Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

7 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Ooh Caleb. So witty on your part..

Better to have a lack of wit than a lack of common sense, like yourself.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

No I meant AU. Getting dominated doesn't help AL

Don't think it hurts them either.  Iowa isn't Top 25, but domniated OSU.  We will still be Top 10 and likely a New Years 6 Bowl.  Committee is made up of former coaches.  They know the guantlet we just ran and will give Bama the benefit of the doubt IMO.

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

I’m not staying up to watch. I don’t care for Gus and really don’t give a flying crap if he leaves. I’d throw every dime I had at Bob Stoops. 

good choice think TaM got a good deal with fisher..if iwas Auburn go after a so called retired coach!!

No reason to give him a raise or an extension. If he wants to take more money to go to a school where he will never be able to recruit against the regular SEC powers, then for the love of AU, don't overpay him. The offensive play calling after the first drive was Gus at his best? He ran KJ into the ground. That killed us tonight. A&M just got better w Fisher hire. Division is not getting any easier than it was this year. At least Mullen is gone and I bet in 2 years FL is a threat to GA again. I'm not saying fire Gus, but why give him a raise and new contract? He's mediocre at best. Politics and wealthy boosters who think they know football have ruined Auburn forever. Plus dumbass AD's that are just plain and simple Morons!!!!! 

I'm still glad to help him pack.  More focused on either a huge raise or Arkansas than getting us ready for the re-match tonight.  

Kiffen...no.  But I'd take him over Gus.

1 minute ago, aubieclawz said:

good choice think TaM got a good deal with fisher..if iwas Auburn go after a so called retired coach!!

I’m not quite sure I’m picking up what you’re laying down. Do I think TAMU got a good coach? Yes I do. Do I think it’s realistic Bob stoops would come to Auburn? No I don’t. Do I think Gus stays at Auburn? Yes. However, I don’t think he’s worth $6-7 million/yr. 

7 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Just match the Arky offer and it all goes away.  Everything else is in our favor except where he came from and we can't change that.  

Screw that!  Who knows what Arky is offering......Gus has a ceiling IMO and it’s not much more than what he’s pulling from AUs coffers right now.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Don't think it hurts them either.  Iowa isn't Top 25, but domniated OSU.  We will still be Top 10 and likely a New Years 6 Bowl.  Committee is made up of former coaches.  They know the guantlet we just ran and will give Bama the benefit of the doubt IMO.

I don't think so. Big 10 champ is in. Imo

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Disagree.  OSU losing to Iowa by 31 looks really bad.

I don't think the committee would put two sec teams in especially one that didn't have a quality win or win their division little lest the sec championship 

3 minutes ago, AU Counsel said:

I'm still glad to help him pack.  More focused on either a huge raise or Arkansas than getting us ready for the re-match tonight.  

I would take Brent venables 

This convo is fun and all, but does anyone actually think Gus will leave the talent he has accumulated at Auburn for Arky? I realize he can’t make a halftime adjustment To save his life, but it would take some sort of stupid to leave what he has built. This is all a ploy to get more $ from Auburn, and it will work. 

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

I don't think the committee would put two sec teams in especially one that didn't have a quality win or win their division little lest the sec championship 

Bama still most definitely has a chance to weasel themselves in like they always do. 

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

We shall see.  On paper, Bama's resume is pretty solid and OSU has been blown out twice. If Wisconsin wins, none of this matters.

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The meltdown at UT is something AU will want to avoid, this is another advantage Sexton has. I think AU will payGus what he wants.

And should after the November AU just pulled off

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The meltdown at UT is something AU will want to avoid, this is another advantage Sexton has. I think AU will payGus what he wants.

Damnit!  Sexton will bend Auburn over a barrel and force them to over pay.

4 minutes ago, AU Counsel said:

Kiffen is such a wild card to me. On one hand, the pay off could be really big b/c i do think he has what it takes to continue to bring in good talent and i wouldn't be worried about the offense. Plus, he could have a good advantage over Saban. However, if it goes bad...it could go VERY bad....like Tenn bad if Lane losses his marbles. I understand those that are saying they don't want a Tenn situation but I wouldn't object to going with the coach from Memphis..someone like that. 

I just wonder with a fan base like AU would the majority be ok with a Lane hire. AU is pretty conservative soooo...

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

We shall see.  On paper, Bama's resume is pretty solid and OSU has been blown out twice. If Wisconsin wins, none of this matters.

Bama strength of schedule is horrible. Again no quality wins and after tonight that lost is not looking so good for them either.

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

And should after the November AU just pulled off

Should pay him whatever he wants for beating his two rivals 1/4 years?!?

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nothing weird here.  I traveled with a professional baseball team for three years.  No one talked after losses.  It's part of it.

Yeah and I think the noise issue is the acoustics of being in a tunnel going away from the noise.  Not as bizarre as people are making it out to be. 

Archived