2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

42 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I get the same feeling as well. This article makes it seem like this is a UGA and FSU battle. I hope that feeling is wrong. Kirby can recruit but can he provide the offensive scheme to JF that AU can. 

Completely agree. That seems to the best interpretation. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Completely agree. That seems to the best interpretation. 

Yeah but all that other stuff Sentell asked JF about that look to be positives for FSU & UGA like relationships with current prospects & players JF never said they were factors in his decision. The 2 things he did say were a factor favor AU if we have a good season.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Good read from DawgNation FWIW. Some positives for each school. I got some of the mom/stepmom particulars wrong. My apologies.

The part I highlighted Orange sounds like he's talking about AU & looks important. It echoes what 23, WDE & other connected AU people have said on various message boards. He wouldn't have to wait to really see how the season goes for FSU or UGA. You know what you are getting with FSU and there ain't much changing there. You know what you are getting at UGA with Smart & he's pretty safe for now only being in his 2nd year as a HC.

He said that he will commit when "he knows" so it could surely be before this season. Of course his dad, the most important person to appease, likes UGA a lot and likes fsu because of qb history...and there's no mention of AU as for as parents concerns... Don't like that. But then again he says his dad doesn't care...Good night smh. If we are one of the schools that's tied, who do you think is the other?

I think it would do everyone on this board good to temper expectations down and wait this one out. 

6 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think it would do everyone on this board good to temper expectations down and wait this one out. 

You know good and well that's not what we do here

His top 3 are AU, FSU, and uga. 

His pro-uga comments were about family and geography. My guess is he feels outside pressure in favor of uga but that is not where he wants to go in his heart. 

Therefore, my guess is the 2 teams that are tied are AU and FSU. When "he knows" and is ready to commit will be if/when AU balls out on O. If yes, the commitment will be for AU. If no, the commitment will be for FSU. 

My $.02. TIFWIW

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. But it's like the TOM Petty song, "The waiting is the hardest part." :dunno:

Best thing to do to avoid a "Breakdown" if he did go in a different direction. Great songs by the way :)

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Best thing to do to avoid a "Breakdown" if he did go in a different direction. Great songs by the way :)

I wish the kid would stop draggin my heart around, but I get it. Our offense is just learning to fly and he's got to see how it goes. If we don't do well, then we willl be Free Fallin and he won't come around here no more. But Gus Won't Back Down. He's going to keep Runnin Down a Dream.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wish the kid would stop draggin my heart around, but I get it. Our offense is just learning to fly and he's got to see how it goes. If we don't do well, then we willl be Free Fallin and he won't come around here no more. But Gus Won't Back Down. He's going to keep Runnin Down a Dream.

Can't like six times but well done. 

Now that it looks like we've lost out on White and Fields may very well commit to either FSU or Georgia, this looks like another year that we didn't lock down a top notch QB when Malzahn had the chance to.

11 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I get the same feeling as well. This article makes it seem like this is a UGA and FSU battle. I hope that feeling is wrong. Kirby can recruit but can he provide the offensive scheme to JF that AU can. 

I got a different feeling from the article. I read is as an FSU/AU battle with a reporter who was trying very hard to spin it in Georgia's favor.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

His pro-uga comments were about family and geography. 

And were very much guided by the questions he was asked.

10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Now that it looks like we've lost out on White and Fields may very well commit to either FSU or Georgia, this looks like another year that we didn't lock down a top notch QB when Malzahn had the chance to.

You're so right! 

giphy.gif

I don't believe Fields was talking about this being a FSU & Auburn battle, I read it as saying he's gonna pick between FSU & GA.

28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I got a different feeling from the article. I read is as an FSU/AU battle with a reporter who was trying very hard to spin it in Georgia's favor.

This. I felt like the questions he was asked were almost baiting him to be favorable with UGA. Whatever gets you clicks. I might just be a little biased though.

32 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

1 minute ago, AU_256 said:

This. I felt like the questions he was asked were almost baiting him to be favorable with UGA. Whatever gets you clicks. I might just be a little biased though.

I haven't read what y'all are talking about, but I do know that the uga beat is as hardcore homer as it gets. Maybe it's the Larry Munson effect. (FTR, I have *no* problem with Larry Munson. He wasn't a journalist.)

12 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Thanks Ellitor.  We will be coming stateside next fall and I hope to attend my first Auburn football game or two.  Been a fan since Bo's freshman year and have never been to a game.  Will be bringing my teenage daughter to the games as well so we can visit the campus.  She could be a future Tiger soon.

Never been to game, well it is about time you went. If you love Auburn now just wait to you get in that stadium and the atmosphere is electric and you will say why did I wait so long. Hope you can get tickets to a big game for your first time. There is nothing like it.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Oh bother. Keep the faith. 

eeyore-1.gif

1 hour ago, AU_256 said:

This 100%. Didn't mention AU because he wasn't asked about AU much like FSU and uga. Take anything Sentell writes with a grain of salt. Sentall is telling people that Fields is going to uga and is recruiting for uga. Proglem is, he isn't.  

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Everything said by journalists and prognosticators happens. Just ask Hillary Clinton.

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

^^This^^ Chuck got his panties in a wad a like time ago when TT got fired. He's no help to AU and has zero inside info on AU.

Chuck does not hate AU like some have said. He went to AU and cheers for AU. He really is not a recruiting junkie. His knowledge is really about players already playing for teams. He is not a UGA homer either. He does talk about UGA a lot because most of the listeners have a lot if interest in UGA. He is playing up to the listeners. Many posters on the AU Family recruiting thread know more about how AU sits with recruits than Chuck does. It's an ATL based radio station, so when they talk recruiting they usually have a UGA person report on it. 

Chuck is not going to refute something the UGA recruiting guru says. He wants to keep the relationship. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Joey Gatewood, mid 4* prospect, #108 nationally, Elite 11 Finalist...is COMMITTED to AU! The only issue is development, JF now vs. JG future. Let's not act like its a sinking ship. If we miss on JF, we take care of business next year with Nix. Given that we have yet to show why a QB of Field's caliber should even entertain us as an option, it's pretty good we are a finalist, no?

25 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Joey Gatewood, mid 4* prospect, #108 nationally, Elite 11 Finalist...is COMMITTED to AU! The only issue is development, JF now vs. JG future. Let's not act like its a sinking ship. If we miss on JF, we take care of business next year with Nix. Given that we have yet to show why a QB of Field's caliber should even entertain us as an option, it's pretty good we are a finalist, no?

Some of us have never seen a boat that didn't have a hole in the bottom of it. 

Archived