So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

Logically, it would make a whole lot more sense to think that, because something happened, the University thought that they had no other choice but to fire him, whether he was guilty or not, to help fan down the fire. But we can just assume that he's a terrible human being, because of rumors. That's the world we live in, after all.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Because he let his players rape women.  You of all people should be against him if that is your daughter in your profile picture.

if what is said about briles is true it would be an insult to every female student, female student athlete,female professor and i am sure many have moms running around there. frank is not here so let me be frank. if auburn hires a known rapist enabler to win more football games i would never get over it in my lifetime. it would devastate me. at least ol bobby had partners that were asked to play instead of forced. i love auburn more than anything. it is a great sense of family pride tho i am abut all that is left standing. to throw honor out the window to won more games would destroy me with college ball. it would steal what little joy i get from it. and lord i hope i am not the only auburn fan that feels the same way.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Logically, it would make a whole lot more sense to think that, because something happened, the University thought that they had no other choice but to fire him, whether he was guilty or not, to help fan down the fire. But we can just assume that he's a terrible human being, because of rumors. That's the world we live in, after all.

This is what I was saying.

last I heard he was still contemplating a counter suit against Baylor for essentially dragging his name through the mud and pitting him as the scapegoat.

im guessing that the investigation is either still going on or Briles has been cleared of all wrong doings. Else he'd be in jail for being an accomplice to rape. 

Either which way, that means he's still innocent. I'd like to know more about it myself but Google hasn't helped me find much about it yet

According to brandon marcello  (live on facebook yesterday)  he was totally against my question about Art Briles coming on as an offensive consultant

I think the idea would be great and give fans something to look forward to. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if what is said about briles is true it would be an insult to every female student, female student athlete,female professor and i am sure many have moms running around there. frank is not here so let me be frank. if auburn hires a known rapist enabler to win more football games i would never get over it in my lifetime. it would devastate me. at least ol bobby had partners that were asked to play instead of forced. i love auburn more than anything. it is a great sense of family pride tho i am abut all that is left standing. to throw honor out the window to won more games would destroy me with college ball. it would steal what little joy i get from it. and lord i hope i am not the only auburn fan that feels the same way.

Who has told you it was true though? The fact that Baylor fired him? I am honestly wondering, I cannot find much proof of Briles wrongdoings. Which is common with a case as they don't release evidence to the public. But people are acting like its a sure fire thing that Briles is guilty. 

Just like they were acting like Eli Jenkins was a woman beater. And then it turned out that he'd just talked the mother of his child....

Maybe Auburn has already contacted Neuhiesel to be HC and he has contacted Briles about being his OC. Sorry you couldn't read it when I added the yellow font.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If he was aware of the accusations, if he had discussions about the incidents, if he had even a hint or notion that his players had committed the crimes and he still chose to let them play ball, then he is not a man I want walking our sidelines.

Baylor had no other choice but to fire him... Public perception and outcry drove  that decision. If they had cause, they wouldn't have settled with him. 

Just now, keesler said:

If he was aware of the accusations, if he had discussions about the incidents, if he had even a hint or notion that his players had committed the crimes and he still chose to let them play ball, then he is not a man I want walking our sidelines.

he is an offensive mind that i would place as high as a petrino.   i can overlook past transgressions 

Just now, bigbird said:

Baylor had no there choice but to fire him... Public perception and outcry drove  that decision. If they had cause, they wouldn't have settled with him. 

This

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It was settled, but get this.  He said he would meet with one of the victims and once the suit was over, never showed up to the meeting.  He only said he would meet with her to help his case.

Looking the other way and not stopping your players is a terrible thing to do.  It is our job as men to protect women from these abuses.  Don't lose your morals because you want a guy who can coach.

I am saying that because I was surprised you would say that.  I have agreed with most if not all of your posts until I saw that one.  I even back you up two weeks ago on another thread.  It is our jobs as boyfriends/husbands/fathers to prevent those crimes from happening.  We, as Auburn men, are better than that to let a player or coach with those actions come in.

