Jeremy to start Iron Bowl

RunInRed

He played well despite the circumstances. We don't have anyone catching the ball that scares any defense. There isn't a QB on our roster that could have done better. We need playmakers on offense and qb play will elevate.

LOL. Our wide receiver play has been abysmal I agree- not at all sad to see RL and MR hit the road. But...."he played well "?! You cannot have watched the game tonight and truly believe that.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he plays next year, the same results will happen. He does not have the killer instinct. He looks to hit the ground at any sign of pressure. It's a shame too, he has all the physical tools.

Perhaps Gus & Will need to spend some time knocking JJ on his arse this off season. Maybe that will get the heebie jeebies out of him.

Lmao I can count JJs legitimately GOOD passes today on one hand and one of them Ray dropped. The other was to Barber. I really dont think any others he helped his WRs out but it was mainly the WRs helping JJ out from my perspective. How many times did we hear "he had him he just didn't hit him" today?

That first ball Ray dropped he should have caught too. But he missed a bunch of throws. But these are throws he made at the beginning of the year. His head is all screwed up now and I don't know anybody that wouldn't be screwed up after going through what he went through. He messed up in the beginning, you sit him against all the teams you can use to get rhythm and confidence, you play him after SW gets hurt and he does ok then you do that uga crap and that just pull the rug up from under you. Then it's ok here's the ball in the iron bowl....good luck

Im sure JJ is a nice person but he stinks as a QB. He threw maybe 3 nice passes and the rest were terrible. He cant read defenses and he cant avoid pressure. He is not a good runner and he doesn't inspire others to play better. Anyone who wants him as AUs QB doesn't like to win and doesn't know football. Im sorry but its time to face facts!

Im sure JJ is a nice person but he stinks as a QB. He threw maybe 3 nice passes and the rest were terrible. He cant read defenses and he cant avoid pressure. He is not a good runner and he doesn't inspire others to play better. Anyone who wants him as AUs QB doesn't like to win and doesn't know football. Im sorry but its time to face facts!

I don't think he stinks (He has a ton of potential), but I do think he would be better served to transfer and get a fresh start somewhere else (Specifically in a smaller conference). Next year, it will be SW or a DT QB. That is the bottom line.

Well this just sucks. I guess all our QB's are bad. But at least we have BB

Go Wildcats ... I mean War Eagle!!!

Well this just sucks. I guess all our QB's are bad. But at least we have BB

And the Lobos.....who had a pretty good year....

They were open and he had time correct? Same idiots that say we have great wrs. Not gonna continue this argument with the same people I was there today and bama played good defense and applied pressure all night. I guess all them drops was JJ fault too. Yeah SW would have won it tonight...lol. Post all you want dude not gonna argue with you so I agree your right. Our sure handed wrs we had tonight showed up and showed out...smh

Really there is no argument. You stated your opinion last week that JJ was a good QB and JJ proved you wrong this week. Seems simple enough to me...and everyone else that watched the game.

We got lucky on that pass to Smith or we don't score a TD in the game (which is what I expected). When the game is on the line you don't throw to a guy who has bad hands no matter how open he is. I feel bad for MR but he's doing the best he can. Just shouldn't be an option in those kind of situations Hate to say it but the only guys with worse hands than our receivers are the DBs. Our best hands belong to a LB and a walkon but they weren't in the game on the critical pass plays. Smith and Louis played well though.

Lmao. Best hands belong to a walk on....boy I tell you

he isn't right but he isn't completely wrong either (hyperbole). Davis might still have hands (had drops too) but Ray is nothing, Louis is Louis, and Stevens isn't even a factor. no other receivers play other than King who had better hands in his appearance than anyone else in any other game.

How many catches did he have? See that's the problem people crown and dismiss guys off of two plays then are so disappointed and surprised when their analysis of a player is wrong

If he plays next year, the same results will happen. He does not have the killer instinct. He looks to hit the ground at any sign of pressure. It's a shame too, he has all the physical tools.

You ever been around a puppy or dog and as soon as you scold it, the thing turns belly up in surrender? JJ reminded me of that when bama's D got close to him.

Finally someone understands football. Dual threat Rigby your alright in my book. Ricardo Louis is a 2nd or 3rd WR on most SEC teams #1 on our team but some of you blame JJ all you want. We didn't replace Coates or add the proper depth in several recruiting classes...help is on the way though. Can't run OJT with a bunch of athletes playing WR. No other SEC does it to the extreme we have but some of you are too busy blaming JJ and failed to see the WR core is mediocre at best.

Big Bird SW would have won the game right? Dude you really don't know football if that's case why is he 2-3?

Big Bird SW would have won the game right? Dude you really don't know football if that's case why is he 2-3?

I think our offense would have been more effective with SW. Sean gives us a decent pass threat. JJ doesn't. And his lack of passing precision and decision making isn't offset by excellent running ability.

I saw that against ole miss and miss st precision check downs and fgs. Sounds like there is some underlying hate for JJ. Even in the spring he was capt check down. The right guy won the job. All QBs have some poorly throw passes that is what happens when you play agaisnt good teams that create pressure.

Receivers fault....Hmmm...Jason Smith single handedly added 77 yards to JJs stats on an overthrow that he batted out of the air and RL added another 30 or so on another ball he wouldn't be expected to catch more than half the time. Take those 2 catches away (and then add the 1 drop for 10 yards) and JJ had around 40 percent completions (mostly due to completely missing receivers) and around 80 yards. Yep. Receivers fault lmao. I can think of 1 actual dropped pass but atleast 10 blatently bad throws.

Maybe it's the Olines fault, then? But wait, he wasn't getting hit on those throws, whereas good QBs can stand in and get hit while delivering strikes....

Must be the playcalling then? I'm sure Gus could have got those open receivers to be closer to JJ so he had it easier (like the 90mph lateral from 5 yards away?)

Well, if it's not the receivers, the Oline or playcalling that made JJ miss open receiver after open receiver after open receiver.....it must be the RBs fault :dunno:

From Jordan hare stadium and the replay the pass was accurately thrown he didn't catch it on the 1st attempt.

Archived