Some things I hope Chip/Gus doesn't do this season

Swamp Eagle

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hope he blocks his heart out. But never ever ever takes a snap under C or lines up and gets a carry. EVER. 

Can’t disagree with that too much.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I hope we develop some back-shoulder throws. Also hope we can "just rush 4". 

If  we can do this with any regularity, it could not only not only take pressure off the younger members of our secondary, but could pose a much greater likelihood of interceptions and sack-fumbles. I think the talent is there, easily. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hope he blocks his heart out. But never ever ever takes a snap under C or lines up and gets a carry. EVER. 

+1 

I hope that "experiment" has been trashed for good.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is why CCL is my man crush this year.  I’m expecting Gus has some trust in Chip to actually listen to his coordinator during the game.  I hope Chip will recognize when Gus goes brain dead (you know he will sometime this season) and interject a thought in Gus’ head in a way that Gus believes he had an epiphany.  It can happen.

IMG_1444.JPG

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chandler Cox touching the football ever. Not even going for a fumble. Never touches the ball again. Ever. 

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

+1 

I hope that "experiment" has been trashed for good.

I'm sure the CoxCat is dead but the dude carried, caught and even threw the ball quite a bit in high school. He was a 4* recruit and it wasn't for his blocking. Maybe he's hot garbage toting the rock at the college level but I will not be surprised in the least if he is effective with the ball in his hands if he's not being fed to the wolves with idiotic last-minute game plan changes to an even more idiotic offensive scheme. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Some things I hope Chip/Gus doesn't do this season
18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sure the CoxCat is dead but the dude carried, caught and even threw the ball quite a bit in high school. He was a 4* recruit and it wasn't for his blocking. Maybe he's hot garbage toting the rock at the college level but I will not be surprised in the least if he is effective with the ball in his hands if he's not being fed to the wolves with idiotic last-minute game plan changes to an even more idiotic offensive scheme. 

Cox wasn’t a 4* recruit. And has zero zip no none business toting or throwing the football at the SEC level. Give our future stats at QB and RB those reps. 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He wasn't for most of his recruiting cycle but he did end up a 4*

You saved me this time!

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cox wasn’t a 4* recruit. And has zero zip no none business toting or throwing the football at the SEC level. Give our future stats at QB and RB those reps. 

I disagree with your logic. Sometimes you do things other than what you're best at so that what you're best at becomes easier and more effective. Also, can you provide a specific critique of his ball carrying skills?

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chandler Cox touching the football ever. Not even going for a fumble. Never touches the ball again. Ever. 

To his credit he did make some critical catches last season.  The two I can think of was the regular season UGA game, and the touchdown catch in the SEC Championship.  So I might suggest to revise your statement to allow catching the football.

34 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

9 bodies to the right of the center and we run right into it.  Genius!

On 8/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, ScubaSteve said:

When we are up by 35 and the 2nd string comes in, run the ball on every play.

I really never cared for Steve Spurrier, but that's one thing I agree with him on: when the second string comes in, let them run the playbook. If the other team can't stop our subs, then said other team REALLY doesn't belong on the field with us.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, Barnacle said:

Also hope we can "just rush 4". 

I suspect that will be the case with our D-line, and that if we send even one extra guy, it'll look like a jail break. At least, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Am i the only one who thinks it's kinda funny that we pay our offensive guru coach a lot of Money to NOT participate in the offense?

my only two cents: don't say "no doubt" after every sentence in postgame interview.

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Am i the only one who thinks it's kinda funny that we pay our offensive guru coach a lot of Money to NOT participate in the offense?

my only two cents: don't say "no doubt" after every sentence in postgame interview.

Personally, I certainly HOPE he's participating in the game planning and preparation for the games (especially running the ball, which is where he has thrived), but I like the idea of letting Chip have autonomy calling the plays. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

9 bodies to the right of the center and we run right into it.  Genius!

Man that alignment is screaming for the RT to roll out as eligible receiver into the flats.   NOBODY THERE

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

You're putting that on Cox?! Scroll back a couple plays and tell me how KP did under similar circumstances.

Cox was a damned man just to get back to the LOS. 

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Man that alignment is screaming for the RT to roll out as eligible receiver into the flats.   NOBODY THERE

Nobody home on our sideline in the last 2 Clemson games, either. 

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Naked boot would walk right in

22 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

@GwillMac6 and I have talked about this quite a bit. It turns out he's actually much better at running the program than he is at running the offense. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@GwillMac6 and I have talked about this quite a bit. It turns out he's actually much better at running the program than he is at running the offense. 

lbj.gif

Archived