I get that but this is all based on pure hypotheticals and speculation. If in anyway it's proven he had anything to do with any of it he's gonna have issues finding a job anywhere but at the same time the subject is extremely touchy and there's been countless men who's lives have been ruined over things like this then years later are found completely innocent. Not to get off topic but look at the Landon Rice situation. His career could be ruined over an accusation. It's alway guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around 

Using this logic, Jovon and Cam were guilty too, because they were accused. Doesn't matter what happened after. Now I am in no way saying that the Cam situation is as serious as Briles, but if the investigators see no reason to prosecute Briles, then we are ignoring the truth and condemning the guy to hell for being a head coach with players who screwed up.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Baylor had no there choice but to fire him... Public perception and outcry drove  that decision. If they had cause, they wouldn't have settled with him. 

Yea sounds fishy to me....You don't pay someone to go away if they did something wrong

Just now, aucoff22 said:

Yea sounds fishy to me....You don't pay someone to go away if they did something wrong

People/businesses do it all the time.   Avoid negative press 

2 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Who has told you it was true though? The fact that Baylor fired him? I am honestly wondering, I cannot find much proof of Briles wrongdoings. Which is common with a case as they don't release evidence to the public. But people are acting like its a sure fire thing that Briles is guilty. 

Just like they were acting like Eli Jenkins was a woman beater. And then it turned out that he'd just talked the mother of his child....

if you notice besides all my typo's i said "if".he lost his job so he needs to do what is right to gain his "good" rep back. i got no problem if he is cleared and then comes over. but to hire him assuming he is not a bad guy is still gambling with the perception of auburn university and i am not for that. auburn is bigger than just football. have you good folks forgotten all the grief we take about taking other teams screw ups? people would have a field day with auburn.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

See Landon Rice for a similar situation closer to home. He could be innocent... he's certainly saying he is... but they had to let him go and let it get sorted out with him off the team. 

Just now, au_bsci_04 said:

If Saban can hire Sark as an annalist, why don't we do the same with Briles. No player involvement. Best $45k we could spend.

"consultant" 

I would like to think that if he can make it through Auburn's "holier-than-thou" coaching search, process, he's clear. Getting hired as a coach at Auburn is up there with picking the pope in background  investigations.

16 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I get that but this is all based on pure hypotheticals and speculation. If in anyway it's proven he had anything to do with any of it he's gonna have issues finding a job anywhere but at the same time the subject is extremely touchy and there's been countless men who's lives have been ruined over things like this then years later are found completely innocent. Not to get off topic but look at the Landon Rice situation. His career could be ruined over an accusation. It's alway guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around 

I do agree there are false accusations out there.  I do agree with you on that.  But what other proof do you need?  For the women to be pregnant, or a video?  We need to believe the women until we have a reason not to.  And there were multiple cases of this happening at Baylor.  It is like at Penn State.  There were multiple cases of child abuse.  Sexual assault is not a chance you want to take.  Look at it this way.  What if you get your wish and Briles becomes a coach here in any capacity.  And what if all of the accusations turn out to be true?  Another example, what if you had a hypothetical daughter attending Auburn right now.  What if she was assaulted by a football player.  And you went to the coach and told him what happened to your daughter.  And he told you, "Well those are just accusations.  Nothing is proven.  I am going to keep letting this guy play because we really need him (like everyone thinks we need a coach)."  I would be pretty pissed at the very least.  Auburn's reputation would be gone forever.  And I would fear for any daughter at Auburn, not knowing if they truly are safe.  

Taking a chance on sexual assault so we can win some football games just doesn't do it for me.

Baylor issued a summary of its report. It was entirely damning. And when interviewed, Briles showed to all the world that he fundamentally doesn't understand what went wrong.

He's untouchable unless more comes out that clears him.

By the way, my fiancee is an employment attorney. People get money to leave all the time, innocent or clean. The woman who oversees that section of Wells Fargo just got $125MM, though that was probably contractual.

Archived