Marshall Taylor finally opens up on incident that led to Jovon's dismissal

TitanTiger

55 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

This.  And why don't the reporters ask GM about it and make him at least stammer and stumble around looking for a way to "deflect" the question.  No excuse whatsoever for him to be on campus much less the athletics area.

Not splitting hairs, but hanging out "around" the athletic facilities is not the same thing as hanging out "in" the athletic facilities.  Don't see where any of this is Gus's fault. If you remember, Jovon wasn't allowed to participate.  If Gus had let him participate I would have had an issue. 

13 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That last bolded statement is pretty big, too!  Could it be that Jovon let him take a beating and didn't jump in to try and help him?

Exactly my issue. Although I don't condone messing with a married woman, under any circumstances, I've seen numerous times in the Army where married woman women don't exactly advertise they are married, until they get caught.  Anyhow, I won't Rush to judgement on that (although it certainly is incriminating), he definitely screwed over his teammate and potentially endangered his life.  

Either way, getting rid of him was addition through subtraction.

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

easy...moral high horse.....sounds like the one you are riding.

As Mikey wisely stated some years ago....."all the schools fish in the same pond" ...and mostly catch the same kind of fish. 

We might like to think AU is different but ....sometimes we are just more fortunate than other schools.... but over time, everyone reverts to the mean.

Whole story is not entirely clear, for fairly obvious reasons. It would seem, however, that one reverted to pretty damn' "mean."

Sigh...

I don't understand or really care to understand why you would do this to someone you consider a teammate, but we are worlds better off without someone incapable of making better decisions. PERIOD.

Once again, it shows that you (sadly) never know with these guys. Jovon seemed like a great guy until he got here.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Once again, it shows that you (sadly) never know with these guys. Jovon seemed like a great guy until he got here.

The funny thing is this is not the case. We knew what we were getting with JR.  Just like we knew what we were getting with Duke Williams . Duke had a history of being a hot head previous to coming to AU. JR also had his own dealings prior to being on the plains with the Memphis scandal. However, talent can only take you so far.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The funny thing is this is not the case. We knew what we were getting with JR.  Just like we knew what we were getting with Duke Williams . Duke had a history of being a hot head previous to coming to AU. JR also had his own dealings prior to being on the plains with the Memphis scandal. However, talent can only take you so far.

That Memphis scandal had Trooper Taylor's fingerprints, handprints and footprints all over it.

wde

5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

That Memphis scandal had Trooper Taylor's fingerprints, handprints and footprints all over it.

wde

No scandal!  Damit 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean, he had those issues, but they technically weren't the product of him having a bad attitude. I remember this board gushing over his "if people are still talking about TJ Yeldon in a few years I haven't done my job" comment. Regardless, as far as players that seem like saints turning into bad apples--particularly inanely talented ones--Dyer still burns me to this day.

Damn, that was a really bad stretch of luck with RBs. Tre Mason was quite the phoenix.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

No scandal!  Damit 

So he didn't have a grade on his transcript changed? And a counselor didn't fall on their sword afterwards and resign or get terminated?  My memory isn't as good as it used to be.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, AU-24 said:

Wow, just wow! I guess this is where we are as a society. I thought Auburn was different.

Ha Ha. I grew up in the Auburn area, and trust me , there is a lot of married woman dating going on in our little town, and has been for a looooong time.

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

So he didn't have a grade on his transcript changed? And a counselor didn't fall on their sword afterwards and resign or get terminated?  My memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Let's stick with the findings we have. If we were involved JR will let it out as revenge.

56 minutes ago, alexava said:

Let's stick with the findings we have. If we were involved JR will let it out as revenge.

Hey, didn't mean to imply it was Auburn responsible for it, because many were recruiting Jovon.  Heck, it could have been someone else doing it just to keep us from getting him and forcing him to go to JUCO.  All I meant is that there was scandal around Jovon, like a LOT of players in the Memphis area.

3 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ha Ha. I grew up in the Auburn area, and trust me , there is a lot of married woman dating going on in our little town, and has been for a looooong time.

I took a road less traveled by?

I was fixated on a (particular) dating woman who (eventually) married.

