2017 CB Shawn Shamburger

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

When I said he was all bammer I was referring to Rush if that wasn't understood.

All I'm saying is I don't like the school change with the chance Rush may get in his head. He's a powerful personality even among head coaches.

Well after his track record, Rush will do something stupid and get suspended or fired after a bit so I wouldn't worry too much

24 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

When I said he was all bammer I was referring to Rush if that wasn't understood.

All I'm saying is I don't like the school change with the chance Rush may get in his head. He's a powerful personality even among head coaches.

Yeah well I don't think SS is a Bama target so I don't think it matters. And yeah, the he was unclear. It could have referred to Rush or SS as written. Thanks for clarifying.

25 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Well after his track record, Rush will do something stupid and get suspended or fired after a bit so I wouldn't worry too much

Rush was suspended for this upcoming season for hitting a player. He was able to get it overturned and will be able to coach. BTW, we got Ryan Pugh, a 3 or 4 year starter for AU from Hoover when Rush was the coach. Turns out Pugh played until his senior year at Spain Park and transferred to Hoover when is dad joined Rush's coaching staff at Hoover. Pugh was a lifelong AU fan.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I went to Prattville so I know. that That's why I specifically used the phrase "ended up at AU" instead of came to AU.

Yes I know you went to Prattville. Your Prattville pic is still my favorite of all your profile pics up to this point.

You insinuated that just because the Prattville coach was a bammer, that he won't get in the way with his high school players going to Auburn. I don't see how you can attribute Golson as an example of that since he may have not have even talked to his Prattville coach after choosing to leave Mississippi.  Even then, as only the former coach of Golson, the Prattville coach doesn't have near as much control of the situation as he would as one of his current high school players. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes I know you went to Prattville. Your Prattville pic is still my favorite of all your profile pics up to this point.

You insinuated that just because the Prattville coach was a bammer, that he won't get in the way with his high school players going to Auburn. I don't see how you can attribute Golson as an example of that since he may have not have even talked to his Prattville coach after choosing to leave Mississippi.  Even then, as only the former coach of Golson, the Prattville coach doesn't have near as much control of the situation as he would as one of his current high school players. 

I didn't insinuate it. I stated it because I graduated with Chad & know him very well. We still talk quite a bit and are good friends....Chad did not push Austin to Bama or away from AU while he was in high school. The by way of Mississippi thing does not matter pertaining to my OP. I was only referring to what Chad does with his kids while they are in high school anyway.

My impression is ... Rush is about rush and really couldn't give two rips about where "his" players go. 

I would assume he has had a nice helping of humble pie and may be a little less about pushing a kid to any certain school.  Sending kids to as many colleges as possible would be in his best interest.

after reading about the "hitting" incident ... I think rush got jobbed and this is he first I heard his suspension was changed.

On 7/31/2016 at 11:01 PM, AU80cruiser said:

Crap, Rush hates Auburn doesnt he?isI know he tried to get on the bama staff so my guess he Is all bammer.

Rush has been to AU a couple of times over the spring and summer. Don't think the "hate" AU is accurate. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Rush has been to AU a couple of times over the spring and summer. Don't think the "hate" AU is accurate. 

Thats good news then. Thanks for posting that.

Rush at one time was desperately trying to get hired at bama, but Shula and then Saban wanted no part of him due to his behavior on and off the field.  I think his love affair with bama has cooled.  

Archived