Did you know? (Chip Lindsey's offense)

abw0004

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

We will see in the fall. Trust me...do you think the play book will be used in the spring? heck no...so I dont expect to get much info from a CL offense. The best is to watch routes and a sample size of the plays called.

CL better not piss away an entire spring without implementing his playbook for the fall.  That's the way we've done the past, vanilla spring and 3 - 4 games to figure out the offense in the fall.  Recipe for continued failure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

CL better not piss away an entire spring without implementing his playbook for the fall.  That's the way we've done the past, vanilla spring and 3 - 4 games to figure out the offense in the fall.  Recipe for continued failure.

I think what Eagle is getting at is that WE won't get to see it, not that the players won't be learning it.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

In 2014, even with the fall of at the end of the season, Gus was still a hot commodity and we were going into 2015 ranked pretty high. This year, 8-5 with the Sugar Bowl has been received with a collective "meh" by the football masses, and no other schools are gunning for Gus as their head coach.

I wouldn't doubt that the timing of when Gus's extension in 2015 was announced had something to do with recruiting.  Jacobs was holding it as a celebratory thing, since we were supposed to be amazing that season, and when that didn't pan out, it was a nice way of showing support for Gus when our rivals were continually pushing the "hot seat" idea at our recruits.

Jacobs weaseled his way around until June when the AU Lady Tigers made it to the Softball World Series to make the announcement of the Gus contract extension.  Way to sneak around and let that contract news go public when all AU fans were over the B'ham Bowl win and we were pre-occupied with the Lady Tigers.  :cool:

35 minutes ago, keesler said:

Jacobs weaseled his way around until June when the AU Lady Tigers made it to the Softball World Series to make the announcement of the Gus contract extension.  Way to sneak around and let that contact news go public when all AU fans were over the B'ham Bowl win and we were pre-occupied with the Lady Tigers.  :cool:

Yup... that's why businesses wait until there's lots of other news before releasing down numbers or controversial info. The old "soften the blow" trick.

49 minutes ago, keesler said:

Jacobs weaseled his way around until June when the AU Lady Tigers made it to the Softball World Series to make the announcement of the Gus contract extension.  Way to sneak around and let that contact news go public when all AU fans were over the B'ham Bowl win and we were pre-occupied with the Lady Tigers.  :cool:

Do you think that Jacobs gives extensions and raises without the approval of the PTB? Was the raise/extension in 2015 or 2016? We were in he softball World Series in 2016.

1 hour ago, imaolgatiger said:

Do you think that Jacobs gives extensions and raises without the approval of the PTB? Was the raise/extension in 2015 or 2016? We were in he softball World Series in 2016.

Not sure what you are asking?  Of course coaching contract extensions require approval of the BOT and any other PTB that are within the system.

Gus' contract extension was negotiated and approved by the BOT sometime in mid-late Summer 2015.  AU and most media folks were bracing for a huge AU season with Heisman hopeful Jeremy Johnson and returning some very talented players AND we had hot shot Will Muschamp on staff to save the defense.  We were riding high pre-season as we waited with baited breath for Jay to flip the switch on the $13.9mm AubieTron!!!!

The 2015 season started off rocky as hell with us going to OT vs Jax State, then we tallied losses to LSU & MSU to land the team 2-2 for September.  NOT a good time to announce Gus was getting an extension.  

Then we went on to tally 2 losses in October to Arky & OleMiss.  NOT a good time to announce an extension.  

So we roll on to rack up 2 more losses in Nov to our most hated rivals ending the season with a piss poor record of 6-6 with an invite to the B'ham Bowl in a stadium many AU fans said they'd never step foot in again.   Definitely NOT a good time to announce that your 6-6 HC was getting an extension.  

In the wake of the win over Memphis and finishing last in the division, many AU people/fans/PTB/donors/BOT were more than a little heated about the mind boggling season we had just witnessed.  

So, Jacobs waited until I suppose what he felt like was a suitable time to announce the contract extension when all AU fans had cooled off from the previous season AND it just happened to coincide with the Lady Tigers heading to the WCWS on 6/6/16.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Not sure what you are asking?  Of course coaching contract extensions require approval of the BOT and any other PTB that within the system.

Gus' contract extension was negotiated and approved by the BOT sometime in mid-late Summer 2015.  AU and most media folks were bracing for a huge AU season with Heisman hopeful Jeremy Johnson and returning some very talented players AND we had hot shot Will Muschamp on staff to save the defense.  We were riding high pre-season as we waited with baited breath for Jay to flip the switch on the $13.9mm AubieTron!!!!

The 2015 season started off rocky as hell with us going to OT vs Jax State, then we tallied losses to LSU & MSU to land the team 2-2 for September.  NOT a good time to announce Gus was getting an extension.  

Then we went on to tally 2 losses in October to Arky & OleMiss.  NOT a good time to announce an extension.  

So we roll on to rack up 2 more losses in Nov to our most hated rivals ending the season with a piss poor record of 6-6 with an invite to the B'ham Bowl in a stadium many AU fans said they'd never step foot in again.   Definitely NOT a good time to announce that your 6-6 HC was getting an extension.  

In the wake of the win over Memphis and finishing last in the division, many AU people/fans/PTB/donors/BOT were more than a little heated about the mind boggling season we had just witnessed.  

So, Jacobs waited until I suppose what he felt like was a suitable time to announce the contract extension when all AU fans had cooled off from the previous season AND it just happened to coincide with the Lady Tigers heading to the WCWS on 6/6/16.

I didn't know when the announcement was made or when the contract was extended. I honestly thought it was in 2015 that he got the extension, so excuse me for not knowing and asking. The post that you replied to said that it was 2015 and I knew that the girls were in the CWS last year(2016). I don't follow this type of thing, The PTB/donors/BOT that you mentioned above and said were heated, put up the money and approved it. So I was trying to understand why Jay was the weasel for announcing it, the timing, etc. when he wasn't solely responsible for it. 

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

He will surely implement it during all the spring practices, but in no way is he or Gus going to show much at the Spring game, as that will only allow other teams to know those plays and help them in practicing defending them. 

Archived