Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree on Arky. I think a guy like Fleck could revive the Vols program.

He would be one of the few who MAYBE  has a shot and could because he is a dynamic recruiter.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CCslim said:

Fleck literally just got an extension last week. I’m 100% sure he is off the market. 

Tiny dollars compared to what's out there. Think anything could happen. But if you are right, if it holds him in place for one more year...that might be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, CCslim said:

Fleck literally just got an extension last week. I’m 100% sure he is off the market. 

Small programs constantly give extensions trying to keep elite coaches away from bigger schools. It never works. 

Does anybody know what the buyout is on his newly signed extension or even if there is one in Coach Fleck’s contract?  Not that Auburn has ever let a buyout get in their way (until Gus). 

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Does anybody know what the buyout is on his newly signed extension or even if there is one in Coach Fleck’s contract?  Not that Auburn has ever let a buyout get in their way (until Gus). 

Last I heard it was 10 million

4 minutes ago, autan said:

UAT lost to LSU by 5 pts at home.  We only lost by three at Tiger Stadium. Bammer should fire their coach.

Leo for Head Coach?!

Back when we first hired Gus,  TCU's Gary Patterson was a fan favorite for the Auburn job. His team took unbeaten Baylor into 3 overtimes before losing yesterday, so why not Patterson? Yes, he's 4-5 this season, but he's not Gus. Patterson has my vote!

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Back when we first hired Gus,  TCU's Gary Patterson was a fan favorite for the Auburn job. His team took unbeaten Baylor into 3 overtimes before losing yesterday, so why not Patterson? Yes, he's 4-5 this season, but he's not Gus. Patterson has my vote!

And, since Rhule got taken to 3 overtime’s by a 4-5 team we can now take his name off the list. 

17 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I like Fleck but he doesnt have the connections down here that Cristobal does so I would have to lean towards Cristobal over the two. 

I agree.  Fleck is not a distant second though.  

If Gus ends up in Fayetteville I hope the powers that be hire

1) a proven winner

2) not the flavor of the month see Jeff Brohm

3) nobody that age is going to become an issue in the next 5-10 years.

27 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Gus ends up in Fayetteville I hope the powers that be hire

1) a proven winner

2) not the flavor of the month see Jeff Brohm

3) nobody that age is going to become an issue in the next 5-10 years.

I can remember in here a few years ago all the disdain for the “ row the boat coach” that went to Minnesota. Wonder what they think about him now ?

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think Patterson is somewhat a victim to the demise of the Big 12. Before they could get all of the good talent out of Texas which was a huge get. Since the big 12 haven’t been making much noise in the CFP that talent is now going to SEC. Clemson and Ohio State. JMO

22 hours ago, CCslim said:

Yep and it was a big extension, I think he will be rowing the boat at Minnesota for quite a while . 

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I can remember in here a few years ago all the disdain for the “ row the boat coach” that went to Minnesota. Wonder what they think about him now ?

Read a great article yesterday about the "row the boat" and other "gimmicks" Coach Fleck put into play to build chemistry and cohesion.  All I can say is this...call it whatever you want if it works.  #showmethemoneyresults

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep and it was a big extension, I think he will be rowing the boat at Minnesota for quite a while . 

10 million is a lot of money.  Compared to $49 million....????

I think Minnesota got a bargain.  

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

10 million is a lot of money.  Compared to $49 million....????

I think Minnesota got a bargain.  

Tora, $10 million is Fleck’s buyout if he leaves on his own, not the total value of his contract.  

Archived