***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the sleeping giant we have always feared. I agree. Bama is tough enough as it is to deal with. Now we have two of them. No one year in year out will have a tougher schedule than us because of this.

No doubt. A lot of folks laughed at bama fans for being excited about that 2008 class. Yeah, how'd that work out for them. 

If Jimbo hits on a QB... If LSU decides to hire an actual football coach... if we don't figure out how to quit scheduling top 10 teams OoC... yeesh. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Doubt they know anymore than the rest of us. 

It's mostly being said that he wanted to commit a couple months or so ago but was told to wait until NSD to have the "drama" of flipping from the mighty Bama to UGA. But who the heck knows. Nice troll if so.

Just now, Ber798297 said:

How many spaces does UGA even have?  Seems like everyone is going there and they signed a bunch in the early signing period...

QW was their last one. Or at least that's what UGA sites are saying.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No doubt. A lot of folks laughed at bama fans for being excited about that 2008 class. Yeah, how'd that work out for them. 

If Jimbo hits on a QB... If LSU decides to hire an actual football coach... if we don't figure out how to quit scheduling top 10 teams OoC... yeesh. 

IF you sign a class that great?! yah you can stick out your chest and boast to everyone. You would have to be a pretty terrible coach to mess a class like this up. It is bound to have some impressive returns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

QW was their last one. Or at least that's what UGA sites are saying.

lol nope. just got another one on espn.............

2 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Auburn is No8 in the ESPN Ranking. 11 is the 247

And on a really interesting note Penn State is 5 in the 247 and Texas is 3, while bama is 6. Looks like Penn State has kicked their scandal to the curb and Texas is ready to move past their slump... and when was the last time bama wasn't in the top... well... 1?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IF you sign a class that great?! yah you can stick out your chest and boast to everyone. You would have to be a pretty terrible coach to mess a class like this up. It is bound to have some impressive returns.

Exactly. A lot of people are going to say to quit worrying about this uga class, and bowl cut might not even be that great of a coach, etc. That's what we said last time. But just like you said, when you recruit like this, you win a lot of football games, period.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Exactly. A lot of people are going to say to quit worrying about this uga class, and bowl cut might not even be that great of a coach, etc. That's what we said last time. But just like you said, when you recruit like this, you win a lot of football games, period.  

I do not think Dabo is that great of a coach either but man he is a great motivator, ceo AND RECRUITER. When you have talent you do not have to be bill snyder with the x's and o's.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I do not think Dabo is that great of a coach either but man he is a great motivator, ceo AND RECRUITER. When you have talent you do not have to be bill snyder with the x's and o's.

He hires quality coordinators and lets them do their jobs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sorry to keep replying just to basically agree with you but I'm out of reactions. Anyway, that Bill Snyder line is money. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To ignore what uga is doing as an AU fan is to be willfully ignorant and stupid.

wde

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Assuming half aren't arrested come Fall camp.  They aren't off to the best start to try and kick that habit in 2018...

You should go to a UGA board to discuss their recruiting class. Wouldn't seem so tiresome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To all of those people....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, autigersj said:

Did Kirby give a blood sacrifice or something?? They are DESTROYING everyone else right now..

Kids dont want their free Mercedes for going to Alabama, They want straight cash from UGA.

Edited by weathergeakal

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Assuming half aren't arrested come Fall camp.  They aren't off to the best start to try and kick that habit in 2018...

Keep whistling past that graveyard.

• Like 2

Sorry to keep replying just to basically agree with you but I'm out of reactions. Anyway, that Bill Snyder line is money. 

I wish we were agreeing about ALL THE great things happening at AU. Man it is never easy with AU. Both our rivals are hauling in talent at a rate that has never been seen before. We are doing great though holding our own without all of their advantages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think I've told you before, but I truly envy this ability to find ways to be optimistic...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

To all of those people....

giphy.gif

...but this is definitely much more where I'm at. 

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Keep whistling past that graveyard.

Huh?  Or do you mean that will stop happening?  Legitimately asking what you mean.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the sleeping giant we have always feared. I agree. Bama is tough enough as it is to deal with. Now we have two of them. No one year in year out will have a tougher schedule than us because of this.

Exactly; being we have to play them both within 3 weeks and possibly again in the SEC Championship if we make it there. We have to start establishing depth at key positions. Yes, that starts with recruiting but it also involves getting players more live reps during the soft parts of our schedule; not waiting until guys get hurt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly; being we have to play them both within 3 weeks and possibly again in the SEC Championship if we make it there. We have to start establishing depth at key positions. Yes, that starts with recruiting but it also involves getting players more live reps during the soft parts of our schedule; not waiting until guys get hurt. 

and recruiting is only going to get harder now. Man I long for the days of mark richt in georgia! lol We were usually good for a monty adams, carl lawson and derrick Brown every couple of years!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think I've told you before, but I truly envy this ability to find ways to be optimistic...

giphy.gif