Some things I hope Chip/Gus doesn't do this season

Swamp Eagle

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Did we beat Alabama and Georgia last year? I thought we did.

So....you DON'T want them to beat them this year?

This is the "what we DON'T want this year thread". 

:poke:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread was misrepresented in the op, and it should be renamed “The Bash Gus or Rehash Bash Gus Threads”!!!!

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

1 thing I hope I never see this year is see Auburn up 20-0 and end up losing the game.

How about 21-0?

8 hours ago, toddc said:

This thread was misrepresented in the op, and it should be renamed “The Bash Gus or Rehash Bash Gus Threads”!!!!

Frankly, I don't disagree with the 2nd part of your post in this case.

However, I'm not sure why you think the OP title is misrepresented....  Saying what you don't want to see is well.....what else would you expect?

8 hours ago, toddc said:

I guess some on here would rather have Urban Meyer. 

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

However, I'm not sure why you think the OP title is misrepresented....  Saying what you don't want to see is well.....what else would you expect?

Agree with every word.

If anything, maybe this thread can be used as a catch-all going forward. If another thread gets bashy, just redirect it here! Everybody wins. 

It’s a thread about what you don’t want to see. Common sense tells you to not come in this thread if you don’t want to read the stuff people are saying or going to get offended by it. Lol. 

I am slowly going back into full Negan mode with some of y’all.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s a thread about what you don’t want to see. Common sense tells you to not come in this thread if you don’t want to read the stuff people are saying or going to get offended by it. Lol. 

Bring it, DAG! I'm on Team Lucille. I'm ready this time. 

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I think it is more of a "sigh," of what is the point really.  This topic has been discussed to no end.  The only real purpose of a thread like this is to bring negativity back, right before a new season starts.  It should be excitement and anticipation at this point in the year, unless you are LSU and it is panic and confusion of where half of your football team went.  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think it is more of a "sigh," of what is the point really.  This topic has been discussed to no end.  The only real purpose of a thread like this is to bring negativity back, right before a new season starts.  It should be excitement and anticipation at this point in the year, unless you are LSU and it is panic and confusion of where half most of your football team playbook went.  :laugh:

FIFY

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Did we beat Alabama and Georgia last year? I thought we did.

You're 66% correct.

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am Negan

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Mis-named might have been better!

To avoid the middle of the field like unsweetened tea in the passing game

To have a wr route tree that matches the number of teeth in most of the gump's mouths

In my best Pat Dye impression:

"Looks like some Awbun fans ain't man enough up in heah, what..what with all the *cough* hut feelins..."

Avoid the use of a TE in the pass game like the plague.

Run 7 step drop play action passes on 3rd and 10+. 

21 hours ago, toddc said:

and it should be renamed “The Bash Gus or Rehash Bash Gus Threads”!!!!

Hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. 

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

"Some things I hope Chip/Gus doesn't do this season"

Hope they dont lose a single game!

You are asking for too much 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, doug3020 said:

Go brain dead once the script has been run. 

This is why CCL is my man crush this year.  I’m expecting Gus has some trust in Chip to actually listen to his coordinator during the game.  I hope Chip will recognize when Gus goes brain dead (you know he will sometime this season) and interject a thought in Gus’ head in a way that Gus believes he had an epiphany.  It can happen.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:10 AM, AU-24 said:

I guess some on here would rather have Urban Meyer. 

This doesn’t even make sense

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chandler Cox touching the football ever. Not even going for a fumble. Never touches the ball again. Ever. 

Most unselfish players
Tommy Stevens, Penn State
Chandler Cox, Auburn
Zach Abey, Navy
Josh Jacobs, Alabama
Dare Odeyingbo, Vanderbilt

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24431000/bryce-love-nick-bosa-highlight-kirk-herbstre-2018-season-herbies

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Hope he blocks his heart out. But never ever ever takes a snap under C or lines up and gets a carry. EVER. 

Archived