Smh, can't believe he would leave him unconscious. I knew the set him up to get jumped rumor was made up though. It sound like a story a person makes up because they imagine a life style but aren't really aware of it actually

On 3/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, shabby said:

No you didn't. you think Auburn is some magical land where kids don't have sex, smoke weed and make stupid decisions? Sleeping with a married woman is a stupid decision. Leaving a team mate unconscious after carrying him and dropping him off is a whole new level. If you can't see the difference between those two acts than perhaps you should get off your moral high horse and come live in the real world for a moment. 

Pretty sure he was talking about the fact that you don't care at all about his dating a married woman, not Auburn as a whole because he was dating a married woman. Yes it happens, but the disturbing part is the acceptance of it.  Of course the other part of the story is worse, but it doesn't lessen the first part and the fact that people aren't bothered by it.  That's the society he is speaking of. A society accepting of adultery. 

On 3/11/2017 at 0:59 PM, shabby said:

No you didn't. you think Auburn is some magical land where kids don't have sex, smoke weed and make stupid decisions? Sleeping with a married woman is a stupid decision. Leaving a team mate unconscious after carrying him and dropping him off is a whole new level. If you can't see the difference between those two acts than perhaps you should get off your moral high horse and come live in the real world for a moment. 

I've lived all over the world. Not just visited but lived. Most Auburn people are more moral and different. Sorry if you disagree.

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

Pretty sure he was talking about the fact that you don't care at all about his dating a married woman, not Auburn as a whole because he was dating a married woman. Yes it happens, but the disturbing part is the acceptance of it.  Of course the other part of the story is worse, but it doesn't lessen the first part and the fact that people aren't bothered by it.  That's the society he is speaking of. A society accepting of adultery. 

Bingo!

How far was this "party" from AU? I remember reading when this whole thing went down that this beat down took place in GA. Does that mean Robinson was road tripping and crossing state lines with an unconscious, lifeless body in his car? That is scary stuff. And how did he sneak an unconscious body into the dorms? It's not like Taylor is some sleeping 4 year old he can just carry to his bedroom. How long was MT knocked out for? Such a crazy story...

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

How far was this "party" from AU? I remember reading when this whole thing went down that this beat down took place in GA. Does that mean Robinson was road tripping and crossing state lines with an unconscious, lifeless body in his car? That is scary stuff. And how did he sneak an unconscious body into the dorms? It's not like Taylor is some sleeping 4 year old he can just carry to his bedroom. How long was MT knocked out for? Such a crazy story...

Columbus is in Ga - about 30-40 minutes away from Auburn. It is crazy when you start thinking of details like what is quoted above. 

Before this story "broke," a friend shared basically the same story (only slightly different) that he heard from a player's family. I was sworn to secrecy and because well, #hearsay. It rattled me for a couple of days - how could someone do that to their teammate?! I didn't hear that it was in Columbus (I live here) though. Still makes me sick to my stomach. 

10 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Columbus is in Ga - about 30-40 minutes away from Auburn. It is crazy when you start thinking of details like what is quoted above. 

Before this story "broke," a friend shared basically the same story (only slightly different) that he heard from a player's family. I was sworn to secrecy and because well, #hearsay. It rattled me for a couple of days - how could someone do that to their teammate?! I didn't hear that it was in Columbus (I live here) though. Still makes me sick to my stomach. 

Seems like something from a movie almost. Dark vibes all around. Glad Gus wasted no time in kicking him out.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

This whole thread makes me feel like I had such a boring Auburn experience. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

This whole thread makes me feel like I had such a boring Auburn experience. 

LOL you and the rest of us

Except for those running around with the married women ;)

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOL you and the rest of us

Except for those running around with the married women ;)

My adventures were limited to running out of gas in my piece of crap '74 Mustang and duct taping my trailer windows in Gentilly every winter. Who knew transporting unconscious bodies in your trunk was an option?

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My adventures were limited to running out of gas in my piece of crap '74 Mustang and duct taping my trailer windows in Gentilly every winter. Who knew transporting unconscious bodies in your trunk was an option?

:laugh: I guess we just weren't creative enough. I feel so cheated.

Archived