Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Meh, a 30 minute drive to get there, crowds too big to manage and we can stay home, be safe and not have to worry about drinking and driving....We'll throw down lots of food and not worry about it.....

Edited by telling tiger

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That does sound awesome. However, I'm on the same page as you guys. Low key throw down at the house...plus that's my youngest son's B-day.

Nice! I bet that kid's gonna have some KILLER birthdays when he gets a little older, lol.

Best holiday ever from high school to late 20s for me. Since then, yawn, no thanks. 

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! I bet that kid's gonna have some KILLER birthdays when he gets a little older, lol.

Best holiday ever from high school to late 20s for me. Since then, yawn, no thanks. 

Yeah, that's my fear...kid definitely has my "sensibilities", unfortunately. 

• Like 2

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 0:23 PM, telling tiger said:

Love to see a good concert, rather have my fam and wild boys at home that night.....No driving, no strangers, no people wild as hell...................well other than us, lol

Stay outta my bunker! 

Ha! Nice! What good is family if you can't spontaneously break out into song and dance at any time?

I'm pretty sure my youngest son and I are going to end up recording advertising jingles for local companies. We can sing all of them in super exaggerated accenting. It's a talent...

Yep...............sadly remember the choreography, too.......lol.....

Knees too old for that.

Don't laugh......people make a killing in voiceovers and the wider range of voices and accents you have the better,,,,,,

With online recording, you can do it worldwide and never change out of the boxers and socks, lol.....

• Like 1

Anyone been to Ascend(venue) in Nashville? Seeing Phish there tonight and tomorrow and I'd like to tailgate, but it looks like there isn't any parking at the venue. Are there any off premise lots? If not, are there any bars nearby?

1 hour ago, telling tiger said:

Didn't see your Ascend questions, sorry sir.

Guess you have most of that figured out by now......

Yeah, all good. Uber is a godsend. I don't really like bar hopping before shows, but it was alright. Preds played last night, so Broadway was hopping. 

Oh, and that venue is really cool. Very quaint. I don't know if I like having the city buildings so close as the backdrop, but it wasn't too distracting. 

Northerly Island, in Chicago, has a beautiful view of the city skyline. Very understated. 

On 10/19/2016 at 3:44 PM, telling tiger said:

Add a Titan home game to all that on a Sunday and it can be extreme..

Stapleton was just at Ascend, too......hopping little place.

You can definitely watch and hear the show from beyond the back fence on the lawn. Never seen anything like that at a venue.