Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

The problem is Pettway was being groomed for that H-back spot and needed as much bulk as possible. I think too he can be a good power running back, but if he is going to carry the ball more, i feel he needs to lose a little weight.

We will see..it may be he and Cox spell Johnson and Malik, who has to carry the load if we are going to run the ball as much as Gus wants to.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

The problem is Pettway was being groomed for that H-back spot and needed as much bulk as possible. I think too he can be a good power running back, but if he is going to carry the ball more, i feel he needs to lose a little weight.

We will see..it may be he and Cox spell Johnson and Malik, who has to carry the load if we are going to run the ball as much as Gus wants to.

Maybe being able to put KP and KJ on the field together will be something positive. KJ being versatile in the passing and running game, and KP is working on carrying the ball and he can certainly be a lead blocker. I think this might make it harder to determine where the ball is going for defenses. *fingers crossed*

Ok. so it's late in a tie game against Clemson. 4th and 1. Who is Gus going to give the ball to now?

p.s. No, i don't want to kick a FG here..))

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Maybe being able to put KP and KJ on the field together will be something positive. KJ being versatile in the passing and running game, and KP is working on carrying the ball and he can certainly be a lead blocker. I think this might make it harder to determine where the ball is going for defenses. *fingers crossed*

Wing T!!!!!!

It looks as though Mr. Robinson isn't leaving quietly and I would love to know what actually happened behind closed doors and the other players opinions on what is going on.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/jovon-robinson-everything-auburn-coaching-staff-not-seems/

16 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

From what I understand, he's spent the entire off-season getting ready to play tailback. I expect him to be ready.

really? Did they think JR might be an issue that far back, so Pettway was given the task to be ready to run the ball some behind JR anyway? 

Interesting if true...

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Ok. so it's late in a tie game against Clemson. 4th and 1. Who is Gus going to give the ball to now?

JJ up the middle.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

From what I understand, he's spent the entire off-season getting ready to play tailback. I expect him to be ready.

Yea Eddie Lacey is a bigger guy, too, but look what he can do. I'm starting to come around to this whole Pettway idea. I think at the worst, we will have another Peyton Barber. Combine that with the speed of JFIII and Kerryon and we may be ok. Our line is gonna be such a huge factor this year, but we have 5 straight up winners lined up there. 

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I have an idea..... Why not just go with Woody Barrett as the starting QB, move JFIII into the RB slot and get him to put on 10 more lbs. He has world class speed and decent size. He could split time with KJ, Malik, and Martin. Sounds a bit over the edge, but sometimes thinking outside of the box just enough to have a touch of quantum gravity to correct any blips that may occur. I am a bit off tonight folks. I fell down 8 stairs on Monday and broke 4 bones in my right hand, suffered a concussion from hitting the left side of my head when I finally hit the asphalt to end the fall. Also, I have a bruise on my rear right shoulder the size of a cantaloupe. No kidding folks, it really did me in. No more golfing for probably 4 weeks. 

Get well soon. Had a bad fall several years ago. Got over it but took awhile.

So now you guys are make pretending pettway is good. I mean i can understand maybe being positive instead of negative but IMO if he was that good at hb they wouldn't have ever moved him

48 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

really? Did they think JR might be an issue that far back, so Pettway was given the task to be ready to run the ball some behind JR anyway? 

Interesting if true...

I don't think that Robinson had anything to do with it.  I think it was because of Barber and Roc leaving.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Me, I'd put JJ under center and have him follow Braden Smith or Kozan along with the center Golson.   Even against a Clemson, there is enough manpower to get the job done.  What G will probably call is an end around however.

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Me, I'd put JJ under center and have him follow Braden Smith or Kozan along with the center Golson.   Even against a Clemson, there is enough manpower to get the job done.  What G will probably call is an end around however.

Why JJ when you have JFIII?

18 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I think that the reasoning behind JJ is that our other two guys can be blown over with a gust of wind. If JJ has anything going for him, it's that he's so big that it takes more than a cornerback to drag him down.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So now you guys are make pretending pettway is good. I mean i can understand maybe being positive instead of negative but IMO if he was that good at hb they wouldn't have ever moved him

I don't think anybody is pretending he's good. I think people are just looking for best possible scenarios at this point. Our season just took a pretty big hit on the first day of practice -- and it might even be an indication of something rotten happening inside the program as this isn't the first time we've heard something like this. The process of getting back to a balanced mindset for people is going to take a little bit of time.

You have a good point, though. They wouldn't have moved him in the first place if it was his strength.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

We needed another RB when roc left. Need it even worse now.  Pettway was a better fit than Cox. I thought he was a better HB than Cox too but i am in the minority. I don't know how good he will be as RB1 but in a RB committee i like him.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

JJ has actually tackled himself when he had a good path to an important first down conversion. See UGA game.

And he's not exactly fond of contact. 

43 minutes ago, The Freak said:

JJ weighs about 240+ pounds and is about 6'-6.....watched him push his way through a defensive line last season on several occasions....and it's nice to have the size and strength.

You wanted a yard....right? not a breakaway run.

Just now, bigbird said:

Power Rt with SW keeping it on a naked boot left.

Rhett...it that you ? 

Archived