***Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Oh I agree he is the best we have now and you're right that SW stays injured. That doesn't mean JF3's passes have improved any. Besides the throw to Stove, did he have another nice pass?  

One thing I'll say for the 2nd half is that I hope we move the pocket and get him to use his legs if nothing is open. He looks like he feels cramped standing in the pocket. OU is selling to stop the run so we're going to have to move pocket and use his strengths to be successful in the 2nd half, in my opinion.

Have we run any jet sweeps yet? We need to spread their D out more with jet sweeps and some WR screens.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Bird you liked this? OMG, you seriously hurt my feelings. ;D

Thought you would like that?

Bird is right JF3 had one good pass to Stove for a nice gain and a wounded duck that was still completed. He also ran when nothing was open once and picked up 7.  I think they need to continue Zone read with him keeping a couple of times and also some rollouts so he is outside of the pocket and if the pass isn't open he can use his legs.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Actually done both. You? Notsomuch. But nice try.

Yea easy to say on a message board since no one can know. But I think he was talking about playing at a higher level than pop warner. ?

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just going to enjoy JF3 chance to become an Auburn legend.

This is really the only good option here. If he doesn't, all I can do at this point is laugh hysterically at the play calling and complete and total lack of game prep. I hope JF3 breaks through these horrendous coaches and lights it up. He deserves it. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

JFIII needs to calm down, he rushed the 3rd down throw for no reason. Didn't see the play. Just got excited and went with the primary. 

Halftime will help calm his nerves. I think we can be alright so long as our defense isn't on the field the whole half. 

It seems like they're telling JF3 to make one read and either throw it or run.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I didn't say he had another nice pass. But the kid is out there giving his freaking all, and you want to bicker about this. He is all we have. 

Which is why I'm cheering just as loud for him as I did for SW. I don't care who the QB is or the LT as long as we are competitive and win.

War Eagle! 

Go get 'em John!

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bird is right JF3 had one good pass to Stove for a nice gain and a wounded duck that was still completed. He also ran when nothing was open once and picked up 7.  I think they need to continue Zone read with him keeping a couple of times and also some rollouts so he is outside of the pocket and if the pass isn't open he can use his legs.

Wasn't a wounded duck at all. If anything it was high, but throwing high to you're 6'4" guy isn't the worst thing. I'm good with him making one read then running. That can still get us a consistent 2-3 yard

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yea easy to say on a message board since no one can know. But I think he was talking about playing at a higher level than pop warner. ?

You got to Pop Warner?

2 minutes ago, Charhair said:

what did I just read...

He certainly has proven that he will play through injury. Do his pain receptors even function?

Just now, DAG said:

When? After the play in the RZ?

Pretty much.

Gus, you and Lashlee need to open it up. Don't just Pettway up the  middle again and again and again. I  other words turn the playbook to page three, if there is a page three

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh I agree he is the best we have now and you're right that SW stays injured. That doesn't mean JF3's passes have improved any. Besides the throw to Stove, did he have another nice pass?  

The important thing is they´re letting him throw the ball and he hasn´t thrown a pick yet. We can reopen the QB debate but, to quote Hillary, what difference, at this point, does it make? JF3 or Jeremy, take your pick, at least for tonight. At least we with JF3 we get the run/scramble threat.

Just now, milehighfan said:

Gus, you and Lashlee need to open it up. Don't just Pettway up the  middle again and again and again. I  other words turn the playbook to page three, if there is a page three

That's all they have. Seriously. 

I thought we wanted KP to pound them to death......and now not?    make up your minds.....

I'll say this....without SW this year it would have been a train wreck. The guy is a true AU man and a tough sumbitch. That's all I got to say about thay.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That's all they have. Seriously. 

Connect the dots....move to page four. Word find. When done go back to page 1. 

Archived