Dameyune Craig fired

TitanTiger

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But Orgeron didn't fire all the old coaches.  

I understand. But the gist is most coaches don't stay with new HCs unless they are at a lower level coaching position. Orgeron evidently wanted someone different in that position.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I understand. But the gist is most coaches don't stay with new HCs unless they are at a lower level coaching position. Orgeron evidently wanted someone different in that position.

Someone who's not a pain in the ass apparently.

9 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Oh great and Bama is in need of a WR coach.

Yep... better hope that doesn't happen.  Would be bad for us...

Hopefully, Locksley will assume that role for bammer...?

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

If he ends up at UAT, I'm done.

When you're staring at no paycheck, virtually everything is on the table.  Of course, he had a 2-year contract at LSU that they had to buyout, so he's got at least one year of salary still coming, so he can afford to wait if he wants to.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I wish Gus would hire Dameyune Craig back as Special Teams coach & TE coach. Our Special Teams was not so special last year.

He's never coached special teams.  Why would this be such an upgrade?

I like DC and think that he is a great recruiter, but our receivers looked terrible under his coaching. I wish him the best, but he didn't have to take a shot at Gus or Auburn as he left. This firing gives me comfort that the issue wasn't just Gus, as some have claimed. There also seems to be some reasons that he has never really been a QB coach or stayed at one school for very long. 

I hope that he doesn't go to the turds because my opinion of him would change even more. However, their recruiting is already about as good as it gets and their receivers may suck.

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I like DC and think that he is a great recruiter, but our receivers looked terrible under his coaching. I wish him the best, but he didn't have to take a shot at Gus or Auburn as he left. This firing gives me comfort that the issue wasn't just Gus, as some have claimed. There also seems to be some reasons that he has never really been a QB coach or stayed at one school for very long. 

News at 6

26 minutes ago, Altima said:

Yep... better hope that doesn't happen.  Would be bad for us...

Hopefully, Locksley will assume that role for bammer...?

I think this was somewhat orchestrated by LSU because they knew he would be leaving for UAT.  They just tried to save face by firing him before he resigned.  I believe he will be announced at bammer in some capacity within the next couple of days.  Sucks for us because it will be another PR nightmare similar to when James Willis crossed enemy lines.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Am I wrong for preferring Bama to hire Kodi away from us than to hire the newly fired Craig?

Can't answer to those particular druthers but, personally, kind'a

lookin' forward to a year of staff continuity?

15 minutes ago, Gibson SG said:

I think this was somewhat orchestrated by LSU because they knew he would be leaving for UAT.  They just tried to save face by firing him before he resigned.  I believe he will be announced at bammer in some capacity within the next couple of days.  Sucks for us because it will be another PR nightmare similar to when James Willis crossed enemy lines.

While I hate to see it happen, because it would be the one thing that he could do to make the majority of the Auburn family close the door to him for good, it would probably be the best thing for his career. If the little general can't get him in line and help him move up the ladder... no one can. Signing up for Saban's staff is like going in the army.  You're going to fall in line or be out on your a**.  You'll probably hate ever second of working from him, but if you can work for him, you can work for anyone.

It's kind of like the football version of The Devil Wears Prada... You can speculate amongst yourselves who on bama's staff is Stanley Tucci. 

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Can't answer to those particular druthers but, personally, kind'a

lookin' forward to a year of staff continuity?

That's fair. I personally wouldn't sacrifice quality on staff for continuity but continuity has it's positives too.

I'd rather have Burns any day of the week over Craig. Yall are crazy to rather have DC. He was a terrible receiver coach the WRs look much better under Burns. A good recruiter doesn't mean a good coach. 

3 minutes ago, GordoAU said:

I'd rather have Burns any day of the week over Craig. Yall are crazy to rather have DC. He was a terrible receiver coach the WRs look much better under Burns. A good recruiter doesn't mean a good coach. 

If you polled every P5 head coach I think you could count on 1 hand how many guys would hire Kodi over Craig.

Recruiting is part of the job description of a coach.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If you polled every P5 head coach I think you could count on 1 hand how many guys would hire Kodi over Craig.

Posts like that makes me laugh after we lose and everybody start the fire every coach post because the other players were bigger, tougher, ready to play, etc......no they were just better players to begin with.....I'm telling you we as a school love throwing a two or three star out there so he can be a favorite and an "Auburn" man.....then when reality sets everybody wants to get mad at the coach Smh

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Burns is unproven but there were far fewer dropped passes this year. Craig was coaching beasts like Coates, Duke and Louis who all dropped the ball like it was covered in butter. Coates even admitted his coaching at Auburn was sub par. Burns did get a 4 star even though we didn't need more WRs.

4 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Bham radio guys seem to think it's likely.  

WDE!

Ummm... do I need to say anything other than the highlight?

7 minutes ago, GordoAU said:

Burns is unproven but there were far fewer dropped passes this year. Craig was coaching beasts like Coates, Duke and Louis who all dropped the ball like it was covered in butter. Coates even admitted his coaching at Auburn was sub par. Burns did get a 4 star even though we didn't need more WRs.

A coach can't catch the ball for them. @cole256 has mentioned ad nauseam that everyone runs the same WR catching drills. There are no "secret drills" I believe is his phrase. You're either born with hands or you're not. You can improve them marginally but you're pretty much either skilled at catching or you're not. But still, lets just say the WRs at AU performed better under Kodi's leadership than Craig's. I still think you couldn't find >5 power 5 head coaches who would hire Kodi over Craig today. 

Archived