Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

The doom and gloom really don't bother me. What bothers me is the same people that make pretend no matter what we're the best because of the name of our school, breaks down and go into panic mode when we lose some games....like don't really be complaining and get down on the run game just because in your head you thought everything was still peachy

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the doom.  There is absolutely no good that comes from it. Jovon screwed up and is gone. His actions, from here, have adversely affected the momentum going into the season. All of that doesn't mean we will rollover and die. It is what it is and no lamenting will change the fact that he is gone.  Will we be fine? Who knows. But we still have a season coming and nothing is going to slow it's approach.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The doom and gloom really don't bother me. What bothers me is the same people that make pretend no matter what we're the best because of the name of our school, breaks down and go into panic mode when we lose some games....like don't really be complaining and get down on the run game just because in your head you thought everything was still peachy

I was already in "wait and see" mode with low expectations relative to the QB position, so now I will just add RB to that list.  That leaves the 2016 offense plenty of room to impress me.

With JR gone and Sean only good for one TD, I hope Kerryon McFadden-lite is good to break many records this year. 

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I was already in "wait and see" mode with low expectations relative to the QB position, so now I will just add RB to that list.  That leaves the 2016 offense plenty of room to impress me.

Agree.  I have taken the "wait and see" approach to the whole season in every aspect.

wde

Does he have enough eligibility to transfer after sitting a year, and if so, how long do it think it was after the announcement that he got a call from Bobby Petrino?

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Does he have enough eligibility to transfer after sitting a year, and if so, how long do it think it was after the announcement that he got a call from Bobby Petrino?

I can imagine Petrino was calling Gus yesterday lol.

Pretty sure Jovon has to find a Jax State or similar school.  Would be HILARIOUS if he ended up at Jax State and Roc was relegated to the bench.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Pretty sure Jovon has to find a Jax State or similar school.  Would be HILARIOUS if he ended up at Jax State and Roc was relegated to the bench.

That would be epic poetic justice.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Since he's a Sr playing wise he has to graduate at this point before he could go to another D1 school. If he plays anywhere in 2016 it will be a lower level school like Jax St.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yup!

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As have I. 

That's always a good position to take.....

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I have major concerns about KJ being an every down back and being able to take the beating. KJ is more of a Reggie Bush type of player imo. Maybe I am wrong and he will show out this year. KP is a bruiser but not on the same level that JR was with vision, cutting, and general running ability. We can overcome this but for anyone to think we have the talent and depth at RB that we can just plug next guy up and not miss a beat is wrong.  We do not have another inside runner nearly as talented as JR on the roster. 

Talent is only as good as your effort and attitude.JR seemed to lack both.

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Gus did the right thing by getting rid of Jovon.  Based on everything I have been able to read about what happened with Jovon on here and other boards, it was a no brainer to dismiss him.  However; I don't see how anyone can logically believe that losing Jovon is not a big deal in terms of success of the O, especially since we also lost Barber and Thomas and we have no clue if we have a competent QB.  But hey, maybe Gus can show us his O genius again.   This is a no excuses year for Gus and this does not change that for me.

wde

Losing a 1,000 rusher and two 5 star upper classmen RBs in the matter of a few months, absolutely sucks. But as we have seen this offense and team is critically dependent on the QB play. With good QB play KJ and KP are more than capable at carrying the load IMO.   

59 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Or worse...if he was relegated to  playing in the slot as a WR.

15 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This is a very big loss. I had no clue this was going down. I knew he had been in an altercation, but something else must have happened. This may make the qb decision easier as we no longer have a stud rb that can run inside and take the beating. KJ is good but can he be a Tre Mason type like JR could I don't know. 

Just curious but why does this make the QB decision easier and who does it help?

Personally, I don't buy the criticism of Kerryon as being too small to take a bruising. He's as big as Cadillac was in 2003. That's plenty big to survive 200 carries and thrive as a RB. Now, I don't know his mentality. If he's not a grinder, getting hit is going to wear him down mentally and change his game. That's TBD, but he has the size to be RB1.

Heck, 23 compared him to Reggie Bush. Bush's last season he had 200 carries for 1,700+ yards. He had (slightly) more carries than LenDale White, and he had a lot more touches (with 37 additional receptions). That's a workhorse season from a guy with a similar physical build to Kerryon's. Nothing about his size limits his ability to handle the lead RB role.

20 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Just curious but why does this make the QB decision easier and who does it help?

I don't know that it makes it easier, but if one of the other running backs doesn't really stand out in practice, it "helps" John, because he doesn't have to count on a running back to carry the ground game while Sean does.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Since he's a Sr playing wise he has to graduate at this point before he could go to another D1 school. If he plays anywhere in 2016 it will be a lower level school like Jax St.

He has to graduate? Guess he can forget about any D-1 school.

How great would it be if this was the opening that allowed Pettway came from basically out of no where and rack up 1200+ this season?

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Or worse...if he was relegated to  playing in the slot as a WR.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

How great would it be if this was the opening that allowed Pettway came from basically out of no where and rack up 1200+ this season?

I will be disappointed if Pettway doesn't get at least 5-10 carries per game. He was an absolute monster at the A day game.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As a Prattville alum I'm sure as heck hoping for that.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's possible actually. We are going to have good interior run blocking (hopefully). I'm not sure how the dynamic between KJ and KP will be but if KP takes the lead role he can definitely put up 1000. I don't know about 1200 because he will have to average 100 yards per game with a limited passing game. But I'm pulling for ANYONE to put up 1200 yards this season

Archived