JF3 in Netflix Documentary- airing 7/29

I have to see stuff on the field personally myself. Jf3 may be fast but can be secure the football? Actually that goes for sw too because I remember him fumbling some times too but we recovered the ball. Is jf3 really as bad throwing as some make him out? Is sw really as good at throwing as they make him out? Heard different things from different people who have all been solid. But once again people making decisions off what they heard, that can't be good.  I think having good wr will help any qb on the roster. 

Can jf3 improvise under pressure? Are the questions about both guys attitudes valid? There's alot I have to see with my own eyes. But hey that's just me

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I am not much of a proponent of reading the " stars "… Prefer to wait and see what happens after they arrive at Auburn before pronouncing them as our starter or whatever.  Just noting that FK3 has gotten a lot of hype out of a modest college career.

I actually haven't seen as much hype about him, so to speak. If anything, he has been getting critiqued like crazy out of all the QBs, which is fine, but please critique all QBs with the same standard.I have seen hope and optimism on what he may become. I have seen way more hype for our current QBs, TBH. 

3 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

If nothing else this qb drama will make for an entertaining fall practice.

That is the best part. 

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Somebody else says this but do it to sw you're angry at them calling them jf3 brother or something though

None of our QB's have done anything of note really. 2 of them weren't beaten out at a JUCO by a kid who couldn't get a walk on offer...but had they been there and played like they did at times last season....it just might have happened. Better?

Regardless, it isn't anger, it's incredulity that some people think the only possible way this team could be successful is by having a running QB.  It's ludicrous. He might be the answer, he might sit on the pine.  Such is the case with all of the QB's on the roster...and their style of play is the least of the worries. 

7 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Power running is what Gus wants to do nobody is arguing that. Is the power run game going to be better with JF3 or SW at qb that is my question for you. I think we saw how the offense would be with SW last year. Obviously you support SW starting which if he gives us best chance to win so do I. Do you think our offense performed well enough last year with SW starting? What makes you think this year will be different?

Personally, I think the upgraded WR corps will make a big difference. I've never seen a D1 team drop so many balls that hit them in the hands. If everyone knows that you can NOT complete a pass, it's going to be very, very hard to have a decent run game, IMHO.

I don't see why SW needs to be a home run threat to make the zone read game work. If he can make the read and pick up five or six yards, that's a successful play. I'm not sure he can take the beating, but outside of that I think that his passing combined with better WRs might offset the fact that he's never going to take it to the house with his feet.

7 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Some good points about drops from last year. I am not sure our veteran wrs this year will be that big of an upgrade.  Our frosh coming in our studs though.

I am just curious and this is a question for all how fast do yall think SW is?? Say what would you say his 40 time would be?

I am wondering why all the SW lovers are bashing JF3. 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

JJ didn't impress me. SW didn't impress me. JFIII has never taken a snap. Let's see what happens September 3rd, 2016. 

This

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Some good points about drops from last year. I am not sure our veteran wrs this year will be that big of an upgrade.  Our frosh coming in our studs though.

I am just curious and this is a question for all how fast do yall think SW is?? Say what would you say his 40 time would be?

Not bashing JF3...just not optimistic given what I've seen.  I am optimistic having seen what Sean can do as a Freshman...he can make most throws required of him. I expect to see some sort of 80/20 split..hopefully the staff can execute substitutions cleanly this year. 

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Hasn't it already been stated? SW is somewhere in the vicinity of 5.0 in the 40. 

I enjoyed watching the documentary and I think the story can be edited to show what the makers want to say.  I think JP3 can start but so can SW.  It is going to be a great preseason.  

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

If nothing else this qb drama will make for an entertaining fall practice.

What year has this not been the case?

30 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yes I belive a little over 5.0, I believe E had he exact number in another thread. That is without pads on also.

To be fair, that # was two or three years ago at the opening.  I'm not saying he is blazing, but I'm sure he has improved his speed while in college.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Um...because he can't complete a pass to the broad side of a barn and because he wasn't even good enough to start at JUCO?

12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Um...because he can't complete a pass to the broad side of a barn and because he wasn't even good enough to start at JUCO?

So you admit to being a SW lover? At least you are honest.

Been through a few of these and remember the thinking at the time:

J. Burger Opelika Krystal warrior...

Clayton Beauford speed guy...

R. Campbell thought to be too slow...

D. Craig schoolyard QB...

C. Trotman too slow...

J. Campbell can't understand Al's playbook...

B. Cox mysterious illness...

C. Todd has no chance...

B. Trotter high school QB...

F. Stankunas next level talent...

Meiko Collier trying his hand at receiver...

K. Frazier parade all ....

N. Marshall arrested...

J. Johnson rips Auburn High School in the playoffs (Reuben Foster chasing him all night) ...

Kodi Burns trying his hand at receiver..

Jason Smith will get a look...

Jonathon Wallace signed at QB...

Cameron Newton investigation ongoing...

Some of these guys I cheered and are legendary figures at Auburn and some just turned out to be good people.  Anxious to see what 2016 brings.

P.S. The biggest jerk quarterback I ever met was G. McElroy at the senior bowl.

I hope JF3 left his me first attitude in ms. And I hope he protects the football and makes his teammates better. That's what the great ones do. WDE 

18 minutes ago, jptiger said:

I hope JF3 left his me first attitude in ms. And I hope he protects the football and makes his teammates better. That's what the great ones do. WDE 

Both QBs seemed to be cool with each other. I never heard JFIII complain about playing time the whole documentary. He only complained about 1 play call that was probably a bad call anyway. He didnt even say It to the coach. He said It to a teammate. Mostly, he was just confident he was going to run all over every team Ihey played.

People are just complaining because they are comparing things he said In the documentary to our players that get Interviewed by the media and say what our fan base wants to hear. I wonder what our players are saying when huddled up on the sidelines laughing and joking. 

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

None of our QB's have done anything of note really. 2 of them weren't beaten out at a JUCO by a kid who couldn't get a walk on offer...but had they been there and played like they did at times last season....it just might have happened. Better?

Regardless, it isn't anger, it's incredulity that some people think the only possible way this team could be successful is by having a running QB.  It's ludicrous. He might be the answer, he might sit on the pine.  Such is the case with all of the QB's on the roster...and their style of play is the least of the worries. 

But at the same time the kid you keep being down on came in and pushed the guys here. I agree with you on the style of play stuff actually. But you pretty much get agitated at people that do the exact same thing you do except it's a different qb. At least that's my opinion. 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I actually haven't seen as much hype about him, so to speak. If anything, he has been getting critiqued like crazy out of all the QBs, which is fine, but please critique all QBs with the same standard.I have seen hope and optimism on what he may become. I have seen way more hype for our current QBs, TBH. 

That's what I'm saying, critiquing is cool but critique everybody. Talk about one guy and then when somebody talks about the other then it's these guys are Auburn qb's don't down them....I'm even down with that but that means all of them then

Archived