Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

Held by his addiction but chooses to stay captive until he falls in love."ships in.............don't move an inch when their anchor goes up, the difference with me is i've fallen in love".... "the folks back home have surely called off the search and gone back to their own" = they had given up on him.

Oh yeah, totally agree on what those lines mean in relation to Stockholm syndrome and such. 

You're probably right about addiction, too. Recurring theme on that album, her saving him from that stuff. 

Just watch Levon Helm, 'Ain't in I it for my health'. Good show. It's worth it to hear him pick mandolin and hear that old frail voice sing "Atlantic City "!

On 11/11/2016 at 8:04 AM, TAYLORKEETON said:

I need some new workout tunes guys. Throw me some songs...

Almost any Motörhead, Kanye's Black Skinhead, too much Run the Jewels to name individual songs but start with Blockbuster Night and Close Your Eyes and Count to F*** off their 2nd album, Sleigh Bells' first album, Hell No I Ain't Happy by Drive By Truckers, any Rage Against the Machine, Walk by Pantera... 

• Like 1

On November 11, 2016 at 7:04 AM, TAYLORKEETON said:

I need some new workout tunes guys. Throw me some songs...

@McLoofus hit a big one...all the Pantera. Tear Away by Drowning Pool, Let Go by Red, House of Doom by Black Label Society, Helpless by Metallica...I can go on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Matt Prater
1 hr
iOS

The Great Smoky Mountains have always inspired me. Last year I took my family hiking while in the area to play music. I wrote this song that evening. I was booked to play in Gatlinburg the night it was hit by the fire last Monday but was notified and avoided any danger. The people and that area have sure been on my mind. They will rebuild and I will support them with my music and also my recreation dollars when the time is right. 
Matt

...................This is a very talented old friend of mine.

Edited by alexava