***Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, AU64 said:

I thought we wanted KP to pound them to death......and now not?    make up your minds.....

Be smart. You cannot win completely one dimensional. Surely you know this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Gus, you and Lashlee need to open it up. Don't just Pettway up the  middle again and again and again. I  other words turn the playbook to page three, if there is a page three

Look, they are going to stack the box and make JF3 throw the ball. Can he? We'll see. I just hope the pee wee coaches understand if he can't.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That's all they have. Seriously. 

Didn't you predict 33-13 OU or something like that with SW going down early.  Just wrong QB. Maybe JF3 will prove your early season prediction correct.  

2 minutes ago, WEagle24 said:

It seems like they're telling JF3 to make one read and either throw it or run.

Seems like it to me too. Still, you have to actually see the play. He's getting to the line and thinking, I'm throwing the wheel route,  and then throwing it blindly.

Slow down, see the play, if the throw isn't there, use your feet. 

Well if he hurt his arm that early that would explain his play later, but surely he learned a lesson about costing the team trying to play injured without telling anyone. . 

2 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

He certainly has proven that he will play through injury. Do his pain receptors even function?

He just stays on the field when he's injured. It takes until the coaches notice it before he's pulled out. I love the kid for his guts and determination to stay out there for his team. But he should have seen (vs Uga) that when he is hurt he's not effective. Let the coaches know.

Just now, autigeremt said:

Connect the dots....move to page four. Word find. When done go back to page 1. 

The problem is page four is a maze and They get lost

The broken arm certainly explains that "duck" he threw. That was what did it for me. Tough kid. 

Media Com is messed up in my area looks like I will be watching the rest of the game on the SEC network greenroom...

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Time for the offensive line to step up!

Time for everyone to step up. This game is winnable! 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I thought we wanted KP to pound them to death......and now not?    make up your minds.....

Our O-line is not good enough to become totally one-dimensional. 

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

He just stays on the field when he's injured. It takes until the coaches notice it before he's pulled out. I love the kid for his guts and determination to stay out there for his team. But he should have seen (vs Uga) that when he is hurt he's not effective. Let the coaches know.

I agree completely. At least it was figured out relatively quickly. In addition to a broken arm, I think his sense of self preservation is badly damaged. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Minds change when things don't go there way. LOL.

It kind of did look like lashlee was telling JF3 to drop back and let the play set up and if he doesn't have a throw he can make to take off.

he definitely told him to drop back and wait for the field to open up based on his hand/body motions

that was right after the offense came off the field for the Carlson kick 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wasn't a wounded duck at all. If anything it was high, but throwing high to you're 6'4" guy isn't the worse thing. I'm good with him making one read then running. That can still get us a consistent 2-3 yard

I thought it looked wobbly in addition to being high but whether I am right or you are isn't important. He is our QB now so we have to let him run a full package that has him throwing the ball and plays that can take advantage of his legs. We can not limit him like we did in the Vandy game. The last two years both with SW when he first replaced JJ and with JF3 in Vandy game and clean up game coaches have simplified the O and not allowed them to be QB's.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You got to Pop Warner?

I see you also did not make it out of high school either or your reading comprehension would be better. You sure your not a lost uat fan on the wrong board ? WDE

Archived