2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

Didn't Britt excel at several of those one-day showoff affairs? I hope that he gets his head straight and Auburn signs him. On the other hand, I've had a belly full of all the silly "silent commit, decommit blah blah" stuff. If he's not through playing games yet then let's move on.

Agree. He's a really good linebacker and would compliment the other 2 already committed very well. This would leave 1 more spot for best available; Ignont, Taylor, Rice, etc.

It would leave 1 more spot for a LB. We still may take a 2nd, 5th overall as best talent available route. Edited by ellitor

Didn't Britt excel at several of those one-day showoff affairs? I hope that he gets his head straight and Auburn signs him. On the other hand, I've had a belly full of all the silly "silent commit, decommit blah blah" stuff. If he's not through playing games yet then let's move on.

Agree. He's a really good linebacker and would compliment the other 2 already committed very well. This would leave 1 more spot for best available; Ignont, Taylor, Rice, etc.

1 more spot for a LB. We still may take a 2nd, 5th overall as best talent available route.

We've got 2 now but you say 1 more. You also say we may take a 2nd for 5th overall. Am I misreading?

Totally understand. So let me ask this. Do you think JJ was 'not ready to play'? And if so, do you feel it was the offensive coaches fault he was not prepared?

YES YES YES.

Do you think JJ was ready to play last year?

Totally understand. So let me ask this. Do you think JJ was 'not ready to play'? And if so, do you feel it was the offensive coaches fault he was not prepared?

I think Jeremy had a mental issue that was beyond anything the coaches could fix. Now, should they have identified this ahead of time? Maybe. But I don't entirely blame them for failing to accurately simulate an actual college football game to test the mental strength of a guy who had already performed very well in actual college football games.

This all goes back to Gus not wanting physical practices.

Free from Keith Link

-Think AU is trending up again with Britt. He's a take at AU, I've confirmed.

Other sites basically saying the same.

I don't think this is true. Now if Britt goes public to AU and shuts his recruitment down, then I'd say most likely. But I don't think Britt will shut his recruitment down and I don't think T-Will and Steele will put up with his games.

It would leave 1 more spot for a LB. We still may take a 2nd, 5th overall as best talent available route.

We've got 2 now but you say 1 more. You also say we may take a 2nd for 5th overall. Am I misreading?

Yes you are. lol. I was following your hypothetical if we landed KJ giving us 3 LB commits as the starting point for my post.

Free from Keith Link

I don't think this is true. Now if Britt goes public to AU and shuts his recruitment down, then I'd say most likely. But I don't think Britt will shut his recruitment down and I don't think T-Will and Steele will put up with his games.

Understood. Just passing on info from other sites as a full disclosure. No disrespect meant to insiders here.

It would leave 1 more spot for a LB. We still may take a 2nd, 5th overall as best talent available route.

Yes you are. lol. I was following your hypothetical if we landed KJ giving us 3 LB commits as the starting point for my post.

So we are saying the same thing then.

My OP said adding Britt to current commits (that would be 3 LB commits) then said leaving room for 1 more. Total of 4.

You said it would leave 1 more spot. Total of 4. With potential for a "best available" addition.

Oh goodness. Just say we're taking 4 and get on with it.

If Britt commits, great, but I hope the coaches don't stop recruiting other guys and don't consider him anything more than a heavy lean until NSD.

So we are saying the same thing then.

My OP said adding Britt to current commits (that would be 3 LB commits) then said leaving room for 1 more. Total of 4.

You said it would leave 1 more spot. Total of 4. With potential for a "best available" addition.

Lol. If by that "best available" you see that I mean a potential 5th LB then Yes. Your OP did not mention anything past 1 more after hypothetically getting KJ. I chimed in to say there is a possibility to add a 2nd LB after that as best overall prospect on the staff's board regardless of the position.

To simplify for the board that AU staff plans to take 4-5 LBs. If they take a 5th LB it's by best overall target remaining on the board regardless of position.

Edited by ellitor

Free from Keith Link

Understood. Just passing on info from other sites as a full disclosure. No disrespect meant to insiders here.

I know. No problems.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^ Well, we need LBs. He was CB'd to Georgia yesterday, BTW. Are we still currently the leader?

The pick is from a guy that does not matter. He does not cover either team.

As for the do we still lead part it's hard to know & there have been times the past 2 months we haven't w/ him making multiple silents to AU & UGA. I believe he still plans to make a public commitment on August 8th.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

^ Well, we need LBs. He was CB'd to Georgia yesterday, BTW. Are we still currently the leader?

Sorry, but what does CB'd mean?

3 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Sorry, but what does CB'd mean?

He has a crystal ball...a prediction made by someone as to where he ends up. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I will be shocked if Britt doesn't pick UGA

What makes you say that? From what I gather UGA is taking 1 more LB this class & you would think that would be Nate McBride. Still, KJ is going to UGA's big recruiting event this weekend so anything can happen.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What makes you say that? From what I gather UGA is taking 1 more LB this class & you would think that would be Nate McBride. Still, KJ is going to UGA's big recruiting event this weekend so anything can happen.

He just gives off a lot of leg humper vibes. Wears their clothes,  retweets  their tweets and the like. Nothing more than a hunch.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

He just gives off a lot of leg humper vibes. Wears their clothes,  retweets  their tweets and the like. Nothing more than a hunch.

I feel ya after looking at his twitter. FWIW TD had a Bama header for a good while after he committed to AU.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

If UGA does not take Nate McBride, would he be a take for us?

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

If UGA does not take Nate McBride, would he be a take for us?

Guess is yes but don't know. He has not been mentioned with AU in a while.

• Like 1

Has Keith or anyone else in the know commented on Britt's trip to Auburn last weekend?

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Has Keith or anyone else in the know commented on Britt's trip to Auburn last weekend?

Here's the latest. Link

LB, Kenney Britt, Oxford (Oxford, AL): The 4-star inside backer hopes to pick a school in August. Right now, he's listing multiple colleges but we tend to think it'll be Auburn or Georgia at this time. He loves the class the Bulldogs are putting together. But working in Auburn's favor is the fact he is extremely close with linebackers coach Travis Williams. Britt will attend Auburn's recruit picnic next weekend. He was at Auburn on Saturday, one day after visiting Georgia.

The 2nd link includes an audio interview with him and analysis that I don't know how to embed. Link Below is a smipit of the interview.

Four-star linebacker Kenney Britt of Oxford (Ala.) has visited Auburn more than any other school and he was on campus again Saturday. What keeps him coming back?

“I think I can go to Auburn and have a good time,” Britt said. “When I get there, they show me a great time. I love Auburn.”

Britt, the No. 15 inside backer in the 247Sports Composite, will return to Auburn again this Saturday’s for the programs prospect picnic. Right now, the Tigers are among the leading contenders, along with programs such as Georgia, Florida and Stanford. 

Britt again will be joined by his parents.

At Auburn, he has enjoyed the family vibe.

“They do a lot of stuff together, which is great because relationships are going to be important when you get to college,” Britt said. 

He added, “You don’t want to go somewhere where it’s all business … I’m a relationship guy.”

Thus far, Britt has been impressed by first-year Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams.

“He’s doing great,” Britt said. “He knows the game. You can’t doubt that. … He’s a caring guy.”

Auburn has two linebackers committed and would like to add two more. Britt continues to be one of the Tigers’ top targets.

To hear his entire interview, click play: