Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

25 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This is a short clip of my Beard Resophonic guitar. This was made on a cell phone, so the quality isn't real good. The video is also backwards. I am right handed. LOL.

nice

On 12/19/2017 at 8:06 PM, Farmer Brown said:

This is a short clip of my Beard Resophonic guitar. This was made on a cell phone, so the quality isn't real good. The video is also backwards. I am right handed. LOL.

Cool!

and "I love your daughter" (i.e., nice song choice).

• 2 weeks later...

A little side note to this song. The company I worked for at the time was headquarter in Orange county Ca. at one of our national meeting they had this college band show up out of no where playing this song.  With the cheerleaderssssssssssssssss

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A little side note to this song. The company I worked for at the time was headquarter in Orange county Ca. at one of our national meeting they had this college band show up out of no where playing this song.  With the cheerleaderssssssssssssssss

^^^^^^^ that is goooood stuff 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Holiday Breakfasts pushed aside

('til Mardi Gras)

Well if your doing Tea dance this time period calls for some ragtime

• Like 1

On 1/25/2016 at 7:00 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Can't edit my other thread title assuming because it was from 2011. So how about a new one? I see people talking music in multiple threads, but we don't have a running thread...so, let's get to it.

Been digging this song lately, I wasn't ever very familiar with Irish folk singer Glen Hansard or the Swell Season. He was on a radio show I listen to recently, and told an interesting story.

The story goes, Glen was at a party and his hero/idol Van Morrison(Irish) was also in attendance. Van the Man had the attention of the crowd, guitar in hand, asked for requests. Glen calls out for, "Hungry for Your Love"(also a personal favorite of mine). Van responds, "I don't know you!".

Dejected, Glen walks out of the room. The host of the party comes and find Glen, and tells him to come back in. Van apologizes for his demeanor. He asks Glen what he requested, Glen tells him. Van hands him the guitar and tells him to play it for him. After he plays "Hungry", the two retreated to a bedroom in the house where they played their own songs to each other until the wee morning hours..

Simply best the story I've ever heard of a fan meeting their idol.

oooooooh mama..ooooooohhhhh mama..........wavelength and tupelo honey are two of my favs of his.....

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well if your doing Tea dance this time period calls for some ragtime

^Good Stuff^

but more of a Joplin fan. The youngster in me. A contemporary of Mr. Turpin, but early and meticulous adoption of hole-punch technology made for rhythmically cleaner piano rolls.

Saw Jason Isbell and 400 Unit last night in Mobile. 

Solid band and solid performance throughout.

Thanks to all here that facilitated our introduction.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Glad you enjoyed. He was very complimentary of the crowd on twitter earlier today. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Jason Isbell is on Austin City Limits at 10:00 tonight. PBS. @McLoofus

Thanks for the reminder! I think maybe Amanda's is airing, too?

Side note: TIL you can stream the entire ACL archives on PBS's site :bananadance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2018 at 5:43 PM, augolf1716 said:

Always one of my favorites from Stephen Stills. Saw him solo at Auburn of all places also thought he played a mean guitar

Love Stills too. I don’t remember this one though. Thanks for posting. MTV had an all time guitarist ranking top 50. Stills was in their top 50.! 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

For those interested, there are still tickets available for his Bham concert this coming Thursday night at the Alabama Theatre. 

All 6' 1" 200lbs of him. :laugh:

Come on down. 

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the reminder! I think maybe Amanda's is airing, too?

Side note: TIL you can stream the entire ACL archives on PBS's site :bananadance:

Sorry, but

TIL?

• Like 1

from an album with many worthwhile covers

ETA: though possibly sacrilege to some

Edited by AUld fAUx@

Dolores O’riordan died today. She was the lead singer for the Cranberries. I wasn’t a huge fan or anything but I did like most of their ‘90s radio hits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1