Weekly Presser - Louisiana-Monroe

RunInRed

Maybe it's just me but those answers are different than the Gus eariler this year. He is putting the UGA game in the past, focusing on ULM, sighting upsets, and talking about keeping the hammer down regardless of the score. I'm very excited to hear this from Gus!

can someone PLEASE get mic's or louder ones for the reporters so we can hear the questions? i would like to have heard the jokes that made gus laugh.

gus would appear to have turned a new page of some kind. he was like this last year until the bodies started dropping. but my guts tell me he and chip maybe have learned some trust with each other and they are beginning to be comfortable together. i hope it continues and i really hope someone gives coach steele a nice pay raise or bonus at least. he might already have incentives in his contract but right now he deserves all the good things coming his way.

1 hour ago, thewhiz7 said:

Maybe it's just me but those answers are different than the Gus eariler this year. He is putting the UGA game in the past, focusing of ULM sighting upsets, and taking about keeping the hammer down regardless of the score. I'm very excited to hear this from Gus!

Yeah we've definitely entered the twilight zone now. It's like somethin's taken control of him.

I like this Gus. As said before, I feel he's built some trust with Chip and it's resulted in him maybe being a little looser. That kind of aura resonates to those players. I'm anxious to see how bad we beat bammer ? WDE 

And he’s saying the “C” word (dog cr__) in public.  He’s out of control, and I’m loving it!

Seems like after the LSU game he has re-evaluated himself and maybe asked himself if he was still having fun.  Maybe he’s just having fun now and also letting the players have some fun as well.

Who knows though it could be that JJ isn’t on his tail or whatever

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Seems like after the LSU game he has re-evaluated himself and maybe asked himself if he was still having fun.  Maybe he’s just having fun now and also letting the players have some fun as well.

Who knows though it could be that JJ isn’t on his tail or whatever

There has definitely been a shift in philosophy after the LSU, but there has also been a definite shift in his demeanor as well after JJ resigned.

Just now, bigbird said:

There has definitely been a shift in philosophy after the LSU, but there has also been a definite shift in his demeanor as well after JJ resigned.

It doesn’t hurt when your defense shuts down the other O and your offense clicks off runs of 5-7 yards every play.  I’d be happy to.

Seriously something is different almost back to his coy cocky ways.  We will see in the IB if it stays.  If he can remain loose in that situation and not having a migraine on the sideline with every play I’ll say he’s arrived in demeanor.  Because I know I’ll be so tense just watching that I’ll be exhausted after.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

^^This^^

I'm hoping Malzahn doesn't allow this team to have any kind of a let down during the Louisiana-Monroe week. But if that happens, we are dead in the water.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah we've definitely entered the twilight zone now. It's like somethin's taken control of him.

IMG_0527.GIF

The timing is odd that he seems so loose right now, after JJ's resignation. Any insiders know if this is the real reason? Spill the beans! 

It would help if I would read all the posts above before I post. :-\

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The timing is odd that he seems so loose right now, after JJ's resignation. Any insiders know if this is the real reason? Spill the beans! 

Lets just say it did not hurt.........Gus has no love for JJ

Will we  be thanking LSU and Bruce Pearl by end of the season?

I say if Auburn is able to handle Bama like they did the Dawgs, I will be pretty confident thinking they can win the SEC. Even UGA is cheering for Auburn in the IB because they want a rematch.

UGA fans cheering for Auburn to beat Bama just so they can beat UGA again would be a dream come true if it were to happen

37 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It would help if I would read all the posts above before I post. :-\

I feel like they weren’t on speaking terms? I think I read that here. 

Yes, LSU was a defining moment. BUT, not being on decent terms with your boss can totally destroy a good employee. 

1 hour ago, FatherUppercut said:

I say if Auburn is able to handle Bama like they did the Dawgs, I will be pretty confident thinking they can win the SEC. Even UGA is cheering for Auburn in the IB because they want a rematch.

And also because everyone just hates Alabama, so the entire college football world comes together to root against the Turds when a team has a legitimate chance of beating them :lol:

why will no one say what was up between gus and jj? i hate some people know the inside story and some of us just end up scratching our heads wondering wth?

the more i hear or read about butch jones the more i love gus. they claim the truth about jones will come out soon. stories of abusing his power and trust to mistreat kids makes me sick. i played football one year in the american youth association in germany for american kids. our coach worked my my stepdad in the military and they did not get along so he took out all his anger on me. i got so tired of being put in bull in the ring as a d lineman it ruined playing for me. i never quit but he stole my joy and i never played again. i wish i could say it made me a better man but i am still just as warped as most folks.......lol

Archived