***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Which makes me absolutely dislike the players. I don't care if they are "just" kids. If it's UGA or their family or whoever encouraging them to troll...BYE. 

It is UGA, wasting energy and resources on players that you have no chance at has been the one big weakness of Gus and recruiting strategy.  Tends to put his eggs all in one basket sometimes without staying close enough to the back up plans.  His staff has recruit very well, just this one flaw gets us sometimes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LakeBum said:

In this new era of bitcoin, it will be impossible to catch anyone.  Unfortunately for Ol Miss, they 'missed' this trend by a few years.

and they are ole miss so they lost immediately in the court of public opinion lol. Everyone was crying they cheated the second those guys committed.

Just now, LakeBum said:

In this new era of bitcoin, it will be impossible to catch anyone.  Unfortunately for Ol Miss, they 'missed' this trend by a few years.

Yeah e-money never leaves a trail.  Good ol cash is the only way to go

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Georgia will get the benefit of the doubt unlike Ole Miss. As soon as that class was signed everyone was crying THEY CHEATED THEY CHEATED because it was a non traditional school doing that. People just shrug since it is georgia. They will have to get sloppy to get caught. 

Yup. Also, Freeze clearly wasn't very adept at cheating- at football, on his wife, whatever. Just not good at being shady. They don't have that kind of infrastructure over there. 

Smart was born to the task. 

Lol at anyone thinking that uga rising is in any way good for Auburn. Good gravy, nothing could be further from the truth. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

There is no beauty about Smart at uga and Saban at spuat for us.

wde

lol you knew what I meant but yes. I hate kirby way more than saban.

Edited by GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. Also, Freeze clearly wasn't very adept at cheating- at football, on his wife, whatever. Just not good at being shady. They don't have that kind of infrastructure over there. 

Smart was born to the task. 

Lol at anyone thinking that uga rising is in any way good for Auburn. Good gravy, nothing could be further from the truth. 

This is the sleeping giant we have always feared. I agree. Bama is tough enough as it is to deal with. Now we have two of them. No one year in year out will have a tougher schedule than us because of this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

and they are ole miss so they lost immediately in the court of public opinion lol. Everyone was crying they cheated the second those guys committed.

Well yeah, they didn't have the level of success needed to warrant that recruiting success. Also, who wants to live there of all places? It just didn't make sense. Then they had players tweeting insta photos holding an obnoxious amount of money...didn't help

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It is UGA, wasting energy and resources on players that you have no chance at has been the one big weakness of Gus and recruiting strategy.  Tends to put his eggs all in one basket sometimes without staying close enough to the back up plans.  His staff has recruit very well, just this one flaw gets us sometimes.

But you have to admit, we've gotten way better about it. In the early days of Gus and even Chizik, we would just get flat out used by a bama troll.

Just now, BJCrawford said:

If you want to see some ticked of people, go to the vol nation board. Brutal. Sorry....back to auburn recruiting 

I have already started reading it :laugh: Its almost as good as the Gruden threads were

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Well yeah, they didn't have the level of success needed to warrant that recruiting success. Also, who wants to live there of all places? It just didn't make sense. Then they had players tweeting insta photos holding an obnoxious amount of money...didn't help

That is the problem I see with college athletics though. How is any team like that without the tradition behind it like ole miss supposed to get any good? As soon as they had a good class the whispers started. It is like damned if you do and damned if you do not cheat. Because that is the only way to get top notch talent there.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Valid point. I'm just interested to see how close the blueprints are and if Smart has the protection required to keep it up if they employ all of the same tactics.

I don't think Kirby has to do some of the questionable things that Bama does to maintain a high level of recruiting. It's likely to be a similar blueprint with some adjustments. Plus i'm sure he's better to work for compared to the midget. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Here is the UT hat throw I was talking about.

That’s pretty savage. 

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Pretty crappy way to commit by Quay. I expected better from him butmaybe Kirby put him up to it. Seems these types of things happen when he's around.

That’s what I have been reading. Not sure about the hat throw, but Kirby wanted this big reveal of a flip so he asked him to wait for NSD. He will fit right in at UGA by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

I'm of the classic mindset of hate all things Bammer,  I guess.  Seeing Saban whiff makes me happy.

(And I've lived in Georgia for 3 months now.)

Same here.  I only have so much hate in my heart, and I feel like UGA is causing me to lose perspective on what's really important in life.

WDE!

• Haha 1