***Auburn vs. Mississippi State -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts from the game

For those wondering, I think the boos really are what caused gus to go for it instead of the FG

Stop making KJ the only back

The wildcat has served its purpose, stop it unless you’re going to vary it. That’s 3rd and 1 wildcat killed us as far as momentum

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

We are still going to win this game comfortably.  However; Gus needs work.

wde

HEY HEY!!!! I wish! but then stuff like that can happen easily at the end of the half

Just now, j0hnnyRingo said:

I just want the defense to come out fired up after giving up that last drive.  They need to come out even more hyped up than they were to start the game.

What worries me is it seems like we can't get pressure on the QB without blitzing and when we blitz if we don't get there it turns into a big play by the other team.  

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Disappointed we ran out the clock. Afraid of making a mistake.  

Look I love Stidham. I love the way he smiles. At the same time, I'm not a fan of Gus. Yet I can still understand. They have the ball coming out of the half, but the last thing you want is Stidham standing back there and getting sacked while fumbling and them running it back for a touchdown. Then it's 21-17 and they get the ball after the half. 

I agree Gus has become to conservative, his call to kick from a foot or so out, to running right up the middle after KJs long run. 

But MSU had all the momentum, it was the right call.

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Its a friggin message board dude.  People vent.  This ain't the down home feel good board, its the Auburn football board.  If people want to vent and complain they can. If you don't like it then leave the damn board.  

Sports are here for our entertainment. Be entertained. Go ahead and vent and complain, but you sound like a spoiled a**hole. Two weeks ago we had this chalked up as a loss. We're leading with an defense that hasn't given up even close to the amount of points our offense has scored so far.

6 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Well, the bright side I had Auburn winning this game 24-10...it could still happen 

Dear football God's please don't let this be the case. Imagine how boring that would be

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Look I love Stidham. I love the way he smiles. At the same time, I'm not a fan of Gus. Yet I can still understand. They have the ball coming out of the half, but the last thing you want is Stidham standing back there and getting sacked while fumbling and them running it back for a touchdown. Then it's 21-17 and they get the ball after the half. 

I agree Gus has become to conservative, his call to kick from a foot or so out, to running right up the middle after KJs long run. 

The fact that we don’t pull an RB after a long run is mind boggling

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

If Gus goes into his shell again in the 2nd half he needs psychiatric help.  I know some people. 

He needs electro-shock

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Great first half. Let's see how our coaches are make needed adjustments to put this one away. 

What are these half time adjustments you speak of? I haven't seen them in years are you sure the NCAA allows them still?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

My thoughts from the game

For those wondering, I think the boos really are what caused gus to go for it instead of the FG

Stop making KJ the only back

The wildcat has served its purpose, stop it unless you’re going to vary it. That’s 3rd and 1 wildcat killed us as far as momentum

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree they did.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Sports are here for our entertainment. Be entertained. Go ahead and vent and complain, but you sound like a spoiled a**hole. Two weeks ago we had this chalked up as a loss. We're leading with an defense that hasn't given up even close to the amount of points our offense has scored so far.

First off bright boy I have been nothin but positive on here tonight except being critical of not trying to score with 55 seconds, 2 timeouts, and a beast of a FG kicker on our side.  Secondly I NEVER chalked up this game as a loss.  Auburn should rarely if ever lose the puppies.  Third you sound like a naive a@@hole so I guess we're even.  

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

You're much more confident than me 

Look, MSU is not as good as we are in all phases of the game.  Even given Gus' mental issues, the players will make enough plays to make this comfortable.  It will be different when we play teams that have talent that is similar to ours.

wde

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Fear is the worst motivator.  

It's what drives a prevent defense.

"I'm afraid my QB will make a mistake" is a message for losers. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The fact that we don’t pull an RB after a long run is mind boggling

But, if we get up there and snap it super super fast they wont know whats coming...  Right?

Archived