Auburn Football Review: Clemson

RunInRed

It's ok Josh, If y'all had done more to get the offense the ball back Gus would have done more to put that effort to waste.

I especially like how Holsey said that he felt if the defense could of got one more stop for the offense. Man how long has it been since we heard that? But anyway, I don't necessarily like hearing Gus say that we will see more of that wing t Cox spin move...

Gus actually gave the reason for 3 QBs...he says all 3 DESERVE to play. That's not how it works in D1 football. This isn't everyone gets a trophy. 

Also, I've figured out his problem. If you watch him when he is all jacked up during a game (seen at the beginning of this video in the locker room) he is always rubbing his nose. He's on coke!  It explains everything that happened last night.  It explains his demeanor on the sidelines. It explains the crazy play calling.  It explains why he's always chewing gum like crazy.  It explains everything!   It all fits!  (I'm only halfway joking). 

A bad choice of words in the post game speech. Instead of saying "if that's the number 2 team we will be okay" say "let's do what we need to do so we can get another chance at them this year" I'm not trying to be nit picky, but the quote sounds like they weren't confident going into the game.

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

Gus actually gave the reason for 3 QBs...he says all 3 DESERVE to play. That's not how it works in D1 football. This isn't everyone gets a trophy. 

Also, I've figured out his problem. If you watch him when he is all jacked up during a game (seen at the beginning of this video in the locker room) he is always rubbing his nose. He's on coke!  It explains everything that happened last night.  It explains his demeanor on the sidelines. It explains the crazy play calling.  It explains why he's always chewing gum like crazy.  It explains everything!   It all fits!  (I'm only halfway joking). 

It all makes sense  now!!!!

Is anybody else tired of Gus using the same excuse every year "we had a lot of young guys out there."  I mean, this is his fourth year at Auburn.  Every program has new guys to come in to help out, but not every program has the issues we are having on offense.  I appreciate you Gus, but come one, you have had multiple years to recruit and it seems like the offense is regressing every year.

I have always cringed when people throw around terms like "high school coach" when talking about Gus, but after the Clemson game I felt like I was watching a JV football team rec team that it was required to play every QB a certain number of snaps. This whole giving sympathy snaps to certain players BS needs to have stopped 2 years ago. Things like trotting Johnathan Wallace out there at WR when the whole world knows he's not being thrown to like he did in the past. Or giving Kiehl Frazier WR reps in games. Or giving JJ even more opportunities because he deserves to play. This is big time SEC football not private school football with pimple-faced teens. There are so many red flags that have been waving over the past 2 years it looks like things are on very shaky ground offensively right now, which is where our coach's expertise lies. This whole thing is so unbelievable. I don't know when Gus will leave AU but I hope the next guy will not be training on the job and has success running a program as a HC. I have been trying to give Gus a pass for the longest time because of this but at this point it's either get the job done or some changes might have to be made.

Heading into the game I was going to go on how it "felt". I should be happier about how we played but it was such a cluster**** on offense, regardless of the score, that I feel more worry in our O than confidence in our D.

Yes, I'm a little agitated

Archived