Coach Malzahn Outlook

tigeraddikt

If Malzahn doesn't make any coaching changes on offense and defense, Auburn won't win 8 games next year. We'll be lucky to win 6 or 7.

4 losses were by one possession, one it OT. Count the JSU fiasco win and this team won 20% of its one possession games with either a degraded QB, RS freshman QB and several dropped passes. This could have easily been an eight win team by capturing half of those one possession games. This is with two out of three phases of the game giving subpar results.

Things could always get worse, but they probably won't. If the defense is as productive next year as they were toward the end of the season this year and the offense gets it together we will compete for a trip to Atlanta.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the three year Auburn cycle, 2016 should produce an SEC Championship and National Title appearance. Then '17 should be 8-5, then '18 should be .500 or sub .500. 2019 should be our next title run in the next cycle.

At least we are on a three year cycle.Joe Paterno said when he was coaching at Penn State he could make a title run every four years.Just something to think about.

According to the three year Auburn cycle, 2016 should produce an SEC Championship and National Title appearance. Then '17 should be 8-5, then '18 should be .500 or sub .500. 2019 should be our next title run in the next cycle.

At least we are on a three year cycle.Joe Paterno said when he was coaching at Penn State he could make a title run every four years.Just something to think about.

Difference is that the head coach at Auburn will be fired before he has that chance.

Difference is that the head coach at Auburn will be fired before he has that chance.

Maybe not. If Gus can get the offense back on track, we can win enough for him to stay. Losing WM may buy him more time. Get a good young coordinator and in 2 years we can be where we want to be

Gus should panic. Back to back crappy years and now he could be losing some coaches.

Seriously, just stop.

Please just put a temp ban on his account. All he does is spam the forum bumping random threads with 0 information, or when he does bring info, it's old news.

Next year another 3-9 or so season. Gus will be gone. Auburn will be saddled with paying another coach not to chach. And Jay Jacobs will still be our AD and still crashing out athletic dept into the ground and NO ONE will be trying to stop him.

Gus is a good HC, IMO. This year was an anomaly, I hope. I also hope he has learned that he must put more emphasis on recruiting the D side of the ball. He isn't going to be ably to score 35 every game. There will be times you need to lean on your D.

Gus is a good HC, IMO. This year was an anomaly, I hope. I also hope he has learned that he must put more emphasis on recruiting the D side of the ball. He isn't going to be ably to score 35 every game. There will be times you need to lean on your D.

One good year is called an anomaly, it doesn't qualify someone as as good HC. Otherwise, we'd be inducting Larry Coker into the HOF based upon his HC resume, lol.

I love how some here think that all there bitchn and groaning will change what happens with coaches. I get using a message board to vent but if you have nothing at all positive to say why keep on and on about it. Bottom line is either Gus will produce and stay or he won't and will be replaced regardless of what we say on here. I can't figure out who on here are bammers trolling or just miserable human beings who have no life.

I love how some here think that all there bitchn and groaning will change what happens with coaches. I get using a message board to vent but if you have nothing at all positive to say why keep on and on about it. Bottom line is either Gus will produce and stay or he won't and will be replaced regardless of what we say on here. I can't figure out who on here are bammers trolling or just miserable human beings who have no life.

They're unhappy and they've made up their mind about Gus a long time ago. They won't be happy until they get to say I told you so.

Next year another 3-9 or so season. Gus will be gone. Auburn will be saddled with paying another coach not to chach. And Jay Jacobs will still be our AD and still crashing out athletic dept into the ground and NO ONE will be trying to stop him.

Jacobs is the first person that needs to be fired. I'm tired of having to hire coaches every year. I understood CWM was only going to be here for a short time anyway so i'm not mad at him for taking the job. The USCe job opened up unexpectedly so i don't blame him. It just sucks from a recruiting point b/c we now have to hire yet another DC. I want stability! So i really hope the next DC we hire will be able to stay for a while!

Jacobs is the first person that needs to be fired. I'm tired of having to hire coaches every year. I understood CWM was only going to be here for a short time anyway so i'm not mad at him for taking the job. The USCe job opened up unexpectedly so i don't blame him. It just sucks from a recruiting point b/c we now have to hire yet another DC. I want stability! So i really hope the next DC we hire will be able to stay for a while!

Yes and that's why it cannot be a rush job. If it takes a little time then by all means take it.

bammers trolling or just miserable human beings who have no life.

yes.

Agreed. If these really are "Auburn fans" then we should be embarrassed by them. Contrary to bama, this is our 15 percent and the faster they find another team the better.

Gus just didn't count on JJ becoming a headcase. No trend ever materialized and he didn't know what to ride. When we get Franklin and Woody in next season I believe this offense will be productive again.

Gus just didn't count on JJ becoming a headcase. No trend ever materialized and he didn't know what to ride. When we get Franklin and Woody in next season I believe this offense will be productive again.

So you don't think the O can be productive with Sean?

Archived