the rails and only the looneys are still riding the train.

Agree with you here..... and IMO the best thing Gus did all day was NOT put SW into the game. Need to get that guy healed up and ready play next season.

We can wish and hope about getting us an SEC-ready DT-QB for next season but guys like Nick and Cam don't come around very often. I do believe that our starting QB for next season is on the team now.

I saw that against ole miss and miss st precision check downs and fgs. Sounds like there is some underlying hate for JJ. Even in the spring he was capt check down. The right guy won the job. All QBs have some poorly throw passes that is what happens when you play agaisnt good teams that create pressure.

I don't hate JJ. I wanted more than anything for him to ball out this year. He's a Montgomery kid and I wanted and expected him to be great. But it was evident this year that he is not. Poor footwork, terrible decision making, spotty accuracy. He at least stopped panicking like he did in the first three games so I did see improvement. But a healthy Sean White is a much better QB and he's only a RS Freshman.

JJ

7 starts

SW

5 starts

See it's these dumb posts that makes me....

Tell me how many td passes. See fouls like you concern yourself with yards when it don't mean nothing if it don't equate to points. We had more yards than bama in last year's iron bowl. Keep the yards although they are important but what wins games is tds. Fgs proved to the death of us last season in Tuscaloosa. Fgs don't win games buddy. Try again, we can't win without a qb that don't run well or isnt a scoring options in the redzone.

Tell me how many td passes. See fouls like you concern yourself with yards when it don't mean nothing if it don't equate to points. We had more yards than bama in last year's iron bowl. Keep the yards although they are important but what wins games is tds. Fgs proved to the death of us last season in Tuscaloosa. Fgs don't win games buddy. Try again, we can't win without a qb that don't run well or isnt a scoring options in the redzone.

I can watch a game, see the throws, see a QB go through progressions. I'm not saying Sean is the second coming of Tom Brady. I don't even think he'll be the starter next year. But he's better than JJ. If JJ is still on the roster next fall, he's third string.

I think we are down to about 3 left on this board. We're getting there. Lol. Time to move on. Those still clinging to this notion wouldn't change their minds if JJ scored for the other team half the plays. I give up with these 3 remaining hard heads. No sense in arguing with people who refuses to see what 99 percent of all people that have watched AU play this year know to be the case. The defense rests and the jury has reached a verdict. Time to move on.

I actually thought JJ was on point tonight for JJ standards . . . whatever that means. I thought bama's offensive line did a tremendous job blocking and the few times we got penetration Coker looked like Manziel . regardless i thought we put a respectable showing with some questionable coaching decisions .. not going for it on a few 4th and 1's and not going for 2 after the second td.

This is spot on. By JJ standards he was good. He didn't throw it to the other team 3 times. He still had a really bad game. He did not do any thing great. He handed the ball off, didn't throw a pick, made less than a handful of good passes, could not scramble and when he should have run a straight line, he tried to bounce it out.

Well, thank goodness we had J. Smith make a circus catch to give us a TD. Really guy, you're proving yourself dumber by the post. JJ did a great job running the ball today too. You're taking this too personal like you have a prejudice or something. You're crazy as hell if you think JJ played at a stellar level today.

Willie, what reason do you have for the passes that were yards over, in front, behind, or short of the receivers? How do you blame the receivers when they weren't even close to the ball? They ran the wrong routes, right?

Your refusal to call a spade a spade has really tarnished your opinion on the matter. Even those that were agreeing with you earlier have said, themselves, that JJ stunk tonight.

I could see your point if the receivers had a game like they did where they dropped everything SW put in their chest, but they didn't because JJ didn't have the ball remotely close to them a majority of the time.

As far as my knowledge of the game goes, that's for you to question. I'm secure enough in it.

Lol this dude really think he matters or has some type of authority or even a following on this board

LMFAO!!! You are the only one I ever see concerned with whether someone should be considered important or having a following.....on a freaking message board HAHAHAHA

If you're even remotely concerned about someone's status on a message board you need to get a life outside of the basement.

You mean like what the world saw tonight?

You do realize you just proved the point we've been telling you, right?

Lol this dude really think he matters or has some type of authority or even a following on this board

LMFAO!!! You are the only one I ever see concerned with whether someone should be considered important or having a following.....on a freaking message board HAHAHAHA

If you're even remotely concerned about someone's status on a message board you need to get a life outside of the basement.

LMAO. Yeah try to flip it, who even talks like that? Constantly telling somebody when to move on, when to post, what needs to posted, what needs to be locked, what are you doing? Mod try outs lol.

bigbird, I mean no offense, but you really should not validate those posts with a response.

bigbird, I mean no offense, but you really should not validate those posts with a response.

None taken. The truth is he has invalidated his own opinions

LMAO. Yeah try to flip it, who even talks like that? Constantly telling somebody when to move on, when to post, what needs to posted, what needs to be locked, what are you doing? Mod try outs lol.

You get more pathetic every day. And just so I'm not telling you when to move on lol...I'm moving on.

None taken. The truth is he has invalidated his own opinions

He proved these points in his last response. Agreed here. Not worthy of replies any more.

You get more pathetic every day. And just so I'm not telling you when to move on lol...I'm moving on.

Ok. You rest your case? The verdict is in? Time to move on. Get on the soap box and write and let everybody know how it's all so beneath you and you're not talking about this, then spend the next two hours talking about it? Lol. And you have the audacity to call someone pathetic? And then cry and complain about someone calling you a troll.....you're really a joke

Ok. You rest your case? The verdict is in? Time to move on. Get on the soap box and write and let everybody know how it's all so beneath you and you're not talking about this, then spend the next two hours talking about it? Lol. And you have the audacity to call someone pathetic? And then cry and complain about someone calling you a troll.....you're really a joke

You done?

It's pretty obvious the ones on here that understand football and the ones that are completely lost.

Hint: bigbird knows football, willieguns lost

Yeah, and as I read through the comments on various Auburn pages on FB, I'm almost ashamed to be associated with our fan bases total idiocy on things right now.

You sell that ocean front property in Alaska yet?

Archived