***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

To be fair they were the only ones throwing around the $$$ like Bama too...and some *clears throat to use Hank Hill voice* ladies of the evening

Hey, I still had fun watching them beat Bama :Sing:

• Like 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Quay Walker to Georgia 

the most bandwagon effect when it comes to recruiting I have ever seen. Un real. Once the fields domino fell the damn broke and they all flooded in to georgias class. He really is like big cat. whoever got him on the last official was going to get him.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Quay Walker to Georgia 

Hate to lose him, but now the gloves are completely off between Saban and Smart. It will be nice to watch bama go after someone else for a change.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

the most bandwagon effect when it comes to recruiting I have ever seen. Un real. Once the fields domino fell the damn broke and they all flooded in to georgias class. He really is like big cat. whoever got him on the last official was going to get him.

I have to agree, we have never had a huge recruiting boon after a NC appearance. Didn't with Gene or Gus, we stayed right about the same.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Hate to lose him, but now the gloves are completely off between Saban and Smart. It will be nice to watch bama go after someone else for a change.

I will say as far as indecisive kids, he handled the situation relatively well. He never made it seem like he was in love with any one program. Kept it real quiet, took his visits, and decided without any tremendous show about it.

5 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Better than UAT.

completely disagree. We already are dealing with 1 monster. Now we have 2 alabamas to deal with.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will say as far as indecisive kids, he handled the situation relatively well. He never made it seem like he was in love with any one program. Kept it real quiet, took his visits, and decided without any tremendous show about it.

Which, to a bama fan, looks like stomping on the Bear's grave. :)

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

Quay Walker commits to UGA after faking the UT hat then throws the UT hat across the room.

Well it seems he is fitting into the role of a typical UGA player now.  All the more reason I will be happy when UT and UF become competitive again.  It will put Georgia back into their place in this world.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Doesn't Ole Miss usually randomly beat them?

To relate it back to recruiting - we should be pillaging Mississippi for talent while that poop show continues

Pretty sure that's why we went after and hired Woodsen so we could own the state of Mississippi. Here's to hoping it pays off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

O I did not even think of that I am just talking about all of these top guys in georgia all wanting to play together. Kirby had a gameplan and executed it. I have never seen a group of recruits recruit so hard for the school they were committed to. They were relentless. This is the best class on paper I have ever seen. It is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, lionheartkc said:

This doesn't surprise me as i mentioned in the AU/UGA game thread that Kirby is going to be a huge problem not only for Auburn but for Bama. Bama of course is still going to get their share of 5* guys but i can see Bama losing more and more battles if it's between Kirby & Saban for a player. Kirby has a similar blueprint but certainly seems more enjoyable to play for. UGA is freaking loaded and this is only the beginning IMO. 

3 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Better than UAT.

Tennessee would've been the best case scenario besides us signing him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

Quay Walker commits to UGA after faking the UT hat then throws the UT hat across the room.

Had he committed to AU and done that I really, really wouldn't have liked his attitude. And no, this isn't another "we didn't want him anyway" comment. I would have loved to sign a kid with his talent and then let Garner and Wlliams de-recruit him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

I am still not convinced Kirby is that great of a coach.    He may not have to be.  This is ridiculous. 

exactly. and richt did not exactly leave the cupboard bare either. 8-5 may be the one year like that he has for awhile sadly.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

O I did not even think of that I am just talking about all of these top guys in georgia all wanting to play together. Kirby had a gameplan and executed it. I have never seen a group of recruits recruit so hard for the school they were committed to. They were relentless. This is the best class on paper I have ever seen. It is just ridiculous.

Still reminds me of a conversation we were all having a few year ago about Ole Miss..... just sayin.