Jacobs stepping down

WDE0007

Gotta say it is time for a change as Jay stated. As an Auburn man, I wish him nothing but the best. WDE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Nice typo, Jay ...

Expectations are high at Aurburn –

There’s a lot of things that could’ve been written better, several errors, but it’s to be expected with him. Who is his secretary?

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hate to break it to you but regardless if JJ were AD or not Gus is safe for now as long as he gets 1 of the last 3 conference games & isn't blown out in the losses.

If I had to chose between firing Jacobs and keeping Gus or firing Gus and letting Jacobs hire another coach............................Gus can have my booth at Waffle House for 12 more months.

18 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Gotta remember 64 there are some on here that have said they will be mad if we win out and Gus saves his job. Can you imagine that. Being mad if you beat UGA and Alabama.

While I agree it was time for JJ to move on, he is an Auburn man through and through.

I pretty sure my feeling about Gus are pretty clear here but I’m not in that crowd.

Leath did this the right way with Jay. He is in full control. Props to him. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't care that he has AU ties. My point was you won't find many resumes better. & Scott isn't in whatever cliche AU has. He should have & would have been the hire in 2004 when we hired Jacobs if Mike Hubbard had not stepped in and essentially blocked.

Not saying i don't want him. Let's just give others a REAL shot that are just as qualified. And though he may not be fully in the AU cliche....it could be nice to get some fresh blood in that has little to no connections to Auburn. We've been playing this "game" way too long. 

Chris Del Conte from TCU or we riot.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

bull****.

And now you are my hero!!!! favor returned dixie!!!! lol

3 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

If I had to chose between firing Jacobs and keeping Gus or firing Gus and letting Jacobs hire another coach............................Gus can have my booth at Waffle House for 12 more months.

Exactly b/c it's unlikely we get rid of Gus without getting rid of JJ. The next AD isn't going to feel obligated to keep Gus if he's not following through since he didn't hire him in the first place.

4 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Not saying i don't want him. Let's just give others a REAL shot that are just as qualified. And though he may not be fully in the AU cliche....it could be nice to get some fresh blood in that has little to no connections to Auburn. We've been playing this "game" way too long. 

There aren't that many out there just as qualified. Reality is 2 of the best resumes out there who may be interested happen to be AU grads & should not be disqualified because they went to AU, The aforementioned Ethridge & #3 in charge of the NFL,  Michelle McKenna Doyle.

Gus is here to stay through 2018, regardless of when the new AD is in place.  The new guy will wanna do his own evaluation of every coach on staff before pushing to cut one loose.

Im glad to see the ball rollin on getting Jacobs out.

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

By a show of hands, how many of you have jobs where you can underperform, make 7 figures, AND give a 7 month notice?

Most of us can't but many coaches in all sports can raise their hands.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And now you are my hero!!!! favor returned dixie!!!! lol

To think that Jay Jacobs deserves anything less than jail time is not really thinking.  He far outlived his usefulness to Auburn when he moved out of his fundraising role at TUF.  The idea that we make heroes out of guys who have so gutted Auburn athletics is absolutely asinine. 

53 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd be a bit more gracious feeling if I didn't know about all the wrangling and dragging of heels by Jay and his representatives that made this go one far longer than it should have. 

exactly 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Gus is here to stay through 2018, regardless of when the new AD is in place.  The new guy will wanna do his own evaluation of every coach on staff before pushing to cut one loose.

Loses to aTm, UGA, & Bama would strongly put that opinion to the test.

I hope this is a new day for Auburn!  I am weary of the hangers on and the incestuous manner in which the athletic department has been run for too many years. Bring in a professional AD and start running off some people. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

To think that Jay Jacobs deserves anything less than jail time is not really thinking.  He far outlived his usefulness to Auburn when he moved out of his fundraising role at TUF.  The idea that we make heroes out guys who have so gutted Auburn athletics is absolutely asinine. 

i am confused so he should go to jail?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Not much evaluation will be needed if Gus stays the course with not showing up in big games. 

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

To think that Jay Jacobs deserves anything less than jail time is not really thinking.  He far outlived his usefulness to Auburn when he moved out of his fundraising role at TUF.  The idea that we make heroes out of guys who have so gutted Auburn athletics is absolutely asinine. 

Jay is absolutely THE LAST guy who deserves love from any Auburm alum and fan right now outside of Eric Ramsey and Chuck Person.......

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Tuberville is the only guy who can fire him. Now I DO NOT want Tubbs to be the AD but he would be able to fire a coach day 1.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

i am confused so he should go to jail?

Absolutely.  He has been stealing from Auburn University for a long time.  I've been saying for years that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  It will be interesting to see if Leath goes after him once the lights are turned on in the athletic department.  I'm betting one of the sticking points to his resignation was immunity from prosecution.  

Archived