next Head Coach

Eagle-1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

What about Pruitt?

we hadn’t beat em. And he is putting a better d on the field than Kirby. He is little on the hick side

He's a buffoon.

36 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Heath Evans. I know it's a semi-joke but I'm kind of on board. Would keep Kevin Steele, would be a fantastic motivator (kinda like PJ Fleck) and would be a GREAT recruiter. Plus, he runs businesses. Has managerial experience. I'm telling ya he wouldn't be and X's and O's guy, but I believe he could get it done. I think he knows what it takes 

You serious?

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Take off the bammer hate glasses yes he’s is but so is our current coach 

I knew he was a buffoon before he was at bammer.

PJ Fleck is the only up and comer I see greatness in. I do not care what his record is or will be this year. That dude has IT. That dude does not care who nick saban is and will go toe to toe with him on the trail. That is the kind of leader and motivator we need. He would recruit lights out.

With the talent currently on Auburn’s 2-3 deep any competent coach should win9-10. Gus will be lucky to finish 8-4.  That trip to college station could make this a 7-5 season.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's a myriad of reasons why he wouldn't

1. Miami is a more respected and bigger name historically and currently (people might get mad over me saying this here, but its just true) 

2. Florida and State are trending down

3. Miami is the program he likes the most out of any single one on any level

4. Miami can pay as much, if not more than Auburn

5. I highly doubt it would sit right with him at all to come to Auburn after playing at Georgia. He still has love for Georgia from what I've seen. 

there's no real reason for him to come here 

I thought he played for Miami? I love him as a person, but think we would still have the same results. 

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Kiffin would love a shot at Saban with the facilities and talent AU provides. Would be funny as hell too. 

No, just no. A grown man trolling on Twitter is NOT what I want as a HC for AU. 

48 minutes ago, WarTiger1 said:

Not sure why, but its a gut feeling at this point, Mark Richt is our guy. Proven recruiter, proven Christian.  God speed WDE.

Like Richt alot, but he's not leaving his Alma mater any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's a myriad of reasons why he wouldn't

1. Miami is a more respected and bigger name historically and currently (people might get mad over me saying this here, but its just true) 

2. Florida and State are trending down

3. Miami is the program he likes the most out of any single one on any level

4. Miami can pay as much, if not more than Auburn

5. I highly doubt it would sit right with him at all to come to Auburn after playing at Georgia. He still has love for Georgia from what I've seen. 

there's no real reason for him to come here 

You are just wrong about Miami. They are new money to college football. They have 0 tradition before the 80's. They also have horrible facilities that are not up to date and do not even have a on campus stadium. We absolutely could outbid miami. Miami was good for 20 years and has not been good since. We absolutely are the better program historically. They had one of the best runs ever but it still was over 20 years. It seems they mean more in the college fball world because of THE whole U thing and all their nfl players. But as the years go and we get further away from the early 2000's by there are less and less quality Miami players in the nfl and that will dry up here shortly and so will the narrative about how great Miami is at producing pro players.  FSU and Florida will always be more important in the state of florida than miami.

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I thought he played for Miami? I love him as a person, but think we would still have the same results. 

No, just no. A grown man trolling on Twitter is NOT what I want as a HC for AU. 

That is not the main reason to oppose hiring Kiffin.  The main reason is that the last program that handed him the reigns saw fit to call him off the team bus and fire him in an airport terminal.

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

That is not the main reason to oppose hiring Kiffin.  The main reason is that the last program that handed him the reigns saw fit to call him off the team bus and fire him in an airport terminal.

And another community wanted to name the WWTP in his honor. 

i know and love heath...

i'm not sure if he's serious or what, but he could do a better job than gus!  put it this way, if he's on the sideline this afternoon, we win by a minimum 3 possessions!

2 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Well at least I have my alumnus UCF to fall back on this year

Only for this season.  When Frost leaves, UCF will hire Gus to replace him.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

And another community wanted to name the WWTP in his honor. 

It does have a nice ring to it...

Neal Brown,, troys coach, from the sunbelt conference,,actually beat LSU! He looks like a damn fine candidate to me and can already recruit the area! fire gus now and get this guy onboard before Tenn or someone else does! check out his credentials:

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1045&path=football

oh,,, btw,,, when he loses he doesn't blame it on 3rd down conversions or other b.s.,,; he accepts responsibility! this is what he said after the 19-8 loss to south al: 

They outcoached us," Troy coach Neal Brown said. "Our guys were not ready to play and that's on me; that's disappointing. We didn't take advantage of a great opportunity. It's an extremely disappointing evening."

hire him Now,! (or Larry Culpepper! )

^He lost to South Alabama. Um, no.

We'd have to compete with Nebraska (we have more money than they o), but Frost would be AWESOME.

Just now, AUwent said:

^He lost to South Alabama. Um, no.

* He got WORKED by a 1-4 south team. If you want to see a worse coaching job this weekend than gus look at wen night with troy. totally outclassed at home by a bad south team.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are just wrong about Miami. They are new money to college football. They have 0 tradition before the 80's. They also have horrible facilities that are not up to date and do not even have a on campus stadium. We absolutely could outbid miami. Miami was good for 20 years and has not been good since. We absolutely are the better program historically. They had one of the best runs ever but it still was over 20 years. It seems they mean more in the college fball world because of THE whole U thing and all their nfl players. But as the years go and we get further away from the early 2000's by there are less and less quality Miami players in the nfl and that will dry up here shortly and so will the narrative about how great Miami is at producing pro players.  FSU and Florida will always be more important in the state of florida than miami.

Isn't he an alum?

ok,, 1.) , maybe his team overlooked south al after the big win and the inspirational half time speech backfired or something? could it really be worse than ours? 

2.) we could get him even cheaper then! 

3.) he can actually beat LSU which gus mahlzan can't do! 

4.) you don't have to "fire up the plane",,,, we can drive the burned up,,, nearly totaled "gus bus" down there and back! 

Larry Culpepper or Neal Brown Now!

Archived