Week 1 - Malzahn Previews Washington

WFE12

My man-crush did a pretty good job. I'd grade him out at a solid "B". He seems relaxed, but focused. Confident, but serious. And thankfully, he didn't have that "pissed off, I hate the media, not going to answer any stupid questions" attitude. This is just baseline. Let's see how he assesses after the game...

Question about our schedule.  From what I've seen just casually perusing media reports, it seems we play a lot of teams with a lot of returning starters.  I know @StatTiger used to do his analytics of total games played by returning players and related that to success on the field.  Has anyone ever looked at a team's schedule and done any analytics on how many starters their opponents have and how that relates to winning for the upcoming season?  Seems like that might be a big factor in schedule strength and success for the season.

I'll say it again for about the 10th year.  Why can't we have wireless mics for the reporters asking questions during the press conference?  You can almost hear them in this video but the live radio broadcast was inaudible. 

13 hours ago, around4ever said:

I'll say it again for about the 10th year.  Why can't we have wireless mics for the reporters asking questions during the press conference?  You can almost hear them in this video but the live radio broadcast was inaudible. 

* 100000!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Question about our schedule.  From what I've seen just casually perusing media reports, it seems we play a lot of teams with a lot of returning starters.  I know @StatTiger used to do his analytics of total games played by returning players and related that to success on the field.  Has anyone ever looked at a team's schedule and done any analytics on how many starters their opponents have and how that relates to winning for the upcoming season?  Seems like that might be a big factor in schedule strength and success for the season.

You'd hope that those responsible for the AP preseason rankings would factor in experience, but Vegas probably does a much better job of it. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You'd hope that those responsible for the AP preseason rankings would factor in experience, but Vegas probably does a much better job of it. 

That’s because Vegas has a lot more $ riding on it.  

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s because Vegas has a lot more $ riding on it.  

And aren't beholden to subscribers for their personal biases. 

Worm cracking into that 3a and 3b role with Asa... I can't remember who said it on here but we might have some kids considering transfers soon.

That aside, I'm very excited to watch the Martin + Worm combo mature together over the next four years.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Worm cracking into that 3a and 3b role with Asa... I can't remember who said it on here but we might have some kids considering transfers soon.

I’d be very surprised if one of our RBs decide to transfer.   ....unless of course Gus decides to only play one RB all season until his legs fall off again.  

32 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’d be very surprised if one of our RBs decide to transfer.   ....unless of course Gus decides to only play one RB all season until his legs fall off again.  

Looking at RBs not named Kmart, Boobee, Asa, and Worm.

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Looking at RBs not named Kmart, Boobee, Asa, and Worm.

Miller's really the only one. But it's true that he's potentially an NFL guy with an uphill battle at AU.

Barrett's a true WR now and Joiner's some sort of Hback/flanker/TE/slot/Mario Fannin/Charles Clay/Trey Burton* hybrid. 

*I'm the only one saying Trey Burton so take it for what it's worth, which is less than whatever's stuck to the bottom of your shoe ATM.

Archived