Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Guess I'll just post YouTube links from my phone since iPad is screwing it all up. 

Do you have that YouTube app? i do and can't post a video because of it. i need to dump that app.

On October 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM, alexava said:

Do you have that YouTube app? i do and can't post a video because of it. i need to dump that app.

That was exactly the problem. It's good for viewing videos because it actually goes full screen as opposed to the Safari version. But overall, it's still crap. 

• Like 1

I got Amanda Shires's new album. Wasn't crazy about it on the first listen, liking it much better on the 2nd. Love the lyrics and the songs. Not sure I love all the sonic elements, though. Not sure how to describe it. I wonder if she'd be better off stripping it down all the way (no pun intended) or going with more of a "full" sound. I dunno. 

• Like 1

In case anybody wondered what Miles Davis reincarnated as a young, white British woman looks and sounds like. This isn't a novelty. Anybody heard of Laura Jurd or Dinosaur before? First time for me. Digging it big time. 

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Jason pulls Tide so that means I can make indelicate comments about his hot wife, right?

She is cute. It would take me at least two listens to get int this song maybe more. I do love that fiddle in the 400 unit. I wish I didn't just hear he pulls for turds.

This isn't one of their released singles but it's still one of my favorite Eagles songs:

The Eagles - Those Shoes

• Like 2

When I hear that song, I like to picture how it went in the studio. They've hit a bit of a creative roadblock, Henley and Frey are yelling at each other from opposite sides of a table piled high with coke... Walsh walks in from another room, Felder and a billowing cloud of smoke behind him...

"Guys... hey, guys... GUYS!"
"What the f do you want, Joe? And what is that weird tube thing running from your mouth to your guitar?"
"Guys, I think I've got an idea for a song..."

I've watched too many movies that involve people recording music, I think. Also, I just looked it up and Walsh was the only one of those four not involved in writing the song. Oh well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When I hear that song, I like to picture how it went in the studio. They've hit a bit of a creative roadblock, Henley and Frey are yelling at each other from opposite sides of a table piled high with coke... Walsh walks in from another room, Felder and a billowing cloud of smoke behind him...

"Guys... hey, guys... GUYS!"
"What the f do you want, Joe? And what is that weird tube thing running from your mouth to your guitar?"
"Guys, I think I've got an idea for a song..."

I've watched too many movies that involve people recording music, I think. Also, I just looked it up and Walsh was the only one of those four not involved in writing the song. Oh well. 

More like shoot each other 

• Like 1

It took me several listens to figure out exactly what this song is about.(not really about a European city). This dude is deep.

• Like 3

^Damn, damn good song. Curious if he's playing off of Stockholm syndrome a little with the lyrics, too, with the touring musician lifestyle being his captor. 

Frickin' genius. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

^Damn, damn good song. Curious if he's playing off of Stockholm syndrome a little with the lyrics, too, with the touring musician lifestyle being his captor. 

Frickin' genius. 

no, addiction is the captor......i think

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

no, addiction is the captor......i think

Held by his addiction but chooses to stay captive until he falls in love."ships in.............don't move an inch when their anchor goes up, the difference with me is i've fallen in love".... "the folks back home have surely called off the search and gone back to their own" = they had given up on him.