Is this the most anticlimactic recruiting season ever?

lionheartkc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Losing"Matthews somehow doesn't surprise me at all. If we could get Taylor and Johnson I'd be thrilled. A safety sure would be nice (still sad about Hunter and Avery) and maybe an OL. Another RB would be ok but can't imagine where we'd get one at this stage. If we could just magically produce a 5* DT for NSD?.....

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, not a huge loss. We are stacked up at RB. We have great talent and great recruits. I'm okay not using a spot on a position that's not really needed. I'd rather take another Safety, TE, or WDE in that order.

Or a surprise flip of Cam Akers on signing day...

No... I'm not giving up.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Or a surprise flip of Cam Akers on signing day...

No... I'm not giving up.

I guess that would work too. ?

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I vote we replace him with Tre McKitty now that we are actually using TE's again.

Sucks that all the players we want are already enrolled at Florida State... 

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's at least worth a shot to try. We were close to #1 on his board for a long time. Us and Oregon which turned out to be a big dumpster fire.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

...or didn't make this move a month earlier

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

It's at least worth a shot to try. We were close to #1 on his board for a long time. Us and Oregon which turned out to be a big dumpster fire.

Wouldn't he have to sit a year if he switched now?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Wouldn't he have to sit a year if he switched now?

Isn't he still in high school? I would assume the answer is no unless he already enrolled in which case there would be no reason to pursue him.

Just now, thaitopher said:

Isn't he still in high school? I would assume the answer is no unless he already enrolled in which case there would be no reason to pursue him.

No... both McKitty and Acres have already enrolled at FSU.  That was my point.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

No... both McKitty and Acres have already enrolled at FSU.  That was my point.

Gotcha. I didn't realize that when I made my suggestion.

I like the MIssState commit Kylin Hill, I would be ok with him flipping. I don't understand why he wasn't on our list/board, to begin with or did he not show any interest?

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

He should be happy this cycle.

I would have been had we offered and landed the Johnston kid from Spanish Fort at LB. Now, not so ecstatic but still much better than those unbelievable years between 2010 and 2014. Those were years when our recruiters acted like the LB position was being phased out of football!

5 hours ago, Southwest said:

I like the MIssState commit Kylin Hill, I would be ok with him flipping. I don't understand why he wasn't on our list/board, to begin with or did he not show any interest?

That's the guy I was talking about earlier in this thread. He looked like the best back on the field during the mississippi/alabama all-star game.

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

That's the guy I was talking about earlier in this thread. He looked like the best back on the field during the mississippi/alabama all-star game.

Jason Smith was easily the best WR in the game a few years ago too. That game does not necessarily hold water to future success.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Jason Smith was easily the best WR in the game a few years ago too. That game does not necessarily hold water to future success.

lets hope that holds true with henry ruggs.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lets hope that holds true with henry ruggs.

Did he do anything besides the kickoff? Jason had 7 catches for 134 yards & 2 TDs.

And I don't care if it holds true for Ruggs if he goes to FSU as it's starting to look.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Did he do anything besides the kickoff? Jason had 7 catches for 134 yards & 2 TDs.

And I don't care if it holds true for Ruggs if he goes to FSU as it's starting to look.

I thought he was killing it in practices all week and had a td in the game perhaps??? IDK did not catch the game. I thought this was one of the main reasons 247 bumped him up to their number 1 rated wr in their rankings. I dont hate fsu as much as thuga and bama buuuuuuuuut I hope they lose every game because of 2013 so I do still care if he goes there!

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought he was killing it in practices all week and had a td in the game perhaps??? IDK did not catch the game. I thought this was one of the main reasons 247 bumped him up to their number 1 rated wr in their rankings.

You're talking the Army All Star game. We are talking the Alabama Mississippi All Star game.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

5'11 205. Hardnosed physical runner with good vision and speed. He runs through arm tackles and gets north and south quick. Also has some nice receptions in his highlight film. He will be a thorn in our side with Fitzgerald running the zone read when we face them.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

You're talking the Army All Star game. We are talking the Alabama Mississippi All Star game.

what I meant is that they used practices and games as one of the factors for bumping him to the most highly rated wr. Not just the army game.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

True, but how much does that also equate to the offense we run? I think we are the top school(SEC) for longest drought without a 1,000-yard receiver. Kylin has shown great talent during the season along with the A/M game. jmo

On 1/25/2017 at 5:05 PM, Beaker said:

hearsay is poor, but I heard our LB class is top 2.  I have to think out OL has to be pretty well regarded with the JUCO added in there.  Seems like the only gaping hole is DE.  We may not be top 10 overall, but we got the top QB (must be - he is proven and has experience) to go with some crazy LB and OL.   

Truth!  I like this class. It fills a lot of needs. QBs!!  LBs!! And OL!  I really hope we keep DBarrett.  He could be a Heisman winner in this offense.

It is not a good DL class, which can't happen very often, but as E has pointed out several times, there's just not as much DL talent out there this year. 

Our secondary class is OK, but I really wish it was considerably better. 

WR wasn't much of a need this year. 

If we're #12ish this year, and that is the exception, meaning we are back in the top 5-6 next year, we'll be fine. If 12-15 ever starts to become the norm again, we will need to reevaluate. 

Archived