NBA Thread

aujeff11

For @GwillMac6 my bruva. 😎

giphy-35.gif

• Like 2

Just was looking at some stats earlier and I happened upon this and was amazed. The rest of the Cavs combined for a vorp of -.3 to LeBrons 9.8 vorp for the season. Lebron lead that team to 45 wins somehow.

Is there any playoff team worse than this removing their best player?

Deep Playoff runs as well he might have it with his 3.4 vs .4 in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, WestonMicah said:

Just was looking at some stats earlier and I happened upon this and was amazed. The rest of the Cavs combined for a vorp of -.3 to LeBrons 9.8 vorp for the season. Lebron lead that team to 45 wins somehow.

Is there any playoff team worse than this removing their best player?

Deep Playoff runs as well he might have it with his 3.4 vs .4 in 2018.

You lost, my dude?

On 4/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, AuburnArch13 said:

You lost, my dude?

Yes probably but I loved his content!!! Lol

Edited by GwillMac6

“The Last Dance” airs the first episode tonight. I wasn’t a Bulls fan or Jordan fan at the time but I’m super interested to watch it. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve recently started playing 2k20 and it has felt like a great way to better understand the NBA.

First off, in MyGm I’ve been playing with the Orlando Magic. Chose them because I went to college in Orlando and I like taking bad teams and making them good. Funny enough they’re really not that bad. Fultz is fun, Fournier is great for 3s, Aaron Gordon is a dunk machine,  and Vucevic/Bamba are legit centers. Really they’re just lacking a good Small Forward. Such a young team too! Though I had to restructure Gordon’s gaudy contract. I was actually able to sell the Farm to add LeBron James into this lineup and it was fun as all get out.

Short version - Magic aren’t far from actually being good (not quite great)

Now for MyPlayer. I decided, since I love the city, to be on the Washington Wizards. Again, I like taking teams I haven’t heard much positivity from and making them better. Again I was surprised at how not-bad their starting group is. Hachimura is a DUDE and so reliable for me (I chose Point Guard which has been a problem I’ll address in a little). Wall and Beal are great too. However, a lack of an enforcer at C and PF has allowed us to get shredded by bigs in the paint. My 6’4” self can’t stop Andre Drummond from dunking I’m sorry.

Here’s the problem though. I chose a team that already has a decent PG (Wall) and it feels like he’s wasted on the bench. Though, sometimes the game has placed me at PG, Wall at SF, and Hachimura at PF. Still, Wall mostly comes in for cleanup duty. The only positive is when the coach benched me for a little Wall doesn’t (typically) allow the lead to get blown away. Still, I don’t think I’ll stay after we finish this playoff run. 

SO, my question, what team has solid players around the PG position but doesn’t have a stud at PG? It would be nice if I didn’t have to carry the team so much. Barely finished first in the conference because 1) I sucked at the game for the first 20-30 games 2) now that I’m good I’m hanging 45-65 consistently but constantly watching my lead get shredded (I dread guarding certain PGs). Sometimes I wish I could automate the Defense.

Other players I’ve come to respect from playing 2k:

Trae Young - embarrasses me when I guard him. He’s automatic from close-medium but I can usually limit his 3’s well; if he’s open the 3 is dropping though. Easy to drive to the net against though. But then is typically waiting to stonewall me.

Steph Curry - not a surprise but damn. He makes the most ridiculous 3’s. Plays me really tight when I’m on the perimeter but also easy to drive to the paint against. Almost never try’s to work inside on me.

Mike freaking Conley - this dude is a g! I’ve never heard of him but he balls out every time I face him. Talking about 25+ points guaranteed against me and mostly in the paint. Doesn’t go for a lot of 3s but he’s a really tight playing defender. I Stan Conley for the All Star game at least once.

Giannis - ever now and then the game has man coverage and I get stuck with him on the interior. It’s just not fair... I’ve tried getting him to foul out but he’s tremendous at denying shots without flowing.

Andre Drummond - I don’t get paired against him much but man he’s brutal. Typically he kills my team with offensive rebounding to points and put-backs.

Jimmy Butler - is a Force in the interior doesn’t score too much though. Mostly a defensive nuisance.

The Knicks absolutely blow. I have a handful of close games but the Knicks have never come within 20 points.

Cavs aren’t half bad. Drummond is a beast. Love is good. Sexton is a pain. The rest of the team is very average though.

Milwaukee can suck an egg. They give me the hardest time every single time.

• 3 weeks later...

☘️☘️☘️

• 4 weeks later...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/

👀👀👀

I can’t wait until Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Luka this game 🔥🔥🔥. WOW!

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen.

I want the Thunder to win, but I don't want Westbrook to lose.

giphy.gif

Wow 🤩! The way this game started and now Boston has surged to an 11 point lead before half time. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:34 PM, aubearcat said:

Luka this game 🔥🔥🔥. WOW!

👆🏻AGAIN!!!

☘️☘️☘️☘️

• 3 weeks later...

☘️☘️☘️☘️