California Paying Price for Sanctuary Cities

Proud Tiger

1 hour ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Yeah, that $6 Billion surplus their governor will leave them with is pure horse hockey...Yep, I agree, looking at the mess Conservative Christians have made of The Way and how they have screwed up this country, I am pretty sure that he would definitely weep

Glad you won't be judging anyone in the end. How can they have a surplus and be insolvent. I guess it's called having money but not able (or ignoring) your debts. But if I was an illegal and criminal I guess a CA city would be a great sanctuary.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/03/violent-criminals-among-illegal-immigrants-caught-in-california-raid-derailed-by-dem-mayor.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, Proud Tiger said:

Better to be third world than in la la land. And what does Jesus have to do with it except to shake his head at what we have become.

It's called taking the Lord's name in vain. It's done way too much on this site.

It is true that California due to a strong economy and higher taxes has a 6 billion dollar surplus part part of the reason for that Surplus is under funding of Pension funds. Sooner or later that will come back and bite the state.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/dan-walters/article148181774.html 

New York another high tax state but unlike California they bit the bullet and are basically at 98% funding. Each year California falls further behind makes the choices to address the problem worse.  Higher taxes to make up for the shortfall, or stealing from general funds to make up shortfall, or screw the people who have worked for years and are expecting the funds when they retire. 

Jerry Brown has spoken often about the fact that if nothing is done it will eventually collapse many cities, school systems, etc.  Brown is a unique Governor there is a lot to like and dislike about him. What most people don't realize about him is that he has always been fiscally conservative while socially liberal. Previous governors had huge deficits he is leaving with a surplus. He cut spending in places, he raised taxes, and he was Governor at a time when the economy was growing but as he has said California has had 11 major recessions over the years and it will happen again. When it does the pension system may break the state.

By the way this issue is also hitting large cities in Texas also Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.

Now CA is in deep crap. Thank you Jeff Sessions for filing a lawsuit against this crowd. His speech today announcing the lawsuit was great and his rationale nailed it. It will take a long time for this to work it thru the courts but the feds will win it in the end at the SCOTUS.  A big salute to Pres. Trump for getting Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, Proud Tiger said:

They need to make an example out of her and it will send a clear message to these other sanctuary cities.

18 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Now CA is in deep crap. Thank you Jeff Sessions for filing a lawsuit against this crowd. His speech today announcing the lawsuit was great and his rationale nailed it. It will take a long time for this to work it thru the courts but the feds will win it in the end at the SCOTUS.  A big salute to Pres. Trump for getting Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

Maybe.  If it takes past 2020 and Trump isn't re-elected, a new administration could choose to drop the case altogether.

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe.  If it takes past 2020 and Trump isn't re-elected, a new administration could choose to drop the case altogether.

If it is a Dem administration you can bet on it.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:45 PM, homersapien said:

I really don't get all the hate for California.  

I don't hate it.  Parts of it are gorgeous.  But you couldn't pay me enough money to live there, much less raise a family there.  I think the loons run the place.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't hate it.  Parts of it are gorgeous.  But you couldn't pay me enough money to live there, much less raise a family there.  I think the loons run the place.

Right there with you.  I'm excited to go there in a few years when we play Cal.  Can't wait to play Pebble Beach and check out wine country.  But there's no way in hell I'm living there.  I go to a convention in L.A. for nearly a week every year.  That's more than enough time in that crap-hole for me.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Right there with you.  I'm excited to go there in a few years when we play Cal.  Can't wait to play Pebble Beach and check out wine country.  But there's no way in hell I'm living there.  I go to a convention in L.A. for nearly a week every year.  That's more than enough time in that crap-hole for me.

I've spent a lot of time in the LA area, but if you have the feeling that LA defines California, you need to visit more of the state.

I've toured and/or camped the Pacific Coast Hwy, Montery, Pinnacles National park, Big Sur, San Francisco, Yosemite, the Sierra Nevadas, Lake Tahoe,   San Diego, Palomar and - one of my favorite places, especially if you are lucky enough to experience a vigorous spring bloom - Anza Barrego State park. 

California is a fabulous place. 

And there's nothing wrong with it's people in my experience.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I've spent a lot of time in the LA area, but if you have the feeling that LA defines California, you need to visit more of the state.

I've toured and/or camped the Pacific Coast Hwy, Montery, Pinnacles National park, Big Sur, San Francisco, Yosemite, the Sierra Nevadas, Lake Tahoe,   San Diego, Palomar and - one of my favorite places, especially if you are lucky enough to experience a vigorous spring bloom - Anza Barrego State park. 

California is a fabulous place. 

Vast majority of the people?  Not at all a problem with them.

The taxes, ridiculous cost of living, and elected leaders?  Yeah, they can keep that.

I know CA is a beautiful place as a whole.  That's why I singled out LA as being the crap-hole it is.  Like, Alabama is a pretty place if you know where to go.  But Birmingham proper succksssss.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yep the best course I have ever played in the US. You need to play Spyglass as well it ate me up but I played PB really well...... birdieing  the last three holes helped

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep the best course I have ever played in the US. You need to play Spyglass as well it ate me up but I played PB really well...... birdieing  the last three holes helped

And.......

beer.jpg

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

And.......

beer.jpg

This should be edited to "how much for a case of flavored water".  Because good beer ain't that cheap  :)

49 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Planning on playing both and I can't wait.  Surprising my golf playing mom with a trip to Sawgrass this year too.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Did you use the ol foot wedge?

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Planning on playing both and I can't wait.  Surprising my golf playing mom with a trip to Sawgrass this year too.

Any of you fellas ever played Augusta?

and Brad, lots of good cheap beer in Nola!

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This should be edited to "how much for a case of flavored water".  Because good beer ain't that cheap  :)

Based on Bud Lite, Miller Lite, and PBR....nothing any better

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Agreed. I lump it together with Vegas and Cuba. All three are very different and unique in their own fashion, but certainly wouldn’t live in any.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is that what you want to happen or just a prediction?

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Any of you fellas ever played Augusta?

and Brad, lots of good cheap beer in Nola!

Never played Augusta, but have been to the Masters.  Beautiful place.  Have played Chambers Bay though, home of the 2015 US Open.  Hardest walk I've ever made on a course.

Had a great beer last time I was in NOLA.  Forgot the name, but it had pure cane sugar in it.  Freaking delish.

4 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Is that what you want to happen or just a prediction?

Do I want Trump re-elected?  No.  But its not a prediction of that outcome.  Just saying that logically the DOJ changes its priorities with each new administration.  If Trump were to lose in 2020 and this case is not finished, it could easily be dropped by a new POTUS.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do I want Trump re-elected?  No.  But its not a prediction of that outcome.  Just saying that logically the DOJ changes its priorities with each new administration.  If Trump were to lose in 2020 and this case is not finished, it could easily be dropped by a new POTUS.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I was referring to your comments about the case being dropped, not if you want Trump to get re-elected...... hahahaha

Archived