Dan Mullen

RunInRed

84 members have voted

1. 1. In 2016 Dan Mullen will be the HC of ...

• Mississippi State
    • Georgia
    • South Carolina
    • Other

Actually I'm hearing he's not very well like over in cow bell country

I'm sure outsiders can say the same thing about Gus and Auburn, if they are hearing from only a certain segment of the fan base. I think it take 10+ wins, including one over your chief rival, to be universally loved by a fan base.

I'm sure outsiders can say the same thing about Gus and Auburn, if they are hearing from only a certain segment of the fan base. I think it take 10+ wins, including one over your chief rival, to be universally loved by a fan base.

This was not from an outsider. Very well connected alum of MSU.

Mullen's lack of a neck will doom him to forever be the HC at MSU.

This was not from an outsider. Very well connected alum of MSU.

I was referring to you as the outsider and your friend as a member of the segment of their fan base that doesn't like Mullen.

Not much left for Mullen to go to now. Richt got Miami. Not sure any openings now are bigger than his job at Ms St. USCe may be but it is not a huge step up and USCe may be a longer rebuild job.

Not much left for Mullen to go to now. Richt got Miami. Not sure any openings now are bigger than his job at Ms St. USCe may be but it is not a huge step up and USCe may be a longer rebuild job.

It's a lateral move and definitely a tough place to be

Considering that 6 SEC West teams spent some time ranked in the top 10 last year, South Carolina might not be such a lateral move. He might be more likely to make a championship game appearance there.

Considering that 6 SEC West teams spent some time ranked in the top 10 last year, South Carolina might not be such a lateral move. He might be more likely to make a championship game appearance there.

I think he has higher ambition than just making a few conference championship game appearances. That's asking a lot of a place like that.

Mullen could also just content to ride the Mississippi State on into the sunset and then another perennial mediocre coach can come in 20 years from now and try to do something with Moo St.

Afterall Dan Mullen brought them their first ever number one ranking... Ever, just last year. He's the best they've ever had and will definitely try to keep him.

Mullen could also just content to ride the Mississippi State on into the sunset and then another perennial mediocre coach can come in 20 years from now and try to do something with Moo St.

Afterall Dan Mullen brought them their first ever number one ranking... Ever, just last year. He's the best they've ever had and will definitely try to keep him.

Funny thing is that was a legit playoff team in any other conference, and possibly the SEC East.

I grew up in Starkville. My parents are still there, and I'm friends with fooled working in the AD now. I don't know anyone in Starkville that dislikes Dan.

I grew up in Starkville. My parents are still there, and I'm friends with fooled working in the AD now. I don't know anyone in Starkville that dislikes Dan.

I can't imagine why Mississippi State would dislike him, he's the most successful coach they've had.

I can't imagine why Mississippi State would dislike him, he's the most successful coach they've had.

Football fans in the SEC with reasonable expectations for their coach.....who would have ever believed that was possible? :dunno:

Football fans in the SEC with reasonable expectations for their coach.....who would have ever believed that was possible? :dunno:

Indeed.

Archived