***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

How do you think Saban would handle that? Just curious.  I don't think he'd tolerate this garbage.  

Tolerate how?  If Bama turned it over five times what’s he going to do, murder them on the sideline?

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Ole Miss = Mercer? 

I'm not pointing to the team.  I'm pointing to the fact that execution problems happen sometime, especially at the college level no matter who you are.  Believe me, I think it's sad today, but overall the play calling has been better.  It's just been a bad day for ball security.

Just now, Tiger96 said:

pettway has ran it 34 times for an average of 3.8 ypc... 

Without him at this point we likely lose. He has made the plays when we needed him say what you will. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Tolerate how?  If Bama turned it over five times what’s he going to do, murder them on the sideline?

He would if the Bammer fanbase would let him. I wouldn't be giving them ideas.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I would bet they would have thought it was murder.... Just Sayin... 

Not Sure if this is been said or not, but Stidham HAS to keep the ball every once in a while just to keep the defense honest if they are gonna run the offense. They are crashing on KP every time.  There is a guy he could pitch it to, or could run a different back every once and a while. This is plain bad coaching. WR coaching (sorry Kody), scheme blocking (Hand), and play calling (?). 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

They'd run till they puked and the second and third stringers would play till someone didn't play like that,

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Are passes into the end zone allowed still?

NEVER in the red zone with gus. 

3 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

Without him at this point we likely lose. He has made the plays when we needed him say what you will. 

Not saying he hasn't made the plays. Just crazy how low is ypc is 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not pointing to the team.  I'm pointing to the fact that execution problems happen sometime, especially at the college level no matter who you are.  Believe me, I think it's sad today, but overall the play calling has been better.  It's just been a bad day for ball security.

I agree. I think we have the talent but everyone was asleep today. Good thing we play a not so great defense next week so we still have time to sort it out 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’d love to be pissed at Gus, but we’ve thrown the ball well. Studham is like 31 of 36 for 357 yds so we haven’t just been playing grind it out. But Gus isn’t fumbling or committing asinine penalties. 

Actually, it IS the team that Gus has supposedly prepared, hired his hand picked assistants to help him coach to this level of ineptitude that is fumbling and committing asinine penalties against freaking Mercer.  What other HC in the SEC other than possibly Sumlin or the Mizzou coach is more over their head than Gus.  Execution and lack there of is always on coaching overall.  There can be a play or few where you can blame the players, but when it is systemic like we have with Rainman, then the players are not the problem.

wde

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Are passes into the end zone allowed still?

Our redzone pratices consist of run right, run right, wildcat. Repeat. 

2 minutes ago, saminbama said:

We can't play the entire season with 1 RB.  I don't get it.

Don't get that either ... :dunno:

Archived