Players leaving

bmartin3228

^Hahaha oooops. Fixed. :bigblush:/>

So back to the original question, Clayton, are you hearing this from a reputable source? We desperately need a (late) Christmas present.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list I made based off our starters list for every game this year. I broke it down into offense, defense and special teams.

Note: I’m not going to count QBs on this list. If either White or somehow Johnson improves enough to start next year, good, but for now the position is too big an uncertainty for me to count White or Johnson as a returning starter. The variables on this list that warrant a dash are the “big four” on the lines (Adams, Coleman, Lawson, and Young).

Louisville

Off: 5-7

Def: 4-6

ST: 2

Total: 11-15

Jacksonville State

Off: 5-6

Def: 4-5

Total: 11-13

LSU

Def: 5-6

Total: 12-15

MSU

Off: 6-8

Def: 6-7

Total: 14-17

SJSU

Kentucky

Arkansas

Off: 7-9

Def: 5-6

Total: 14-17

Mississippi

Total: 12-16

Texas A&M

Def: 3-5

Total: 11-15

Georgia

Off: 7-9

Total: 13-17

Idaho

Off: 6-7

Alabama

Def: 3-5

Total: 10-14

Memphis

Total: 12-16

That gives us about an average of 12-16 returning starters for next year, depending, again, on who goes pro early. Those being the four I've heard most mentioned, those are the four I'm including as variables. Discuss.

Here's a chart I made based off our starters list for every game this year. I broke it down into offense, defense and special teams.

Note: I’m not going to count QBs on this list. If either White or somehow Johnson improves enough to start next year, good, but for now the position is too big an uncertainty for me to count White or Johnson as a returning starter. The variables on this list that warrant a dash are the “big four” on the lines (Adams, Coleman, Lawson, and Young).

Unit

Louis

JSU

LSU

MSU

SJSU

Kent

Ark

Miss

A&M

Georgia

Idaho

Bama

Mem

Off.

5-7

5-6

5-7

6-8

6-8

6-8

7-9

6-8

6-8

7-9

6-7

5-7

6-8

Def.

4-6

4-5

5-6

6-7

4-5

4-5

5-6

4-6

3-5

4-6

4-6

3-5

4-6

ST

Total

11-15

11-13

12-15

14-17

12-15

12-15

14-17

12-16

11-15

13-17

12-15

10-14

12-16

Call me dumb if needed but I'm confused at what Im looking at right now.

Here's a chart I made based off our starters list for every game this year. I broke it down into offense, defense and special teams.

Unit

Louis

JSU

LSU

MSU

SJSU

Kent

Ark

Miss

A&M

Georgia

Idaho

Bama

Mem

Off.

5-7

5-6

5-7

6-8

6-8

6-8

7-9

6-8

6-8

7-9

6-7

5-7

6-8

Def.

4-6

4-5

5-6

6-7

4-5

4-5

5-6

4-6

3-5

4-6

4-6

3-5

4-6

ST

Total

11-15

11-13

12-15

14-17

12-15

12-15

14-17

12-16

11-15

13-17

12-15

10-14

12-16

Call me dumb if needed but I'm confused at what Im looking at right now.

Probably a table that got messed up by the formatting of the message board.

Young and Coleman are the only two players that I'm told are leaving.

That sucks. We really need one of these 2 to stay in order to prevent a major drop off next year

Leff was more than adequate filling in for Young. We'll miss Coleman, but we won't miss either nearly as much as we'd miss Lawson and/or Adams.

Yep. Leff at one tackle spot with Smith at the other. Horton to take Smith's spot at guard.

I don't know. I think Darius James makes a push for a spot. He's going to be good

Would love to see everyone return. But I say Coleman leaves and he should. But I would hope everyone else understands they need another year of development

I agree. It would be a mistake if Coleman stays. If he is going to have a pro career he needs to give it a shot now. Pro careers are short anyway and his will be even shorter with his age, 24 already I think. Our OL will be fine. Best of luck to Shon. One of the finest Auburn men on the planet.

So again, is the guy who said that only Coleman would leave (Clayton) getting his info from a good source?

I'm guessing Clayton was guessing based on stuff he's read. He usually says good/right stuff, though.

Young and Coleman are the only two players that I'm told are leaving.

That sucks. We really need one of these 2 to stay in order to prevent a major drop off next year

Leff was more than adequate filling in for Young. We'll miss Coleman, but we won't miss either nearly as much as we'd miss Lawson and/or Adams.

Yep. Leff at one tackle spot with Smith at the other. Horton to take Smith's spot at guard.

I don't know. I think Darius James makes a push for a spot. He's going to be good

The plan I think all along was to bring James in to replace Coleman.We will have to wait and see if he can do the job.

Coleman is projected to go in the first round but guess who is projected to go pick #13?

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/01/2016-nfl-draft-january-big-board-1-0/

For people who don't want to click: Lawson.

That site diverted me to the AppStore for whatever reason.

Coleman is projected to go in the first round but guess who is projected to go pick #13?

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/01/2016-nfl-draft-january-big-board-1-0/

For people who don't want to click: Lawson.

That site diverted me to the AppStore for whatever reason.

Thanks for the spoiler. :(/> You getting diverted away is on your end.

I don't know how you draft a de in round one that misses so many tackles. He gets to the qb as good as anyone but whiffs.he needs to come back and whiff at least one more year.

Who is better? Lawson or the Williams (or is it Williamson) kid from bama? Who would you take?

Tim Williams has 10 sacks right now. But he isn't planning on entering the draft.

Archived